All Time Korean Team

Discussion in 'Korea' started by hanul21, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I don't understand how some of the lineups leave out Cha Boom.

chook90 and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  2. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

those are the lineups you can ignore

chook90 and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  3. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #53 toohyper, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    Almost 4 years later, I would like to change this.

------------------Cha Boom-----------------
    -SHM--------------PJS-----------LCY------
    --------------------------------------------------
    ---------Yoo SC---------Ki SY---------------
    -LYP-------HMB---Kim YK---------CDR--
    ----------------------LWJ-----------------------

7-Men Bench:
    GK-Cho Hyun Woo
    DF-Kim Tae Young
    DF-Park Joo Ho
    MF-Kim Nam Il
    MF-Koo Ja Cheol
    FW-Park Ju Young
    FW-Hwang Sun Hong

Reserves:
    GK-Kim Byung Ji
    DF-Choi Jin Cheul
    DF-Song Chong Gug
    MF-Go Jung Soo
    MF-Huh Jung Moo
    FW-Lee Dong Gook
    FW-Seol Ki Hyeon

On a month trial-
    FW-Lee Chun Soo
    FW-Ahn Jung Hwan
    DF-Hong Jeong Ho

I'm still a bit reluctant to put Lee Chung Yong in the all-time starting 11. Obviously we know about his prime with Bolton when he was a Premiership player, but truthfully speaking, the way his career turned out has been a bit disappointing (not his fault he got his leg broken, granted). Still, I was toying with the idea of putting Park Ji Sung at Right Wing to be a defensive winger and putting Park Ju Young at "CAM" as more of a shadow striker role.

With this lineup, I expect us to heavily dominate the flanks with Lee Young Pyo overlapping with SHM and CDR overlapping with LCY. Cha Boom is strong in the air, and I expect him to win some aerial, despite being a 5'11 striker going up in the air against lumbering 6'4 traditional centerbacks. If unsuccessful, low crosses and taking advantage of the pace of SHM and Cha Boom. Play direct football, let SHM dribble down the flanks to low-cross Cha Boom who is thundering down the opposition's box with his explosive pace. Or SHM can cut inside and score a curler. I want Lee Chung Yong to play a bit more free roaming as a winger and have the option to play more centrally to compact the center of the pitch and help out Park Ji Sung, Yoo Sang Chul, with some 1-2 passes. When Lee CY goes central, Cha Du Ri can move up the right flank for potential of his crappy crosses into the box.

Yoo Sang Chul will operate as more of a defensive mid-fielder when we're leading. If we're trailing, we're converting him to either a box-to-box midfielder or move him up higher. Ki Sung "Yeung" will be a deep-laying playmaker, spraying passes all over the pitch. Yoo SC and KISSY have to operate as much defensively as possible, considering that I want our fullbacks (Lee Young Pyo and Cha Duri) to join in on the attacks when possible.

Park Ji Sung will play more of a CAM like he did in his PSV Eindhoven days. Of course, we'll take advantage of his stamina by having him press heavily on the opposition's centerbacks if they try to get cute with their dribbles and short passes. We can also have Park Ji Sung drop deeper to play more defensively, and have SHM and Cha Boom stay high up for direct counters.

I chose Kim Young Gwon because 1) He had a brilliant WC 18 performance 2) He is taller/bigger than Kim Tae Young. Now, he isn't a bulldog like Kim Min Jae, but KMJ has not done enough to warrant a place on my Korean All-Time squad, which I will affectionately nickname "The Roof Koreans". Hong Myung Bo is a great defender and great libero, but we need someone a bit bigger lined up next to HMB. So that's why I chose Kim Young Gwon. Could have picked Choi Jin Cheul, but in modern football, you need your CBs to able to pass a bit and Kim is better at that.

