All-Time Chain Draft: TOURNAMENT - 10th Round

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Perú FC, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Here we open the 10th Round of the Tournament.

[​IMG]
    This is the fixture:

GROUP A

@Diez vs. @JJMM1
    @tLB Odiseo vs. @msioux75
    @thebigman vs. @poetgooner

GROUP B

@Perú FC vs. @La-Máquina
    @heroearaucano vs. @PDG1978
    @Tom Stevens vs. @OT_CAPITANO

Steps to follow:

* First, all visitors must ban an opposing player (that player won't be able to participate).
    (@JJMM1, @msioux75, @poetgooner, @La-Máquina, @PDG1978, @OT_CAPITANO)
    The maximum period for banning will be 24 hours from this publication.

* Second, all locals also must ban an opposing player.
    (@Diez, @tLB Odiseo, @thebigman, @Perú FC, @heroearaucano)
    The maximum period for banning will be 24 hours from the opposite ban.

* Third, after both bans are done, all visitors must publish in this thread their lineups and may add tactical indications about their ideas for the proposal.
    The maximum period to submit your lineups will be 48 hours after having established all the bans (of all matches).

* Fourth, all locals must publish their lineups and may add their own tactical indications.
    The maximum period to submit your lineups will be 36 hours after the visitor's publication.

* Fifth, in the next 24 hours any of the participants may add new indications, tactical clarifications, player analysis, etc. The thread will be open to everyone's opinion in any match.

* Sixth, I will announce the opening of votes. These should be sent to me via PM. I'll send mine to my rival in this round, so you can confirm it in the vote count (I'll try to do it before everyone to avoid suspicion).

Please, proceed all to ban...

P.D.: Remember that you can no longer ban:

Diez: Eusébio, Carlos Alberto, Zidane, Passarella, Rijkaard, Baggio, Dzajic, Briegel, Fillol
    heroearaucano: Müller, Kubala, Figueroa, Rivellino, Meazza, Bergomi, Tardelli, Breitner
    JJMM1: Andrade, Santamaría, Monti, Di Stéfano, Nasazzi, Bozsik, Czibor, Eto'o, Sócrates
    La-Máquina: Messi, Shevchenko, Nesta, Ronaldinho, Zico, Garrincha, Redondo, Stam
    msioux75: Baresi, Förster, Batistuta, Varela, Rummenigge, Maldini, Moreno, Lahm, Zizinho
    OT_CAPITANO: Pelé, Neeskens, Facchetti, Sammer, Didi, Cannavaro, Kaká, Krol, Schnellinger
    PDG1978: Ronaldo, Figo, Lizarazu, Puskás, M. Laudrup, Vieira, Tigana, Hierro
    Perú FC: Romário, Maradona, Thuram, Buffon, Scirea, Davids, Pirri, Rivaldo, Charlton
    poetgooner: Platini, Matthäus, Beckenbauer, Henry, Blanchflower, Schmeichel, Kempes, Kohler, Kopa
    thebigman: Cristiano Ronaldo, Moore, Cafu, Best, Falcão, A. Cole, Koeman, Iniesta, Kroos
    tLB Odiseo: Gullit, van Basten, Jairzinho, Makélélé, Gérson, Jennings, Vogts, Desailly, Nílton Santos
    Tom Stevens: Cruyff, Júnior, Xavi, Stoichkov, Ocwirk, Modric, Charles, Raúl, Johnstone

2. OT_CAPITANO

OT_CAPITANO Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 16, 2020
    Ill ban Maicon

3. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  4. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
  5. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  7. OT_CAPITANO

OT_CAPITANO Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 16, 2020
    #7 OT_CAPITANO, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    My formation for this match will be 3-2-3-2

[​IMG]

I have been studying my rivals style of play and players meticulously to find the way to not only win but to win BIG. my rival doesn't have anything to play for, so i can expect his players to not put a big of a fight. my players are motivated and ready to eat up the field

i have found my rivals strengths which i will try to nullify and his weaknesses which i will try to exploit

strengths:

His midfield: this i will counter two wide players stretching that midfield to make Xavi and Modric have to run more to cover but also putting a lot of quality players in midfield like Didi and Kaka which are gonna give them a run for their money. his midfielders are gonna feel asfixiated and uncomfortable the whole match

Cruyff: Hes playing in like a false 9 role joining the midfield when necessary but also attack we will counter this by putting players in front and behind him. Sammer will pressure him in midfield and Schnellinger in defense giving him no room to breath. on the other hand Krol will mark Stoickhov (with some help of Fachetti) and Cannavaro wont have many problems with Raul.

His sidebacks: Junior and maybe Jarni are gonna start probably. Neeskens and Fachetti when defending will cover the flanks and i dont see Junior or Jarni being able to give much problems to Neeskens or Fachetti.

