All-Time Chain Draft: TOURNAMENT - 3rd Round

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Perú FC, Mar 30, 2020.

1. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #26 heroearaucano, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    MY OPINION

1).- I like Ramos as a lateral defense.
    [​IMG] S. Ramos VS G. Meazza [​IMG]

2).- IMPORTANT: My opponent does not use the wings (outside forward), but rather advanced playmakers, this makes it easier for Vidal and Breitner, because since there is no danger of splits by the sides.

3).-The game is balanced, is need to appreciate the details.

2. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
  3. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  4. La-Máquina

La-Máquina BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #29 La-Máquina, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Team selection and tactics vs. OT_CAPITANO

[​IMG]

Style
    4-3-3 formation: high possession, fluid and expressive beautiful football. South American skill and flair, united with European steel and efficiency.

Player Roles
    VAN DER SAR (GK - Sweeper-keeper); ZAMBROTTA (RB - complete fullback), STAM (CB - complete centreback), CARVALHO (CB - complete centreback), ROBERTO CARLOS (LB - attacking fullback); REDONDO, Fernando (DM - deep lying playmaker), KEANE, Roy (CM - box-to-box), COLUNA (CM - box-to-box); GARRINCHA (RW - wingforward), MESSI, Lionel (FW - false nine), RONALDINHO (LW - playmaking inverted winger).

Captain
    Roy KEANE
    Freekicks
    Lionel MESSI, RONALDINHO
    Penalties
    RONALDINHO
    Corners
    RONALDINHO, Lionel MESSI, ROBERTO CARLOS

TACTICAL ADVANTAGES:
    - encourage Ronaldinho and Garrincha to run at my opponent's wingbacks and attack the space behind them, stretching my opponent's 3 central defenders, allowing space for Lionel Messi and Mario Coluna. Neeskens' effectiveness is reduced in this role. Ze Roberto as a wide midfielder, was known more for his ball skills and passing/attacking attributes than his defensive quality. Here he will be exposed by Garrincha in this one-on-one. Roberto Carlos will overlap Ronaldinho, who will cut inside the left channel. If Neeskens and Ze Roberto are tempted to drift into the centre (which they inevitably will do naturally), Messi will spray accurate passes outwide to Garrincha and Ronaldinho/Roberto Carlos)
    - physical domination of my midfield trio: I respect my opponent so I have introduced the complete Mario Coluna for this game. Redondo-Keane-Coluna offer excellent defensive workrate, passing, power, covering, marking and movement with the ball. Seedorf/Didi always needed destroyers to allow them to maximize their playmaking influence. Redondo-Keane-Coluna offer Messi, Ronaldinho and Garrincha the perfect defensive platform and tight screen in front of my centrebacks and fullbacks. When we defend as a unit we will become compact. Our opponent lacks any dangerous width, so we will only stretch our shape when we attack.
    - Catching OT_CAPITANO on the break: when OT_CAPITANO has committed higher up the pitch my fast vertical counter will have Garrincha, Messi and Ronaldinho against his back three. Sammer was a world class attacking libero, not a world class defensive sweeper. My back four are all strong and quick, able to defend against slow or fast transitions. Not many defenders have been able to slow down or stop Messi, Ronaldinho or Garrincha on the back foot.
    - A back three including a libero (Krol) will be proved less effective as I am not fielding a target man or conventional centrefoward, I have Messi playing as a false nine. I will have superior numbers in midfield, and hope to stretch Cannavaro/Schnellinger wide and out of position. I am not playing a conventional #10, so Sammer's inclusion as a defensive pivot is also less effective.
    - Pele's influence will be reduced with not enough offensive players to take advantage of his passing and movement. His attacking interplay will be reduced with no wide attacking threat (no Zagallo/Rivelino/Garrincha-type attackers creating space for him or running with the ball) and Jurgen Klinsmann (although a lethal poacher) is limited as a natural strike passing-partner. Sammer, Didi and Seedorf will be too deep. Neeskens and Ze Roberto will be too deep, focused on Ronaldinho and Garrincha.

