All Portuguese (especially Luso-Canadians) should see this!

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by FCPorto_Dragao, Apr 13, 2006.

1. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We all know about the new immigration laws being implemented here in Canada as a result of the new Conservative government...but I have gained a new respect for a man I used to just flip the channel over: Mr. Rick Mercer...a political satirist bar none in Canada, who puts John Stewart to shame...you must watch this clip that I saw on yesterday's "the Rick Mercer Report" as it makes light of the Portuguese situation and places all blame on the Conservative government.

go to:
    http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/backissues.php and go to April 11, 2006 section (3rd from the bottom) where you'll find a video entitled "Deportation"...click on it, and laugh at our poor conservative government

2. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    "Portugal is only 5200 km..............FROM IRAN!"

brilliant, i especially like his take on local workers :p

3. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto
    "making Canada less skilled, one portuguese at a time".. funny stuff!

However, it's still a sad story. Canada keeps immigrants here with ties to terrorist organizations and criminals, but they deport people who don't bother anyone and who do jobs that most 'Canadians' wouldn't do.

But this forum is about soccer!

4. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    thus the section under NSR: Not Soccer Related

5. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Good Old Rick Mercer. I hope he does more portuguese segments :D

6. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is too funny. Repped!

7. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    This is too funny!!!!

8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I actually saw that on tv the other day and cried laughing. Told my pops about it and he wants to see it so props Dragao, I must spread rep.

9. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    What did i say that warranted Gooddead to edit my post???

I would like to know so i won't do it again.

For future reference when editing post please make a comment in regards to what was edited!! Thank you!

10. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The gay joke. I know you and your two friends like to crack them back and fourth but some of our posters don't like it so I am gonna start cutting them out when they become reported as bad posts.

11. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Now i remember.....i said:

By the way JLR and PIO he happens to be gay!!!

Now, why is a comment like that edited? He has come out in public, i can post th articles and talked about his homosexuality.

Now my post gets edited, but when JLR or PIO make comments like, "that's gay", "you gay", they don't get edited.

I want to know what makes a gay comment ok and not other!!!????:mad:

12. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    It wasn't a joke.

I said Rick Mercer is gay. Which he is, now how is that offensive and PIO saying that BDS comments were gay are not???

Can you explain that?

Plus if u have ever read any of my post on this subject i am very PRO GAY and very anti Homophobe, so your comment on what me and my friends do is very rude and should be edited!!! How do u know what me and my friends do???

13. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Rick Mercer is gay?

Well the post was reported by a poster that was not you JLR or PIO. But from reading it, it sounded like you were inviting JLR an PIO into taking 'interest' in another male.

Should anyone call another poster gay or try to defaminate them from now on they will be edited so feel free to report any bad post.

14. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    "During his press tour to promote the series, Mercer came out as gay in the Globe and Mail newspaper. His long-time partner in life and business is Gerald Lunz. Beyond those details, Mercer continues to insist on his right to keep his personal life as private as possible."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Mercer

How is me stating what he is when he has openly done it, wrong?

Plus i have never bashed anybody here based on there sexuality.

15. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Your comment about me and my friends offends me. Should i report it?

16. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You make another post while I'm typing up the response to the first one, I can't keep up.

By your 'friends' I meant PIO and JLR. It dosen't excuse the fact that those comments shouldn't of been made but no one reported them so I let it slide much like a lot of things get passed, but from now on they will be better monitored

17. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    That is a funny clip!!!

18. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    alright TO...you got your message across...let's not sabotage another thread...this was just a thread dedicated to the deportations of Portuguese immigrants

19. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Sabotage!!!??? I got censured and u should stop listening to the Beastie Boys!!

20. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    alright, I'm just saying...the same thing happened in the dormir a sesta thread...let's just not let this get out of hand again...take your aggression out on that fool Solberg responsible for this deportation of hard working people

21. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Illegal hardworking people!!! The key word is Illegal!!

22. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    I think the key word(s) is HARD WORKING (i.e not a welfare bum, sucking up our tax money and giving nothing back to society)

23. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Like so many other HARD WORKING people from Angola, Guine and Brazil that get deported out of Portugal daily!!!

HARD WORKING, doesn't hide the ILLEGAL!!!

CAPONNE was a hardworking guy!!!:D

24. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm sorry, I have to side with hardworking...of course, illegal is something they can't hide...but I think I speak for nearly everyone here when I say that at one point or another, our father or relative was illegal in this country...I know for a fact my father was at one point until Trudeau implemented the amnesty immigration law, and I'd like to think my father has contributed to Canada in a positive manner rather than a negative one...and he isn't the only one. So that says something...if we were a smart nation, we would allow these skilled workers to stay in a section of the labour force (construction) that is booming and will lag as a result of losing so many workers to deportation. I hope you are playing devil's advocate (TO DEVILS..devil's advocate...must be a correlation here)...because if that is sincerely how you feel (which you are entitled to), I don't think you would have certain Portuguese communities or establishments like we do today and you would just be an isolated Portuguese person a la a Portuguese person in Flin Flon, SASKATCHEWAN...yes, they were illegal, but, there are plenty of other illegals here that do f all...not to mention the legal ones that do f all

25. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The main word here is refugee, what are these people fleeing from?

Refugee One who flees in search of refuge, as in times of war, political oppression, or religious persecution!