This is how the team will setup in defense

[​IMG]

Neeskens and Fachetti will stop his sidebacks while also helping cover Stoickhov and Raul. the plan is to launch quick counters with Kaka and Pele. it will be difficult for players like Xavi and Modric to catch up.

now that we managed to control his strengths lets exploit his weaknesses

Offensively the team will apply high pressure, with a crowded midfield and fast players the plan is to recover quick and attack constantly. we dont only need to win but we need to score a lot of goals... the succesfull Pele-Klinsmann duo will play against charles and Van Dijk two strong defenders...the plan is to use their movements in and outside the box to create pockets in defense to be exploited.

[​IMG]

Here is my team offensively... like i said HIGH PRESSURE and constant attack...players are motivated and ready to go to WAR[​IMG]

Gregoriak, Perú FC and thebigman repped this.
  8. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    thebigman repped this.
  9. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Gregoriak and thebigman repped this.
  10. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @Diez if you accept, i ban Ruggeri- Sorry for delay

11. Diez

Diez Member

Universitario
    Peru
    Oct 26, 2019
    No problem. I ban Pedernera.

12. Diez

Diez Member

Universitario
    Peru
    Oct 26, 2019
    Now that I think about it, it is convenient for me not to accept the delay of my rival on this date, so I would have the victory assured by W. O. but for the sake of fair play I will accept. I hope everyone votes conscientiously. :thumbsup:

13. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  14. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
  15. tLB Odiseo

tLB Odiseo Member

Necaxa, Galatasaray, Real Madrid
    Dec 18, 2011
    México
    Club:
    NEC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    msioux75 repped this.
  16. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Gregoriak and Perú FC repped this.
  17. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  18. tLB Odiseo

tLB Odiseo Member

Necaxa, Galatasaray, Real Madrid
    Dec 18, 2011
    México
    Club:
    NEC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gregoriak and Perú FC repped this.
  19. JJMM1

JJMM1 Member

Junior
    Colombia
    Feb 19, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You don't have a victory assured by W, you just accept if play with ban of your player or not.

For you get the victory. First, we must play a game.

20. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Gracias.

I think that means that Zona Mista might return another time for my team, but I will confirm the line-up later on today anyway.

21. La-Máquina

La-Máquina BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #22 PDG1978, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    No, actually I decided to give the 3-4-3 diamond a go! I also consulted Arsene Wenger on tactics to secure 4th place with, since he has plenty of experience with that task! Somehow I nevertheless leave out Bergkamp (so he doesn't have to travel to South America again), while Figo has a rest too.

Line-up for Matchday 10 game vs @heroearaucano (away)
    1: Peter Shilton; 6: Alessandro Costacurta, 5: Laurent Blanc, 16: Fernando Hierro; 4: Patrick Vieira; 14: Jean Tigana, 15: Bruno Conti; 10: Ferenc Puskas; 7: Claudio Caniggia, 9: Ronaldo, 18: Michael Laudrup
    PDGvsheroearaucano(a).png
    Captain - Hierro
    Penalty taker - Puskas
    Indirect free-kick and corner takers - 1st choice Conti, alternative choice Laudrup
    Direct free-kick takers - 1st choice Ronaldo, alternative choice Hierro

Tactical approach
    The back 3 is set up to play quite narrowly, focusing on keeping things tight in the central area, but Costacurta can move to the wing on one side or Hierro to the wing on the other side when it seems necessary. The three players aim to stay concentrated and to be prepared to get in between opposition players and the goal in order to block shots, although also to head the ball away if the opposition do put some crosses in. I still ask them to be calm in possession, to play the ball accurately to team-mates, and Costacurta may move to the right or Hierro to the left when we begin a move in some instances, to be able to play the ball up the wings easily, or open up the angles.

Vieira obviously plays more of a shielding role in this game, backing up the midfield and even helping out deep in defensive positions. He is still to help control the game and dictate play with his skills in the middle of the pitch though. Tigana plays a two way role, so sometimes will move back and help Vieira out defensively, but at others will move forwards purposefully and fluently including down the wing. Conti can help out in our left back area at times, but primarily he will look to be positive and constructive on the left of our midfield, and on some occasions during the game he can swap positions with Laudrup, hence Laudrup dribbling and playing his through balls from deeper and Conti becoming an attacking left winger. Puskas lurks in an attacking midfield role, helping knit moves together but always looking to join the attack and often hoping to shoot from around the edge of the box after being played in by a team-mate at the end of a move. Laudrup can play freely from one side, but Caniggia is also not strictly stuck on the wing - he is allowed to float around a bit to get on the ball in positions he feels he can make an impact from. Sometimes he will certainly look to get round the back of the defence on the right and put quality balls into the area for team-mates though, as will Laudrup from the left. Ronaldo is not strictly a box striker either, so also has freedom to move around and get on the ball.

Gregoriak, Perú FC and heroearaucano repped this.
  23. Diez

Diez Member

Universitario
    Peru
    Oct 26, 2019
    If you're right. I thought the time that had expired was for the presentation of your team. :laugh: Let's go ahead and play. ;)

24. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Accepted

You can present your lineup.

25. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Banning to Luis Suárez, I know you'll play that way.