All-Time Chain Draft: TOURNAMENT - 4th Round

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Perú FC, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Here we open the 4th Round of the Tournament.

[​IMG]
    This is the fixture:

GROUP A

@tLB Odiseo vs. @poetgooner
    @thebigman vs. @JJMM1
    @Diez vs. @msioux75

GROUP B

@heroearaucano vs. @OT_CAPITANO
    @Tom Stevens vs. @La-Máquina
    @Perú FC vs. @PDG1978

Steps to follow:

* First, all visitors must ban an opposing player (that player won't be able to participate).
    (@poetgooner, @JJMM1, @msioux75, @OT_CAPITANO, @La-Máquina, @PDG1978)
    The maximum period for banning will be 24 hours from this publication.

* Second, all locals also must ban an opposing player.
    (@tLB Odiseo, @thebigman, @Diez, @heroearaucano, @Tom Stevens, @Perú FC)
    The maximum period for banning will be 24 hours from the opposite ban.

* Third, after both bans are done, all visitors must publish in this thread their lineups and may add tactical indications about their ideas for the proposal.
    The maximum period to submit your lineups will be 48 hours after having established all the bans (of all matches).

* Fourth, all locals must publish their lineups and may add their own tactical indications.
    The maximum period to submit your lineups will be 36 hours after the visitor's publication.

* Fifth, in the next 24 hours any of the participants may add new indications, tactical clarifications, player analysis, etc. The thread will be open to everyone's opinion in any match.

* Sixth, I will announce the opening of votes. These should be sent to me via PM. I'll send mine to my rival in this round, so you can confirm it in the vote count (I'll try to do it before everyone to avoid suspicion).

Please, proceed all to ban...

P.D.: Remember that you can no longer ban:

Diez: Eusébio, Carlos Alberto, Zidane
    heroearaucano: Müller, Kubala, Figueroa
    JJMM1: Andrade, Santamaría, Monti
    La-Máquina: Messi, Shevchenko, Nesta
    msioux75: Baresi, Förster, Batistuta
    OT_CAPITANO: Pelé, Neeskens, Facchetti
    PDG1978: Ronaldo, Figo, Lizarazu
    Perú FC: Romário, Maradona, Thuram
    poetgooner: Platini, Matthäus, Beckenbauer
    thebigman: Cristiano Ronaldo, Moore, Cafu
    tLB Odiseo: Gullit, van Basten, Jairzinho
    Tom Stevens: Cruyff, Júnior, Xavi

2. OT_CAPITANO

OT_CAPITANO Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 16, 2020
  3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  4. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    @Diez , Passarella is banned now

5. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  6. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
  7. La-Máquina

La-Máquina BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @Tom Stevens

You will have Hristo Stoichkov missing from our fixture.

8. La-Máquina

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Btw, great work @Perú FC so far, I have been thoroughly enjoying the tournament so far and your professional presentation.

Perú FC, JJMM1 and PDG1978 repped this.
  9. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I must ban first, you will will play at home. For the formations i go to first.

I ban Best.

thebigman repped this.
  10. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree

thebigman repped this.
  11. tLB Odiseo

tLB Odiseo Member

Necaxa, Galatasaray, Real Madrid
    Dec 18, 2011
    México
    Club:
    NEC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
  13. Diez

Diez Member

Universitario
    Peru
    Oct 26, 2019
  14. OT_CAPITANO

OT_CAPITANO Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 16, 2020
    My formation for this match will be a 3-6-1 or a 3-4-2-1 if you will

[​IMG]

This team will have a a-symmetric formation with Fachetti joining the defense if necessary but with Seedorf playing as a midfielder not a wing-back (let me make this clear)

DEFENSE:

The team will line-up with a 4-4-1-1 in defense with Fachetti dropping into that defensive line to give coverage and create a solid line of 4 with Cannavaro as RB

[​IMG]

Fachetti-Schnellinger-Krol-Cannavaro will be our defensive line when we don't have the ball with Didi and Neeskens as a double pivot with Seedorf and Kaka open on the sides to launch counter-attacks when we recover the ball (more info after my rival posts)

---

MIDFIELD:

- Neeskens and Didi will be playing a double pivot. to have more control of that midfield and to offer more pressure into my rivals offensive players.

- Fachetti and Seedorf will have different roles. Fachetti will be a a wing-back who will join attack to open the field and join defense to help with coverage...Seedorf on the other side will have a RM role, help with pressure in midfield and pressure my rivals fullbacks and help with possession of the ball.

