All Red Kit for the U.S. vs. Latvia

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Ringo, Apr 11, 2006.

1. greenie22

greenie22 New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    SoCal
    I picked up two at the NikeTown in Beverly Hills on Sunday. Saved me the shipping cost and I have it in hand to travel to Germany with. They had a decent number (10 or so left, most of which seemed to be smaller sizes -- S, M), but at least 2 other people bought one while I was there.

They don't look exactly like the shirts the Nats were wearing on Sunday -- it looked to me as though the blue band on the collar of the game jerseys was wider than that on the collar of the shirt I bought. Trivial stuff, could be as simple as production lots.

All in all, probably my favorite US Nats jersey. And now, I have red ('06), white ('02), and blue ('04)!

2. cnaw

cnaw Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jul 28, 1999
    New Mexico
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nike confirmed UPS shipment for mine. I should have it tomarrow.

3. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone heard anything from USSoccer regarding these things. I ordered on the 22nd but have received no word when they will ship or even if they have any in stock to fill pre-orders.

4. KieferUGA

KieferUGA New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Per US Soccer Store Website:

PRODUCT AND SHIPMENT UPDATE (As of May 31, 2006): Because of tremendous demand in support of Team USA, we are out of stock in all sizes for this product. Unfortunately, we do not expect new inventory to arrive before the 2006 FIFA World Cup Competition. For those pre-orders placed prior to May 31, 2006 we will commence shipping on June 2, 2006. Orders will be shipped in the sequence they were received. We apologize for any inconvenience these delays may have caused you. Please check back here for future updates. Thank you for your patience.

5. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I would say that most local soccer shops would have them. They had a full rack of them when I peeked in the window of Soccer Plus in Ann Arbor, MI. (didnt see what sizes since I showed up after they closed).

/finally gave in and tried my luck buying a home jersey off of one of the ebay knockoff sellers... lets see how close these come to the real thing. I've had some amazing stuff come out of thailand that was near perfect, and I've had some duds... if only I had an income for the real thing)

6. sachinag

sachinag New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO
    I bought the real one at the Rent - it's red, the stripe is blue, and the shield and snake are printed (Nike logo is embroidered). I have the 02 white and the 06 white jersey, and this one is by far my favorite.

7. posty-mcpost

posty-mcpost New Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Columbus
    Mine just arrived from niketown.com. Shipped via ground and arrived in one day from Memphis, TN. XL runs a bit small but looks excellent.

8. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a Thai knockoff of the white one, personalized with Gibbs #12. Everything was perfect except for the collar. It didn't lay flat with the rest of the shirt and the red/blue stripes on the back were reversed of how they should be. The screening and everything else were excellent.

9. cnaw

cnaw Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jul 28, 1999
    New Mexico
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine arived today. 2day air. UPS took their time getting it to me. The delivery was Almost 24 hours after it arived in Albuquerque. I think it looks sharp. I wish i had got two of them. Good job Nike!

10. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    how was the material of the shirt. was it similar to the real "nikesphere" mesh on the jerseys?

11. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's good to hear. Also good to know that Nike is so full of sh!t that they don't even know what's going on-- Here's a response I got from them YESTERDAY:

"Dear Joseph,

Thank you for contacting Nike.

I do not have a ship date for the jersey or I would certainly give it to you, it's no secret. They usually go to retailers first so they should be going out shortly.

Once again, thank you for contacting Nike. Let us know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

Russ
    Nike "

So, as of yesterday, Nike customer service is of the opinion that the red jerseys haven't shipped anywhere yet.

Oi vei!

12. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not mesh, although I don't think the authentics are either. Just your standard sort of dri-fit material.

BTW, I'm an alum of your Club. Kappa Chapter.

13. Joosetiger

Joosetiger New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ordered two jerseys on the first day from Niketown.com, hours before the game started, and just found out that the order was cancelled because there was not enough stock. It sucks, so I contacted Nike and got a reply from "Russ" at customer service. It seems that everyone working there is Russ apparrently. Anyway, really wanted one, and now have to settle for the new white jersey. Still stoked to sport this at all 3 games in Deutchland.

14. Joosetiger

Joosetiger New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want one, call your local soccer shop.

Honestly, this is the best way to get one quick. Just scored a jersey from my former local shop in Wisconsin. Small suburban town. They are gonna send it down to Florida next day air. I just posted saying that ordering through NIKE was not the best option because they sold out. But , after I read another post that said they had several jerseys at his local shop in Ann Arbor, MI, I thought if they have them there, then they must have them at others. Plus, the people that really want this jersey are the select few who are in the know about the MNT, thus these jersey are just hanging on the racks in these stores, because nobody knows they are there. The guy told me that they got a shipment of 10, 5 were left, a week later. The fact that they made 2006 of these is a bunch of crap as far as I am concerned. Given that, there is no way that after Nike took its cut, and US soccer got some, and eurosport got some, that there would be enough of these to send out to a shops in Wisconsin and Ann Arbor, MI. My advice, call around and have a local shop ship you one of these jerseys.

15. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    Re: If you want one, call your local soccer shop.

Hook a brother up!
    Can you PM me the town and shop?