Perú FC repped this.
  5. OT_CAPITANO

OT_CAPITANO Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 16, 2020
    #30 OT_CAPITANO, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Point by point

- first of all...Neeskens started his career as a RB so that position is not foreign to him...Ze Roberto is also playing a position in which he can perform at a high level (Wing back in which he has defensive cover) Saying this and also adding that a line of 5 is almost impossible to stretch like you are saying.

Whoever has the ball in your attack will always be double marked so Neeskens and Ze Roberto will always have help from Cannavaro and Schnellinger covering if necessary...and with Messi playing as false 9 they will not have any issues moving to the to the sides to help with cover

And talking about Messi....Krol playing as a sweeoer is ideal for a false 9...as he will have the freedom to cover him anywhere on the pitch without losing position thats the thing about a sweeper in a line of 5...they have the freedom to move around without compromising the defence.

- talking about the midfield. Zico on the bench was a major mistake as he was the player i had most issues with coming into this match. Thank you for that. A Coluna-Redondo-Keane midfield is definitely a strong midfield...but my midfield trio has alot more quality on the ball and is gonna win that possesion battle like i anticipated.

- with us winning the possesion and having the ball more is gonna give Ze Roberto and Neeskens the chance to join the midfield and create even more superiority in that department....with Sammer joining that defence to create a strong line of 4 that holds off counter attacks....without Zico your team loses a lot in attacking material.

- and i predicted that you would make your sidebacks attack more to counter my control of the midfield....that would leave your defence exposed to Klinsmann vs Stam or Pele vs Carvalho (as Roberto Carlos is the one that might go into attack the most) leaving Carvalho exposed and alone vs Pele is shooting yourself in the foot....like the lsst match vs Ramos...well... atleast Ramos had some cover in the last game with Scirea... Carvalho will have to do wonders to stop Pele without any help.

While on the other side your attackers will have to go at a line of 5 which always will have 2 open players to help with marking

PS: my players will not be that deep as you are saying....the plan is to have the possesion of the ball which will take place in the midfield....with Ze Roberto and Neeskens giving a step forward while Sammer drops in that defence....the lack of tracking back from your attacking players is gonna be key in this match. My team can have possesion but also play long balls...so with your sidebacks in attack a long ball from any defender is enough to put him against Carvalho

Perú FC repped this.
  6. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #31 JJMM1, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020

THIRD ROUND VS POETGOONER

PLAYER INJURED: LUIS MONTI have Coronavirus. We pray for his soon recovery

FORMATION

1. DINO ZOFF: He is one of the greatest goalkeepers of all time.

2. JOSE L. ANDRADE: He was a tall guy with elastic movements and grat visión of game, who always preferred the direct, elegant game without physical contact and was always ahead with his thoughts by several moves.

3. J. NASSAZI: One of the greatest Uruguayan legends of all-time, he is the only defender in history of World Cup to win Golden Ball award and is the only defender ever won Copa America MVP more than once time.

4. J. SANTAMARÍA: was the best defender in the World during the 1950s.

5. P. EVRA: In 2009, he was recognised as the world's best left-back when he was named in the UEFA Team of the Year and 3 times named in PFA PL team of season.

6. J. BOZSIK: Bozsik is regarded as the greatest deep-lying playmaker in history of European football and was the best midfielder in the World during the mid-50s.

7. F. LAMPARD: Lampard is the only midfielder, to have scored 150 or more goals in the Premier League. He is fourth in the Premier League's all-time assists table, with 102 assists.

8. S. ETO’O: He is considered as the second greatest African footballer of all-time. Eto'o is primarily deployed as a central striker, although during his time at Inter, he demostrated notable tactical intelligence and versatility by playing in several other positions on the pitch, as a winger or even as an attacking midfielder.

