All Roads Lead to Roma: Bradley in the Eternal City v. I

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Germerica, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Outstanding. Dutch, German, Italian. I'm disappointed he hasn't gone to Russia or Turkey. Bradley doing an interview in Turkish would be Outstanding

2. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally! Very happy for Mike. Hope he proves all the doubters wrong and becomes a rock in the midfield for AS Roma.

3. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why disappointed that he hasn't gone to Russia or Turkey? They aren't top leagues compared to the the ones he has played in like the Bundesliga, Serie A and Eredivisie.

4. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given that in the next sentence he says he would like to see him speaking in turkish, i'm guessing he is somewhat disappointed he hasn't played there because he would like hear him talk in those languages.

freisland repped this.
  5. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully more people will watch the Serie A more and understand it, other than just assuming the EPL is the best. I'm really dreading Roma - Juve matches now, I guess i'll just hope he doesnt play in those games...

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  7. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    will be hard now that serie A games will be on a channel most people won't get

8. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still have no idea whether my provider (cox) will pick up the channel.

9. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    P.S. Don't bother with the TV section trying to figure out whether your provider will pick up the new channel beIN Sport. There's nothing remotely useful over there unless you're interested in which commentators may be on the channel.

10. unclesparks

unclesparks Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If 50% interest in Adrian Stoian was worth 500k and Roma paid cash of €3.75 million, does that translate to €4.25 million being the "real" transfer fee?

11. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    What channel will cover Serie A?

12. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    firstrowsports
    :ninja:

13. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    beIn Sport a channel owned by Al Jazeera who are trying to expand football coverage in America. They bought the rights to La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1. Al Jazeera's football coverage is usually quality, problem is there's some doubt over what cable/satellite providers will carry the channel. If it's picked up and available in existing sports packages then it could be a good thing because leagues like Ligue 1 will become more accessible.

https://twitter.com/beINSPORT1USA

https://twitter.com/beINSport2USA

sakibomb523 and ebbro repped this.
  14. CDM76

CDM76 Member+

May 9, 2006
    Socal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard somewhere that FSC had lost Serie A. Not finding much in the way of updates of which TV providers are going to carry beIN Sports.

Anybody out there have any solid info considering the channels are supposedly going live Aug 1, 2012?

15. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm assuming that it will be with the following providers, since this was on their blog
    Not all providers are on here, but they may want people to call so that the providers pick up the station. We'll see, although it'd be nice if all these providers do pick it up.

16. CDM76

CDM76 Member+

May 9, 2006
    Socal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw this. Aljazeera Sport is just lobbying for fans to call and encourage their television provider to sign up for the channels.

There's some strong speculation that DirecTV will pick up Sport 1 & 2 but I can't find anything solid that says they're going to be available though any service provider come Aug 1, 2012, the advertized "go live" date.

Anyway, huge congratulations to Michael. Hope getting/finding Serie A on TV goes more smoothly than his transfer. ;)

17. ignatz brick

ignatz brick Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if all else fails, finding Serie A streams on the internets isn't too hard.

Soo excited. I put SBI and Grant Wahl on Twitter text alert a while ago so I would know when the signing was actually done, yet I was sitting here thinking to myself just yesterday that they probably wouldn't announce anything over the weekend.

I hope his number is announced before the US tour stars :inlove:

kilometers repped this.
  18. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have reading some of the comments on AS Roma's Facebook and some of the fans are roasting Bradley in his pictures saying that he used to play for Area 51 FC, shakes hands like a f*** and that he looks like megamind, casper and Mr. Clean. I must admit some of those comments like he used to play for Area 51 FC and that he looks like megamind, casper and Mr. Clean made me laugh.

19. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  20. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Area 51 FC :ROFLMAO::alien:

21. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I guess my suggestions "Bradley finally sucks: Mikey nuzzles at the teat of civilization with Romulus and Remus" didn't make the title cut... sigh.

Anyway, this will be fun. I play geezer ball with/against some mad Roma fans. I can't wait to hear their thoughts across the season. (Of course, I can summarize pretty much like this: Roma wins, Bradley plays: he is semi-divine. A brilliant beautiful genius. Roma loses: play or not, he is a despicable subhuman troll.)

dwsmith1972 repped this.
  23. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Yoga, anyone?

24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    That's not Yoga - that's mega-mind workout. He's killing Juventus with just his cranial powers.

Grimmjow316, jdiris, USOutlaw16 and 4 others repped this.
  25. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol! :D