16. bmack9

bmack9 New Member

Mar 30, 2006
  17. moonbbad

moonbbad Member

May 21, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Called US Soccer today. This is probably not new news but I will share anyways. They just shipped out the jerseys to people who did not do any customizations on Friday. She told me because I chose to get it customized it is going to take longer for me (because they manually have to do it all). Fine...

Anyways, she does not think I will have a problem getting it by Friday, and she said they send out emails when they ship.

18. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    These guys are have one in Small size left. Other than that they are sold out.

I called Niketown - Chicago 10 min ago.
    Theya re sold out. They said there are plenty in all sizes at the NYC and LA stores.
    In fact, if you are like me and need an XXL the LA store is the one to call. Seems nobody in LA wears XXL. Not surprising!
    One drawback with NikeTown is that they are not offering printing.
    I bet you could buy one and then send it to onion bag or eurosport for the printing.

19. EXboxur

EXboxur New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Just cancelled my order!:mad:

The U.S. Soccer Store have their heads up their gas holes. I pre-ordered a customized Beasley jersey on the 25th of May, noticing that the shipping date was May 31st. On the 28th, the U.S. Soccer Store then goes on to post an update stating that the jerseys are sold out and orders that had expedited shipping would be taked care of first.

THEN, somebody from the U.S. Soccer Store calls me on the 30th and hangs up. I called them back to ask why they called. Somebody from the U.S. Soccer Store tells me, "I accidentally called you. I thought I needed to call you to tell you that your order wouldn't be here on time, but everything is fine....Your order will be there by Thursday or Friday at the LATEST" I made sure to explain that I just need it before the 6th of June, because that's when I was leaving for the World Cup and I was assured that I had nothing to worry about. The woman on the phone even told me they "we're getting shipments in as we speak.":rolleyes:

Of course there's ANOTHER update at the U.S. Soccer Store site posted stating that orders won't ship until June 2nd. So much for the reassuring call. But hey, even if they ship on the 2nd I should still get my jersey before I leave, because of the expedited shipping, right?

Now today I get a call from Marie at the U.S. Soccer Store, telling me that my order won't ship until today.:eek: I go on to explain that I pre-ordered and expedited my shipping so that this very thing would not happen. I even explained about a call I recieved assuring me that my order would be here on time. I made sure to be as kind as possible considering the circumstances. The same kindness and courtesy was not returned by Marie however. Marie spoke in a demeaning tone, only interested in explaining that the delay was not the fault of the U.S. Soccer Store, but Nike's and that "the ONLY thing" she could do was cancel my order.

Instead of trying to find a resolution to the problem, Marie was adamant about me cancelling my order. As if I were deaf, she continued to explain in a louder tone, "Sir, we can CANCEL your order!" Cancelling my order was not going to fix my problem of not having a DTOM jersey in Germany. I tell Marie that perhaps cancelling my order was not the only resolution to the problem. Expediting shipping of my jersey to my contact in Germany for free or discounted pricing would resolve the problem. What did Marie have to say to this? "Ohhhhhh nooo, uh-uh, we ain't gonna do that..."

Whatever happened to a business taking responsibility for their fudge ups? And not only taking responsibility, but doing something to compensate for the stress/annoyance of the problem. Working with the customer to resolve the problem, so that if not both, at least the customer can walk away happy feeling that a particular business cares about their customers. "The buck stops here!" <-----Yeah right. I will be sure to avoid purchasing from the U.S. Soccer Store at all costs.

Thanks a lot for wasting my time and putting a sour taste in my mouth before I go on to cheer the U.S. in Germany U.S. Soccer. Unbelievable.

Peace

20. lpowen13

lpowen13 Member

Jul 28, 2002
    NY
    at least they kept in touch with you. Ive called them 3 times and left a message yet and got no answer. They also havent answered my emails. I ordered a blank jersey on the 22nd and havent heard anything since. USSOCCERSTORE sucks.

21. DMunited

DMunited New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Austin TX
    What amazed me about US. Soccer is that they are never prepared no matter how much advanced warning they have. Everything overwhelmes them and when they can't handle it they stick their fingers in there ears hope that avoidance solves the problem. It's like the whole operation is being run by 14 year olds.

22. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland

who runs their shop?
    $hitbag?
    Eurosport?
    I can't believe they run their own operation.

As for "Marie", I would have hung up, called back and asked for her boss.
    I bet he would have done more to accomodate you than a frontliner like her.
    Then again, maybe they are purposely trying to piss off customers to lshed some orders and lighten the load.

One thing for sure...Nike completely underestimated the demand for US shirts.
    Every one of the online dealers sold out of both the home and away kits quickly and were caught waiting for reinforcements.
    I'll take this as a good sign that interest in our team is increasing.

BTW - I saw that some douchebag has a couple of these shirts on Ebay for $200! Unbeleivable.

23. moonbbad

moonbbad Member

May 21, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will second on the rudeness by USSoccer Store. The lady when I called was very rude as well.

24. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I managed to locate two XXL DTOM shirts between Niketown stores and mom and pop shops. Much thanks to the folks here who PM'd me to help in the search.

25. moonbbad

moonbbad Member

May 21, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to update people who have ordered the custom US Jerseys with names put on them. I got an email from USSoccer shop saying my Jersey shipped. I did the expedited 3 day and I ordered my jersey the day they were released... So that should give folks some kind of timetable when you should expect your emails, those who ordered from the USSoccer shop that is... Hope this helps!