9. S. KOCSIS: Sandor Kocsis is considered as the greatest target striker in history of Eastern European football, and the best striker in the world during the early 1950s, is one of the greatest aerial scorers ever.

10. A. DI STEFANO: He is regarded as one of the best footballers of all time. He was awarded the Ballon d'Or for the European Footballer of the Year in 1957 and 1959

11. Z. CZIBOR: was one of the great players in “The Magical Magyars” Hungary golden team, rated as Hungary’s best winger ever.

TACTIC: 4-2-4 Hungarian Sistem 50's

[​IMG]

Explanation:

My idea is fight the posession of ball and open the space for find the oportunities of goal.

I think to delay Di Stefano for help us in the creation, fix my wingers (Eto’o and Czibor) to keep busy the rival full backs and Kocsis play to the space with diagonals.

In defense, My 2 DC will play in the line, but Santamaría will play delayed that Nasazzi, my wings back will support the attack, while my two MC’s (Boszik and Lampard) support the central defense and help in the offensive game. Boszik will play more defensive that Lampard.

When my wings backs attack, my wings forward will move to center of the attack trying for give this space to our wings back. My wings backs will not attack at the same time, their attacks movements will be interspersed.

I watch two positional mistake of my rival in attack. Kempes can not play on the right side because he doesn’t have the skills for play in this position, he is a striker. And the other positional mistake is the ubication of Kopa, his prime level was not for left side. So, my wings back will not have problems in this game fod defense and attack, because Kempoes and Kopa doesn´t have defensive skills. In the other hand, my wings attack will play 1v1 against fullback of my rival.

In the middle, the idea is that Di Stefano find some space in the back of Busquets, Boszick will mark Platini (No man mark) and Lampard have more freedom to attack. Di Stefano will support in defense if is necessary. In attack, I want that my wings (Czibor and Eto’o) open the line defense of my rival and fight 1v1 against his fullbacks or generate counterattack from backs of Dani Alves or Amouros. About the position of Eto’o, I will explain in a video, because when Eto’o played in this position, Inter of Milan won to Barcelona’s prime. When Kocsis move to the side, one of the wings go to middle.

This is the performance of Frank Lampard in the final of UCL 2012:

This is some movements of Eto’o playing with Inter against Barcelona (2009):

Some bloopers (mistakes) of Peter Schmeichel (GK of my rival) and Dani Alves (RB of my rival)

Peter Schmeichel:
    Dani Alves:

Perú FC and heroearaucano repped this.
  7. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #32 JJMM1, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Perfomance resumen of Evra playing Uefa games:

Kocsis in WC:

Perú FC repped this.
  8. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You are obsessed with positions my friend! :ROFLMAO:

With that attitude, you'd be one of the people to tell Mourinho to NOT play Eto'o as a wide forward :whistling:

What matters is the role they're in because that's what dictates how their skills are utilized. It's what makes it possible to see Di Stefano as a no.8 (or even a no.4!) in the all-time XI thread. It is also why in a modern tactic such as mine, Kempes playing as a right inside-forward, making diagonal runs to score goals, and Kopa playing as a left-side playmaker, cutting inside to create play, make sense, especially with Amoros and Alves making overlapping runs behind them.

Perú FC repped this.
  9. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I think we are at this point again now?

I can add a few quick clarifications and adaptations having seen Tom's line-up now.

- It is to be re-emphasised to Figo that he is not required to track back and in general I don't want him to do it! Perhaps more than in a standard Zona Mista, he will be pretty much an attacker, and in fact the more Junior goes forward the more I would like Figo staying high up on the right side of the pitch. It is not forbidden, when he sees it can be useful, to run back a little and intercept or challenge Junior of course, but I wouldn't want him regularly filtering back or ending up in Costacurta's zone. If someone goes to help there it should mainly be Tigana and sometimes Vieira (especially if he has followed Cruyff out there, but he is not strictly man marking Cruyff so at times he can decide it is best to help defend in wide areas in general).