Now why do I have Cho Hyun Woo in the sub instead of Kim Byung Ji? Again, need more height in the GK position. And Cho Hyun Woo also had a brilliant WC 18 performance, and that alone imo allows him to get a nice comfortable seat on the bench. I wish we had more pace on the bench, and legitimately thought about having Lee Chun Soo on the bench. But Lee Chun Soo isn't clinical of a finisher, and we need guys who can score. Hence why prime Park Ju Young is in there, who can create, finish a bit, and dribble. Hwang Sun Hong is a natural goal-scorer, a poacher. You need a guy like that on the bench. A bit reluctant to have Koo Ja Cheol as I wanted a MF who can create more, but unfortunately Korean National Team have not produced enough creative mid-fielders yet to push Koo Ja Cheol off the squad and make him the ballboy. Kim Nam Il is obviously there to replace KSY late in the match when we are leading.

God, the holidays...I have way too much time right now.

Sons of Thunder and 12th Player repped this.
  4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I would also like to deploy the famous 4-3-2-1 Tree Formation just to troll opponents.

------------------------Cha Boom---------------------
    ------------------PJS---------SHM--------------------
    -----------Yoo SC----KNI-----KSY------------------
    -LYP-----------HMB-----KYK---------------CDR---
    ------------------------LWJ------------------------------

5. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Besides few quibbles, I would agree with all of your choices and logic (and also that we have too much during the holidays!) But CDR at RB is a significant defensive liability. He would get torn apart by quality wingers. I think Song would be a substantially better choice in this regard. After Song, there is.....no one that gets anyone excited. This has been and continues to be the biggest hole in KNT.

toohyper repped this.
  6. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #56 toohyper, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    I know CDR isn't great defensively, but he didn't really embarrass himself on that end in WC 2010. If you're worried about his defense, I'll plug Park Ji Sung at RW and have Lee Chung Yong or Park Ju Young at CAM. I have no problem putting Song CG over CDR at RB, but I want some pace on that right side of the pitch.

7. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    SHM. CBK
    KJS. AJH. LCS
    KSY. KNI
    LYP HMB. CJC. SCG
    LWJ

I've gone speed and power two top. Technicians in AM - tempted to play YJH as my 10 but went with Ahn and his more goal scoring threat. Also thought of LCY on the right, but LCS is a better crosser for Cha Boom. Korean Pirlo and Gattuso behind them and then the 02 backline and GK.

8. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #58 toohyper, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Who’s KJS? You surely mean park ji sung, whom yiu left out? What about yoo sang chul? Why was he excluded

And also, a 4-5-2 or 4-2-3-2 would be illegal :eek:

9. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hmm. Good point. Drop Ahn.
    고종수.
    Park can come off the bench. KNI greater defensively than YSC. KSY greater playmaker. It's a better balance.

10. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kim Nam Il is slightly better defensively than Yoo, but Yoo offers far more as a mid-fielder. I rather have a much more well-rounded CM who can play defensively/offensively like Yoo. But I don't have much issue with Yoo being on the bench for your reasons.

Don't take this the wrong way, but a bit asinine to have Park Ji Sung, a KNT legend and top 3 KNT player ever (along with Cha Boom and SHM) to come off the bench, lol. That's just me tho.

11. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ------------CBK - SHM-------------
    ---------PJS - KSY - KNI----------
    LYP - KTY - HMB - CJC- SCG

Solid WC2002 defense. Can put in KYK in place of KTY/CJC.
    Great build up play starting from HMB and KSY. Good ball winners beside KSY in KNI & PJS.
    Two explosive attackers in CBK & SHM to execute KNT's counter attacking play.

jk1802 repped this.
  12. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I had PJS and LCY in contention for the right side spot with LCS. With Song at RB, I am pretty solid defensively so went for the greater attacking technician. I would swap them in and out depending on the opposition.

13. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I hear ya but have to put your best players in there. It's a no brainer for me that an all-time Korean starting 11 should at least include Cha BK, Park JS, and Son HM.

14. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And 1 more thing about Ko Jong Soo. Probably one of the most naturally gifted footballers Korea ever produced. His prime was way too short tho because of injuries along with lack of any discipline (drinking and eating). Ko Jong Soo could have gone very far in football if he had it all there mentally Again, I wouldn't put him on my starting 11 (I had him on my reserves), but he's one of the biggest "what-ifs" that Korea football ever had.

Here's a bit about Ko for the youngins who never heard of him

seolseol and pkk78 repped this.
  15. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's making a great transition into coaching though. I don't think a lot of people could have predicted that.

seolseol, pkk78 and toohyper repped this.
  16. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Probably realized he could have gone far more and made more money in his football career. Him coaching and excelling is his way of trying to make up for what he could have done in this game. Also i’m sure his job prospects outside of football are very low so might as well be good at coaching

17. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    SHM - CBK
    LYP - YSC - PJS
    KNI - KSY
    KTY - HMB - CJC
    LWJ

bench
    Lee Eul Yong
    Ahn Jung Hwan
    Hwang Sun Hong
    Lee Dong Gook (2004 version against Germany)
    Park Joo Ho
    Cho Hyun Woo (2018 version, different hairstyle pls)
    Kim Young Kwon (2018 version, i thought he played poorly in 2014 WC)

reserves
    Park Ju Young
    Koo Ja Cheol
    Seol Ki Hyeon
    Cha Du Ri
    Lee Chun Soo
    Lee Kwan Woo

this may look a little unconventional, but i'd like to push LYP to left mid to give him more attacking options with KNI covering the DM with KSY supporting KTY CJC and HMB for D and distributing the ball for the 3 attacking midfielders. the 3 back worked pretty well in 2002 from what i remember and SHM + CBK is a no brainer. YSC was the man.

Lee Eul Yong was money in 2002. If it wasn't for home run slugger Choi Yong Soo against the US, he would've bagged 2 assists during that match. excellent cross for ahn to equalize and got himself a goal against turkey and not to mention an assist for HSH against poland. Excellent player in my book.

Lee Kwan Woo is underrated and Lee Chun Soo is overrated in my opinion but they both make the reserve cut in my book. LDG scored 8 goals in 10 internationals in 2004 and this was the year we beat germany 3-1. he may be labeled lazy but he gets the job done and can warm the bench for my squad.

18. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Son --- Hwang18 -- Cha Sr

--------Fantasista-------
    --Dog Eater------Yoobi

Song---Hong--Tiger--Wipey

--------------Fat------------

Bench:
    • Jumen
    • Uijo 16
    • Koo Ja-cheol
    • Kim Joo-sung
    • Choi Jin-cheol
    • Kim Byung-ji

Reserves:
    • Ko Jong-soo
    • Choi Young-il
    • Seo Jung-won
    • Choi Soon-ho
    • Huh Jung-moo
    • Lee Chun-soo

19. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lee Dong Gook

Son Heung Min---Ahn Jung Hwan----Cha Bum Keun

Park Ji Sung----Kim Joo Sung

Lee Young Pyo----Hong Myung Bo---Jung In Hwan----Choi Kang Hee

Lee Woon Jae​

20. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What is this non-sense. i know you want to be a bit different from others all-time starting 11. but what is this non-sense.

and someone mentioned lee kwan woo as well. nice tidy player but no.

Deleted Users repped this.
  21. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Can I negative rep this nonsense?

Deleted Users and edlee1992 repped this.
  22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    ---------------Cha BK---------------

------SHM----Yoo SC-----PJS------

------Kim Nam Il-----KSY-------

Lee YP---Hong MB---Choi JC---SCG

---------------Cho HW---------------

Bench: Ahn JH, Cha DR, LCY, Ko JS, Lee Eul Yong, LCS, Hwang SH, Park JH, Kim TY, PJY, and LWJ.

This is the most balanced side I could come up with.

23. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    -------------------CBK------AJH------------------------
    -------------------------SHM------------------------
    -------LCY-------------------------------PJS--------
    -------------------------KSY----------------------------