All Things Transfer [Summer '08]

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by Rust_In_Peace, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ugen64

ugen64 New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    well if the agent was quoted correctly, he said "in London" and Everton are definitely not in London. but you're right, I do recall Everton being linked with him now that I think about it.

do you guys think Torsten Frings has any chance of leaving this season? many Arsenal fans would like him (or a similarly experienced player) to play holding midfield for a few years before bringing in a young player. but recent quotes I have read from him (eg. "we need to sign a striker to replace Klasnic") would indicate to me that he has no plans to leave.

2. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    He has no plans to leave

3. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. WerChrissBre

WerChrissBre New Member

Jul 27, 2008
    hello love Brazilians. irh what you heard whether Werder Bremen interested in NILMAR ... if you know what you write to me, please ...
    All the best

olá amor brasileiros. irh o que você quer ouvir Werder Bremen interessados em NILMAR ... se você sabe o que você escreve para mim, por favor ...
    Todos os melhores

5. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There haven´t been any rumours about Nilmar and Werder this transfer period.

6. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yes, this year it´s about Fred (Lyon) and Falcao (River Plate).

But Allofs comment leaves space for speculations: ;)
    "Our interst in signing Falcao is as big as our interest in signing Fred."

7. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    June, 29th:
    August 1st: (BBC July, 31st:)
    BBC obviously don´t visit BigSoccer. ;)

8. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Other reserve news:

Alparslan Erdem (19, left defender) has an offer from Galatasaray Instanbul.
    It would be very sad, if he leaves, because he definitely has the potential
    to become a BL player. :(

9. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    too bad... Erdem changes to Galatasaray Istanbul for 1.2 mio :-/

10. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    (Kreiszeitung online 11.08.08)

11. scrbblsz

scrbblsz New Member

Aug 11, 2008
    hmm, any idea who the candidates may be?

i heard KA was in england...

12. WerderDownUnder

WerderDownUnder New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Australia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Ailton seeks Bremen return

9 August 2008 | 18:35 - PA Sport

Former Bundesliga golden boot winner Ailton is begging Werder Bremen for a second chance and has promised he can fire them to the Bundesliga title again.

The 35-year-old striker played for the northern Germany side in 2004 when he won the golden boot award with 28 goals and Bremen won the Bundesliga title.
    He has since played for Schalke, Hamburg, Besiktas, Red Star Belgrade, Duisburg and Grasshoppers while he is currently under contract with Metalurg Donetsk, but he has never been able to find the form he showed for Bremen.
    Now he is pleading with the Bundesliga club to give him a second chance.
    "I live in Brazil and am not going back to Donetsk," he told Bild newspaper.
    "I hope my contract is terminated within one or two weeks so I am free for Werder.
    "I am as quick as before and still have my eye for goal. I want to prove to coach (Thomas Schaaf) in training and I have faith in my ability of becoming top goalscorer once again.
    "I want to go back to Werder and will be calling (director of sport) Klaus Allofs in the coming weeks. I hope a transfer to Werder works out."
    Bremen would normally not entertain the idea, but after losing Ivan Klasnic at the end of last season they lack an experienced striker.

13. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

While this amuses a lot of fans to no end (me included), and quite a few of them actually want him to come back (some seem to be willing to start a petition even), this part of the article is just plain speculative nonsense. The club will not even consider signing him again.

14. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to WELT ONLINE, we are going to sign Claudio Pizarro (Chelsea) soon.

http://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/arti2326129/Adler_muss_Debuet_im_Tor_der_Nationalelf_absagen.html

Not sure what to think about this to be honest. On the one hand, it makes sense to sign an experienced striker, since we have more than enough talents in our ranks already. Pizarro knows the language and the league, had the best years of his career in Bremen. On the other hand, he is used to ridiculously high wages, and tends to overestimate his abilities, is inconsistent often.

On his day, he can cause any defence in the world a lot of trouble, but those days are too far in between. If he could find the form of his early years in Bremen, he'd be a very good signing. Werder's attacking philosophy should help in this respect, makes it rather easy for strikers to shine. Some say that even their grandma would score double figures playing for Werder...

But we really do need a striker, so I'd be glad if we sign anyone really.

15. Rust_In_Peace

Rust_In_Peace New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Iraq/USA
    Pizarro would be the best choice for us right now...

I always felt that Pizarro never fully shined with Bayern.. He was always considered the number 2 striker there. With Bremen I know Schaaf can get the best out of him.

16. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    At Pizarro there the salary is the critical point.

17. cro werder

cro werder Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Dubrovnik Croatia
  18. mofo4life

mofo4life Member

May 25, 2004
    near munich
    bah traitor:mad:;)

19. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    Welcome back Claudio!

20. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good deal I reckon. But 'unusual' for Allofs to say at least, because there is no option to buy him after a year. So it's more or less a temporary solution, giving us time to find a permanent one in the coming year.

A Pizarro in top form will most definitely help us a lot, and his experience, especially on the European stage, will be very helpful also, knowing that we have one of the youngest squads in the league. A striker of his quality will improve the game of our other strikers also.

It seems like he really wants to prove himself again, otherwise he would have never agreed on a loan deal. So it seems like it's not about earning money foremost indeed, which is good news for us.

He had his best days here in Bremen, time to revive them. Welcome back, Claudio. :)

21. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And btw., Pizarro virtually costing us nothing means that we'll have more than enough money left for a decent midfielder. Especially a Baumann replacement, a real DM, would make a lot of sense, knowing that Baumann isn't getting any younger, and is rather injury prone these days.

It remains to be seen how Boenisch and Tosic will do next year, but to be on the safe side, a proven, solid alternative for the LM position would be useful also. But the defensive midfield (or a midfield alrounder) should have priority.

22. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    I don't think we'll sign another player this year. They probably won't sell Tosic either so we do have three options for lb where Boenisch is probably the number 1 option but given his age and his form-fluctuation it's good to have Pasanen there.

23. waterboyro

waterboyro New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Craiova
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Good to see a player who shined for Werder in the beginning of Werder supporting era (the end of 20th century :)) coming back to the team but i don't really now if this will be the best solution, at least for sure not the best for long term.
    I hope this will not mean: bye bye Harnik. Maybe he'll find a place in the midfield.

24. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Seems like you are right.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussb...laudio-pizarro/transfer-hammer-zu-werder.html

I still think that we really could do with a quality, international class defensive midfielder as a long term replacement for Baumann, but it seems Allofs and Schaaf don't see it that way. Hopefully, Niemeyer will have his breakthrough season. He has the talent to be that long term Baumann replacement, but he still has a lot of work to do.