- Kaka and Pele will act as a double 10 with Pele being the most offensive out of the two. Klinsmann will have the role to pin-up the defense to create pocket of space for Kaka and Pele

--

ATTACK:

[​IMG]

There isn't much to say in this department, i will wait for my opponent to propose his lineup for a more in depth attacking setup. it will look something like this with Pele and Kaka at the edge of the box doing what they do best...Seedorf and Fachetti doing damage on the sides...Didi controlling movement off the ball and Neeskens staying put to avoid any counter attacks to reach the defense with the amazing sliding tackle of his

Perú FC repped this.
  15. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    My formation vs @Diez is a classic 4-2-3-1
    [​IMG]
    Shielding my goal, the best defensive line of this draft, in which Zanetti could go forward, only if he's not so busy with opposing players.

In the first line of mids, Lahm could go forward breaking the opposing lines, meanwhile Moreno and Francescoli will have the freedom to go everywhere confusing his markers, while Rummenigge will be the most offensive of the two wingers.

Perú FC repped this.
  16. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Teamsheet for Match Day 4 fixture vs @Perú FC (away)
    13: Lorenzo Buffon; 5: Laurent Blanc; 2: Jorginho, 6: Alessandro Costacurta, 3: Bixente Lizarazu; 4: Patrick Vieira; 17: Luis Figo, 18: Michael Laudrup; 12: Trevor Francis, 9: Ronaldo, 7: Claudio Caniggia

PDGvsPeruFC(a).png
    Captain - Blanc
    Penalty taker - Figo
    Direct free-kick takers - 1st choice Figo, alternative choice Ronaldo
    Indirect free-kick and corner takers - 1st choice Figo, alternative choice Laudrup

Tactical approach
    I have decided to use most of the pace and verve in the squad in the attacking half of the pitch in this game, while using Vieira to anchor the midfield and supplement a back 4 which will be disciplined while also aiding the build up of attacks. Lorenzo Buffon makes his debut, and is encouraged to be pro-active in coming for balls and closing down opposition players approaching goal (especially if Romario is selected as Peru FC's centre-forward). Costacurta is also to pay close attention to the centre-forward, as well as covering the incursions of Maradona at the earliest opportunity as and when appropriate. Blanc hangs back as the spare defender to cover behind Costacurta in general, and can pick his moments to step into midfield with the ball. Jorginho and Lizarazu are not required to be particularly attacking, so they can help form a solid and reliable back 4, but they can sensibly progress up the pitch a bit and are not forbidden from sensing opportunities to make rare runs far down their wings from where they might look to play quality crosses (potentially to the back post area) or pick out colleagues in good positions in or around the box.

Vieira is another player who is asked to keep an eye on Maradona, but in general forms part of a skilful midfield that looks to take the ball down and play at every opportunity, as well as being the link between the back 4 and the speedy front 3. Vieira is the one is most equipped to be winning 50/50 challenges in the midfield and is encouraged to do so in a fair and sensible way, but his mindset will be somewhat cautious too in terms of his movements on the pitch, so that he can be available when the opposition transition to attack themselves, and can shield the defence. Figo and Laudrup play as attacking central midfielders and look to set the tempo and intent with their dribbling, ball skills, progressive passing, through balls and interplay with each other. They will use the wings at times when it's a good option as the play develops. Meanwhile Francis and Caniggia are free to roam as supporting attackers; going wide but also running through the centre. Ronaldo will play as he does best, getting on the ball anywhere in the attacking third and also making runs off the ball through the centre. Francis and Caniggia in particular are to help with closing down opposition players when they can, as we don't want to give Peru FC's defenders or midfielders a lot of time on the ball in general. We'll try to keep the pace of the game fairly high tempo, and create overloads via Figo and Laudrup's incursions into the attack.

Perú FC repped this.
  17. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ROUND 4
    Vs.
    @thebigman

- PLAYER INJURED:
    Alfredo Di Stefano is flu.

- FORMATION:

[​IMG]

1. DINO ZOFF (GK): . He is the goalkeeper to have kept a clean sheet the longest time, from September 1972 to June 1974 (consecutive 1142 minutes or 12 Matches) was unbeaten and also own the Juventus record longest streak without conceding a goal in the intersected period with 903 minutes.

