All purpose 2013 preseason thread, News, Notes and Rumors go here

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Going Mobile, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Alright this should be a different thread. The traditions of Guadalajara can not and should not affect chivas usa. Lets get back to pre season, rumors etc. we're signing salvadoreans, ecuadoreans, Peruvians, we have black white brown etc. all chivas guad players that want to play for the US should come to chivas usa

2. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Throughout our history chivas has had Mexican players who were born outside Mexico, few but we've had them. Mexican law States you are a natural born Mexican as long as you have one Mexican parent. There is no difference in the eyes of the law and in Chivas. With this tradition we are the most successful Club in Mexican soccer, so there's no need for us to change or tradition. U can tell you chivas will never, and I mean never allow naturalized players. It's nowhere the same thing as a Mexican born outside Mexico as an Argentian who becomes Mexican. Chivas is what it is because of its traditions. The day it gets away from them, it will stop being chivas.

3. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    We're about to enter the "this is Chivas usa take it or leave it" this is where we're gonna see who the true fans are. Laws will not permit a complete Mexican team in the US but I for one welcome the limon con tajin flavor they're adding. Chivas usa is us not the owners. Stay on board this team is starving for greatness and is we it coming

4. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this season willsee more wins that 2012. In truth, that's not saying much.
    Estados Unidos. Mi Pais. Mi selecion. Mi amor.

5. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ill be watching this season for sure. I hope they do our name proud.

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  6. COMANDANTE #00

Feb 8, 2008
    UNION ULTRAS
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jedik,

If the kids want to ACCEPT THE CALL UP TO THE U.S. then they should go, but they will do so at their peril.
    Even if those "options" that you mention are not to our liking, Chivas GDL has the final say so and not you or I.
    It may be pretty discouraging but it will not change a darn thing, DUH.

The Commander.

7. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    algunas curiosidades !!!!!
    y para los PAISANOS/GabaChos que andan por aqui ( si tienes sangre mexicana en tus venas) eso te ase PAISANO te guste o no...aunque te creas gabacho, Turko o brazileño
    la contitusion MEXICANA- dise que si tienes un padre o madre mexicano y el hijo nase en qualkier parte de el mundo es considerado ser Mexicano por que tiene sangre MEXICANA en sus venas ..... asi que lla dejense de mamadas que si ablas español o lo entiendes lo mas seguro es que tienes sangre mexicana corriendo por tus venas
    viva Mexicop cabroN ssssssssssssssss!
    [​IMG]

9. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is my future project I have the #copyrights
    [​IMG]

EastLAChiva repped this.
  10. JediK

JediK Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you miss this earlier in the thread?

Tab Ramos DT#USMNT"Julio Morales y Jaime Frias de#Chivas. Me dijeron personalmente querian jugar con Estados Unidos. Pero no los dejaron"

This would translate to, "I talked to them personally and they said they wanted to play for the US, but they are not letting us." Tab Ramos is the coach, and this happened during call ups btw. They were part of the final roster, so when they got the news camp was 2 players short. This equates to them initially accepting the call up, and when it came time to show up they called back and said "uhhh nevermind we can't go".

11. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The secondary jersey looks sweet. Somewhat of a preview from the back
    [​IMG]

12. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    that jerseys already the bom dot com and I havent even seen it in its entirety

13. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again for a second-round pick :confused:

14. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    and like most everyone else we've traded, we're paying part of that salary.

sikolec repped this.
  15. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I don't know if this is true or not: https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/...eresting-quotes.1979422/page-12#post-27264366

It's a very, very, very lopsided deal if Chivas is still paying even part of Joseph's salary.

It maybe makes a little sense if Seattle is paying the salary -- at least given Chivas USA's apparent focus on clearing cap space.

Even if Seattle is paying Joseph's salary, it's still too much given away for -- frankly -- nothing but cap space.

---

Edit.

Never mind. Ives says you are paying at least a portion of Joseph's salary. This has got to be one of the most lopsided trades in MLS history. If not the most lopsided.

Going Mobile repped this.
  16. porque?

porque? Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Does anyone know how many 2nd rd draft picks we now have for next year?

17. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.cdchivasusa.com/news/2013/02/chivas-usa-trades-midfielder-shalrie-joseph
    Anyone know what position Chivas USA was in the allocation order? We should still have two more second-round draft picks from Townsend/Zemanski trades.

18. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  19. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HORRIBLE deal for Chivas. I guess once you're in the dog house anything is better than getting nothing. Chivas now sits in the 15th allocation spot . Hove we ever used our allocation spots ?

20. BigTy

BigTy Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Guys, the real blame should be placed on our last coach and front office people for making some poor business decisions. Chivas USA is just trying to get rid of dead weight. It's not healthy having guys around the facility that aren't in you plans. It looks like the new regime just wants to turn the page and move forward. I'm not going to sit around and pick apart what we get. The key thing is promoting a healthy and competitive environment for this current roster.

sodi_gar, CTS26, Rulas and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/02/19/american-exports-u-20-lb-ocegueda-has-eye-chivas
    More on DF Juan Ocegueda & possible move to Chivas USA

23. BigTy

BigTy Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
  24. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ha anyone seen any of the preseason matches? How are the Guad guys that came over doing? Particularly casillas.

25. sikolec

sikolec Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has to be one of the most bizarre off-seasons of any sports team in history...

Trading almost the entire team for practically nothing to "start over"...

I have no words left...