All USA Road Qualifiers to be Broadcast on beINsport

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Cool Hand Luke, Aug 22, 2012.

1. StrikerX4

StrikerX4 Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Lawrence, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How are the broadcasts?

2. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whatever you do dont ask about altidore...

3. az2004

az2004 Member

Jun 5, 2012
    i presume this is NOT basic cable level

4. vaquero28

vaquero28 Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we subscribe to the all the sports channels so it came on automatically for us but is not in HD as yet. At least not on dish....what does Altidore have to do with it?:whistling:

5. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Anyone have AT&T U-Verse? I've had Comcast, Time-Warner and Direct-TV and U-verse has worked out the nicest for me so far; it would be a shame if I had to switch because they can't get their act together on BEIN.

Mestes repped this.
  6. LANDONBUDDLE

LANDONBUDDLE Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Is there any chance of this being on Time Warner Cable?

7. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. They're negotiating with multiple providers right now. The instant gratification crowd needs to chill out and watch the jamaica game on a stream if they need to, the way it would have been if broadcast by Traffic anyway. If you don't have access to the Oct qualifiers, then start worrying.

8. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have Uverse. I'm patiently waiting, I think it will eventually land up on the sports package.

9. TheOriginalOnelovesoccer

Aug 24, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    they want to get onto all cable providers. just go to their website and use their tool they provide for easily emailing your provider to request the channel. all the major providers are on there.

on DirectTV this is already in HD and it's a fantastic broadcast. VERY slick and clean. plus, there are no commercials right now. so their "commercials" have just been mini-documentaries or previews of their shows. which all look great. my buddy who has DirectTV and already paid for FSC and GolTV had this channel as soon as it was released, so it will NOT cost more (e.g. FSC+, HBO, etc.).

My guess is the same will be for the other cable providers.

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is what the NHL network did for a year or two after launch. Eventually they will start putting commercials up once they get sponsors.

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say there is a high chance of being on every major cable network by the end of next year.

12. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He: (eyes glazed, staring at tiny TV screen showing USA soccer)
    She: (furious) Is that all you ever think about?

13. StrikerX4

StrikerX4 Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Lawrence, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :)

Luckily, I have a much better set up than that: 50" TV and a girlfriend that'll be wearing one of her several US soccer jerseys cheering on the team with me.

Real Corona repped this.
  14. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Does she have a sister? ;)

15. StrikerX4

StrikerX4 Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Lawrence, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly, no! But in either case, I don't think the love of USMNT runs in her family (pretty sure they think she caught some disease from me) ;).

16. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    i have U-Verse. They don't have it yet, but they have a website where you can request channels be added, it's one of 5 or so sports channels they have as an option to select so I'd guess that means they are at least thinking of adding it. http://uversechannels.att.com/

17. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been watching their broadcasts this morning and the HD feed is BEAUTIFUL on DirecTV. Their production is also top notch and their announcers are not bad at all.

So happy that there is another soccer channel!

18. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn. I knew I should have gone to Jamaica for this game.

FirstStar repped this.
  19. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if I don't have BeIn, will I be able to purchase the match via PPV?

I see that there are some games available on my carrier on Friday, just don't know which ones.

20. colins1993

colins1993 Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THX

21. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Friday's game going to be on both the English and Spanish versions of BeIN? Apparently I'm getting only the Spanish channel on Comcast starting Thursday.

22. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read an article saying only the Spanish channel...at least it's on TV! On that channel it's also not live, apparently it's on at 8:45 PST.

23. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very doubtful that there is a PPV option. BeIN want customers for their television channel. If they provide other options for the same content, that doesn't exactly drive people where they want them to go. I believe that's part of the reason that they ceased streaming games via the internet.

The good things are that they have a lot of money and power since they are a part of Al Jazeera. They'll be able to negotiate their way into every major cable/satellite company's line up of channels - in time. They also aren't going the a la carte route like FSC and FSP, so if you've purchased the sports pack on your provider, then you have or will have BeIN. Their production is top notch. Their HD broadcasts are great quality as well, so far.

Also, for the near term, they are already on DTV and Dish, so there's likely a bar nearby that will have access to the game and you now have an excuse to go out and have a few while watching The U.S. kick the crap out of Jamaica. :thumbsup:

mike4066 repped this.
  24. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing from Comcast yet.

Do we have the channel numbers on DTV and Dish? If I go to a bar, I will not want to miss part of te game while they search for it..

25. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    The only question I have: How did Temryss lane get a job where she has to speak on television? Oh my lord that is painful to listen to.