2. JOSE LEANDRO ANDRADE (SB): He was a versatil player, he played like fullback or half back right.

3. JOSE NASAZZI (CB): Nasazzi is widely considered as the greatest defender in the pre-war era.

4. JOSÉ SANTAMARÍA (CB): Santamaría is the greatest South American man-marker of all-time.

5. PATRICE EVRA (SB): An aggressive, tactically intelligent, versatile and hard-working player, he is also renowned for his leadership and tenacity on the pitch.

6. LUIS MONTI (DM): Monti was gotten his nickname (Double wide) because of his coverage on the pitch, was a rugged and ruthless player, but had good technical skills to go with his stamina and strong tackling.

7. JOSEF BOZSIK (CM): He was known for his flawless technique, tactical nous, passing accuracy in both short and long range with the right moment.

8. SOCRATES (AM): he was a prolific goal scorer, courtesy of his powerful and accurate shot with his right foot, and his ability to make attacking runs into the area from behind.

9. SANDOR KOCSIS (ST): He was an all round forward being a magnificent finisher, very strong, great at positioning and most of all brilliant in aerial battle.

10. ADOLFO PERDENERA (LW): He was known for his expertise in short-passing to create a large number of assists.

11. ZOLTAN CZIBOR (RW): He was notable for having a powerful shot, good pace, excellent ball control and world class finishing.

- TACTIC:

TYPE: 4-2-1-3 ; ATTACKING: 3-1-1-4 ; DEFENDING: 4-1-4-1

[​IMG]

- STRATEGY:

*DEFENSIVE STRATEGY: Santamaria will mark the man on Greaves, he is very stronger in the man marking. Andrade take Cristiano (if he plays in the left side) and Nasazzi will play like sweeper. On my left, Bozsik will support of Evra, I think their will take Robben on this side. If Robben go to inside, Bozsik help in this mark, our intention is preventing that Robben shot from afar. In the middle, Monti will take the most advanced midfielder from the rival team, Socrates will go down a few meters to help in the right midfield while Pedernera and Zcibor support the sides. Pedernera will take Cafú, if this player go to attack.

Sometimes Evra, Pedernera and Bozsik are in my left defense while in my right are Czibor, Socrates and Andrade. I think that with this team i can win the midfielder and dominate the game.

*OFENSIVE STRATEGY: Pedernera and Czibor, were repositioned by the sides although, with total freedom for try lose his man marking and throw diagonals to the centre in the offensive phase of construction of the played. Forwards who happen to play wide, looking to work the diagonal inside the fullback. Zcibor cut inside onto his stronger foot, he is attacking the fullback on his weaker side.

I have seen 2 defects of Khan who is very good under the goal but to go out to cut crosses he has doubts and his rebounds are very short, almost always are in the small area. For this reason, I will try to shot outside the area with Socrates, Pedernera or Boszik, hoping that Kocsis and Czibor would score on the rebounds given by Khan.

With my fullbacks I will work the crosses, they will go to attack intercalated, if one attack the defender on the other side stays supporting in the midfield, while Monti positions in front of the my back centers. I hope to take advantage of the crosses with the excellent aerial game of Kocsis and the weakness of Khan. When my fullbacks attack, my wings will go into the area, trying to pull the mark of the rival fullback.

* If you have any doubt about the position of Boszik on the left, this article can explain that he played all position of the midfield: “We classified the Hungarian Bozsik in the first position of the left midfielders when in most of the games he played to the right "theoretically", but acting interchangeably in both areas of the line”

Link: http://hemeroteca.mundodeportivo.com/preview/1954/07/11/pagina-3/632208/pdf.html#&mode=fullScreen (read Fe de erratas)

* If you have some doubt about the position of Czibor (RW), he played the final world soccer 54 in this position, you can check it: Link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_FIFA_World_Cup_Final#Match

And he scored the 2nd goal of Hungary in this match. (Minute 5:50). In this video you can watch Bozsik and Kocsis too.