- Blanc and Hierro would be looking to prevent close range chances, because at his prime Shilton was very good at shot stopping and we'd be confident in him dealing with shots from in and around the edge of the box. Maybe he can stop something from very close range too, but the aim would be to make the opponents try lower percentage efforts that he could parry away, turn over the bar etc. Blanc and Hierro were both tall and decent headers so when they can get to the ball first they'll look to do that in the air, but they wouldn't look to battle or chellenge with Charles for 50/50 balls in the air, but instead look to get themselves in the way of his headers - to block the path to goal. Hierro might be looking to pounce on balls Charles might head down and clear them away, or if feasible take them down and start a move of our own of course. Hierro is advised that if and when he can play long passes to Figo it seems even more advisable to do that now.

- Jorginho, as at Leverkusen for example, can be useful as a left wing back, but in contrast to with Figo, Tom's team-sheet probably makes his role a bit more cautious than it could have been, because we'll want him to be the one opposing Johnstone, and because Johnstone might be looking to go down the outside often anyway. Jorginho is advised that showing Johnstone inside can be a good option, but he should certainly follow him when he does dart towards the area. It can be that Jorginho is in good position to make stretching tackles and play the ball with his right leg. Of course Hierro can still help with Johnstone (as might Vieira and others), but he will be more inclined than he might have been to play mostly as a conventional centre-back, not overly concerned with covering the left side (since there isn't a Stoichkov or Salah cutting in to shoot with their left for example).

- Costacurta will likely err a bit more to covering the wing than he might have done, but his basic role remains. When he can go and challenge or intercept he will, and when it is right to close Stoichkov down to stop a cross he will, but he may also decide to leave a bit of distance and aim to block the cross from further back, or help defend in the centre. It is not seemingly a major tactic of Tom's but as and when Cruyff ended up with the ball on the left himself we aim to get closer to him to give him less opportunity to pick out pinpoint crosses or passes. Not too close that it's too easy for him to slip past his opponent, but to be tighter than Costacurta might sometimes be with Stoichkov. Costacurta can help (including against Stoichkov, who will probably look to cut inside still at times) defending in central positions often, allowing Blanc to hang back and sweep up as previously stated.

Perú FC and Tom Stevens repped this.
  10. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    That's right mate.

The voting period will open in around 12 hours.

I'm still reading all the specs and comments.

PDG1978 repped this.
  11. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dear, Eto'o and Di Stefano played in this positions that i'm using now. Even, Eto'o played in the right when Guardiola used the false 9 with Messi, your can watch in the match that Barcelona won 6-2 against Real Madrid and in the final of UCL against Manchester United in 2.009.

But Kopa i had not watch him played in the left wing, maybe he can play but in lower level that we know him. And about Kempes, i don't know ...:thumbsdown:

12. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    I liked, how Figo is calling for substitution and Costacurta wants to put himself between the goalposts, LOL

Perú FC repped this.
  13. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :laugh::ROFLMAO::D:laugh:

14. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  15. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Ok mates, all 12 teams were exposed for the 6 matches of the 3rd Round.

Voting opens!
    Please, send me your votes via PM.
    The deadline will be Sunday 5th.

Remember the format to vote:

16. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Group A

thebigman vs. msioux75

Diez vs. tLB Odiseo

JJMM1 vs. poetgooner

17. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Group B

Tom Stevens vs. PDG1978

Perú FC vs. heroearaucano

La-Máquina vs. OT_CAPITANO

PDG1978 repped this.
  18. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Figo is just changing his shirt for number 17. Costacurta might clear a Cruyff lob off the line in the last minute.

19. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    But the serious answer (as you know full well @msioux75 !) is that Figo is to use the right wing a lot, and Costacurta is playing the right side defender role in the Zona Mista type formation, and filtering into a central defender position often.

At least using that website I don't put multiple arrows on each player anymore!

msioux75, Perú FC and La-Máquina repped this.
  20. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
  21. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    heroearaucano repped this.
  22. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso