All-Time Chain Draft: TOURNAMENT - 7th Round

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Perú FC, May 14, 2020.

1. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Perú FC 2-1 OT_CAPITANO

[​IMG]

Diego Maradona, Romário (Perú FC)
    Pelé (OT_CAPITANO)

Man of the Match: Gaetano Scirea (Perú FC)​

2. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    La-Máquina 2-1 PDG1978

[​IMG]

Lionel Messi x2 (La-Máquina)
    Ronaldo (PDG1978)

Man of the Match: Luís Figo (PDG1978)​

3. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #53 heroearaucano, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    I always have those 3 English votes against me, but I don't anycare.
    But this it show you a evidence.

Rhetorical questions.
    There are no 3 draws, there are 3 losses.
    7 vs 3 Can the difference be much?
    Can the criteria be so different?

4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    His team imo looked slightly stronger

nothing to do with location just looked at the teams

heroearaucano repped this.
  5. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    And the English despise to A. Vidal, the best Bot to box of the decade!

This video was uploaded by me:

Other videos

JJMM1 repped this.
  6. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vidal is a champions, is this type of player that work for the team in silence.

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Vidal was good but best b2b?

8. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    It is just the same as when you apologised to me for one vote (there was no need honestly) - I said it is no problem as I am sure it is your honest vote and that is what matters. And I have also been giving honest votes (including when I have voted a score draw in your game with OT_Capitano for example). I can promise you 100% that it is not anything to do with a European/South American rivalry.

I have liked your contributions by private message too, including the videos about Rojas the Chilean goalkeeper.

I guess for all of us there can be a pattern in the votes, because the teams we value the highest tend to get good votes in every game, but of course it can change from game to game with different match-ups. I do think everyone picked a quality squad with lots of very good players and it makes sense that most of us normally vote for very close matches and quite often draws.

I was in two minds a little bit this time because Tom didn't submit the team himself, but I actually think his first choice team is high quality in every department, and of course it has Johan Cruyff as an integral part. My honest feeling was that I felt it was a bit more likely his team would control more of the game and ultimately forge the chances to win the game too. But please don't be offended (just like I wasn't offended by your vote when you apologised for it and mentioned Pele vs Costacurta etc - it might be you changed it to less of a defeat lol I think at a late point if I followed correctly but that's ok anyway; I did appreciate that I managed to field a team that you felt could get a 3-3 draw with @La-Máquina 's team in this round anyway - obviously I thought it was good for that kind of result myself lol too but in the end everyone votes and the consensus determines things and even though me and @OT_CAPITANO were close to getting draws we can't really complain since the opponent did have 3 votes for wins to our none so looking at it in that way giving the opponent the win is understandable - my team possibly needed the point more than his!).

Anyway, you got the win against an impressive team of Tom's, so it is cause to celebrate I guess! No hard feelings anyway I hope. I understand why @Perú FC shows the votes too I guess, but hope they don't cause any problems between any of us.

Perú FC and msioux75 repped this.
  9. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #59 heroearaucano, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    I sent you that message, because I wanted to demonstrate with arguments that my votes against you were grounded and not whimsical. I study games a lot and it is a merit to debate and demonstrate the reason for voting.
    My message has been to show you that I am not a whimper, because as I said before, I do have doubts about the European trial.

In this case, playing with a false 9 against a 5-man defensive system, commanded by Figueroa, one of the best game readers in history, is simply absurd. Figueroa has stopped to Pelé, Muller, Garrincha or Blokhin, of course he could against a false 9 Cruyff. Moral: Elías Figueroa must be fixed with a striker, not let him float so that he can display all his qualities.

10. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #60 heroearaucano, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Look at his track record and evaluate it yourself.
    9 consecutive titles between Germany, Italy and Spain.
    Two Copa América and hundreds of cups and recognitions as to be part of the historic 11th of the Copa América.
    Vidal, by a long distance, has been the best box to box of the decade.
    Lothar Matthaus has been declared an admirer of Arturo Vidal, even after his time in the Bayer.

What happens is that according to English logic, if a player does not play in the premier league, this player is nobody, but the English they forget that the world is big and the English are not the only ones. I come from Chile a small country in soccer, but at Wembley Chile has won twice and tied another. Unbeaten. In the 2017 you are "crazy" about Alexis, and I as Chilean prefer Valdivia, Vidal or Medel. England is good, but it is not the only one.

11. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    for me, the box to box midfielder doesn’t exist anymore. The 442 is dead. Vidal has played the same role as guys like Nainggolan (who had a better but smaller peak) yaya toure (better imo) and Kevin de Bruyne (best player in this position)

min a 433 he played as a runner between the halfway line more and the opposition area. He had the luxury of playing around elite midfielders at those clubs, all of which being the best team in their respective league

do t get me wrong, I rate him but I don’t believe he was better than at least the players I mentioned.

in regards to Alexis, I found him good as an arsenal fan but a bit overrated due to his poor passing and lack of positional sense

Medel was average and failed in a low level prem side and hasn’t set the world alight since

I agree the premiership is overrated but the problem is, all the money is here now. I love South American players btw, I loved how Chile played with such tenacity and skill and I loved the flair of Brazil for years (till they became boring)

I guess the issue is I mainly watch premier league football and European football so that is why it may be biased

I feel like you are very knowledgeable but a bit arrogant with your views sometimes. After all this is subjective, in this draft greaves isn’t thought highly of but is one of the most prolific goal scorers in the history of the game

12. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I will only clarify one point, Medel did not fail in the premier !!! Medel left the team because he fell to the second division and went to Inter Milan. He was the star of his Welsh team. About Alexis, in the long run if he adapted to Barcelona football and he gone by the "wide door".
    Vidal 2014-2015 was considered the best midfielder in the world, at the time of Xavi and Iniesta.
    Kevin de Bruyne has a good year, Vidal has had a good decade.