Some informations of my players:
    * Socrates:

* Pedernera: "When he advanced through the left lane, facing and making way through the best defenders, Adolfo Pedernera brought out a genius of anthology." The espector (https://www.elespectador.com/copa-america-2019/adolfo-pedernera-el-gestor-de-el-dorado-en-colombia

Perú FC repped this.
  18. La-Máquina

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    B0F0BAB2-4E88-476E-AF84-F0F91E819CD7.png

A change in tactics.

looking to control the midfield and dominate centrally looking for
    My forwards to make runs in behind with Ronaldo able to go out wide left

full backs provide width. Kroos and falcao can control the game from deep with Koeman dropping back as a third cb in defence

iniesta is my playmaker. Adams and Moore will be able to deal with everything aerially and Moore can play the ball out from the back

Cafu and Cole will comb forward as my midfield is competent to hold their position

Ronaldo will have a free role and be an aerial target as well as receiving the ball deep and running at his cbs, greaves will play higher up as a poacher

heroearaucano and Perú FC repped this.
  20. Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens Member+

Dec 12, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I will ban Ronaldinho

21. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  22. tLB Odiseo

tLB Odiseo Member

Necaxa, Galatasaray, Real Madrid
    Dec 18, 2011
    México
    Club:
    NEC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Post your team

23. La-Máquina

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #23 La-Máquina, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Starting XI vs Tom Stevens

[​IMG]

Formation
    4-3-3
    Style
    High possession, fluid and expressive beautiful football. South American skill and flair, united with European steel and efficiency.
    Player Roles
    VAN DER SAR, Edwin (GK - Sweeper-keeper)
    GERETS, Éric (RB - complete fullback)
    STAM, Jaap (CB - complete centreback)
    NESTA, Alessandro (CB - complete centreback)
    ROBERTO CARLOS (LB - attacking fullback)
    REDONDO, Fernando (DM - deep lying playmaker)
    KEANE, Roy (CM - box-to-box)
    GARRINCHA (RW - wingforward)
    ZICO (AM - attacking midfielder)
    NEDVED, Pavel (LW - complete left winger)
    MESSI, Lionel (FW - false nine)
    Captain
    Roy KEANE
    Freekicks
    ZICO, Lionel MESSI, Pavel NEDVED
    Penalties
    Lionel MESSI
    Corners
    Lionel MESSI, Pavel NEDVED, ROBERTO CARLOS

KEY TACTICAL HIGHLIGHTS

- MESSI dropping deep will create space for ZICO and GARRINCHA.
    - no dedicated marker on ZICO will give him more freedom to feed my front three and score.
    - REDONDO-KEANE-ZICO fully equipped to win the central midfield battle.
    - GARRINCHA to exploit the space when Junior moves inward.
    - KEANE-REDONDO to provide more defensive cover/protection for my back four than Ocwirk-Xavi will (and NEDVED who has a higher defensive workrate than my opponent's wingers).

Perú FC repped this.
  24. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  25. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Watching the formation of Thebigman, I will explain my defensive plan. My formation begin in 4-2-1-3 but is turn into 4-1-4-1 in defense, when we don’t have a ball. It is obvius that I will lose the possession of the ball. Then, I will retract the team and will play the counterattack. I chose leave the ball to thebigman’s team and I will have a medium block defense with zonal man orientations and keep compact on the lines for don’t give spaces, only Santamaria will do man marking over Greaves.

I will not press thebigman’s centerbacks the function defensive of Kocsis is around Koeman, press him. Cristiano (?) we will create a jail. We don’t play man to man against him, but my players are responsibly for any position that Cristiano could go, we will base on positional working, for that is very important the communications and leadership of some players, like Nasazzi and Monti. If Ronaldo moves to our right side, he will take by Andrade with support of Nasazzi and Socrates, if he moves to our midfielder right, he will take for Socrates, supporting for Monti or Czibor; if he moves to our middle defense, he will take by Nasazzi or Monti.

My transition attack will try make quickly and for the sides. We will attack the spaces provided by the sides. When Cafú or Cole attack us, we will have space in theirs backs and Adams and Moore are exposed. So, I will try to take advantage the speed of Pedernera and Czibor and the long pass of Boszik, Monti and Socrates for attack the sides spaces. I using Pedernera in my left because I hope control Cafú’s attacks, The Argentinian have marking and sacrifice, and when we recover the ball, Pedernera have the speed to counterattack Cafu’s back. The same work will be done on the other side, in the duel Czibor – Cole.

In the deadball, we will have zonal marking in the 6 yard box and man marking at the heard of the box.

There are some movements of my team:

1) Attacking the spaces from backs of Thebigman’s fullbacks:
    https://tactical-board.com/animation/9b08549cdb0529_bfsp

2) Cristiano’s Jail:
    https://tactical-board.com/animation/ff38a4b9494fd2_bfsp

Perú FC repped this.