All other Bosnians Abroad and Potential Players

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Blue Soldier, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I remember Ahmedhodžić being highly rated, made his debut at Nottingham at like 18--wonder why that didn't work out for him.

That Dedic kid is a huge prospect for sure, I think he was starting regularly for Liefering as soon as he turned 16.

Shame to hear about Gazibegović, didn't know he had injury issues. He was also doing well at Liefering.

I'll have to look up Omeragic, not familiar with him.

2. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Another Bosnian-Swedish kid, central midfielder playing for Helsingborgs IF, linked with Arsenal a lot

Young Zmaj repped this.
  3. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  4. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I think in Ahmedhodžić’s interview on the Opsajd Podcast he mentioned his lack of strength probably hurt him in the physical league like in England.

Yeah, Dedić may be one of our one or two biggest prospects that already are under our youth system (meaning, not counting the diaspora who haven’t switched). There’s a decent chance he is part of RB Salburg’s first team this season. He is also a part of the BiH diaspora, although he is one of the rare players to switch to us from a young age and play for us since U17. He actually seems like a big patriot:

I think he and Ajdin Hasić (18, Besiktas, RW/CAM) have the best chance to become world class players out of all our young players.

Dedić also plays LB so his versatility can be huge in the future if Kola continues to always be injured.

I could actually see us in a similar situation to Austria/Alaba in the future where we have a solid squad but our only world class player is a fullback. In which case, we could try and play him at RW if we have no other good player there. But with full backs becoming more and more important over the recent years, he can probably still have a good impact from RB/LB.

Sudžuka repped this.
  5. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Gigović is another big talent. Crazy how many Swedish-Bosnian prospects are all coming up around the same time (they owe us a few players after Ibra though :laugh:).

It’s not unrealistic to think we have actually a great young squad in the WC 2022 cycle. Best case hypothetical:

Begović(?)
    Dedić - Hadžikadunić - Ahmedhodžić -Kola
    Pjanić —— Gigović
    Hasić — Gojak — Ćatić
    Demirović

Key bench: Džeko, Omeragić, Gazibegović, Krunić, Omić

————————

So obviously a lot has to happen to get to that team. But if the Savez pursues these youngsters I believe we can get more prospects than not. This could be a great team and finally a new generation to follow the 2014 WC generation.

Many of these young players already play at solid to good clubs on a regular basis in solid leagues. Many of them will probably become top 5 league players, and a few probably in the elite teams.

The biggest weaknesses will be GK and LW. We have prospects at each position but nothing really concrete or anyone that seems to be on track to play in a top 5 league.

Sudžuka repped this.
  6. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Something I like about Hasic is that he's very quick, not quick in sense running from point a to b, but his movement and decision making in tight spaces with the ball. Not something you see in a lot of Bosnians, who prefer to receive the ball and then try to think what to do with it. Hasic seems to think a couple moves ahead.

Young Zmaj repped this.
  7. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm always cautious with the Swedish ones, we've been burned a couple of times. It's actually a decent team that qualifies for big competitions regularly and they usually have a chance of making the first team, whereas starting for Germany would be extremely difficult so they switch over.

8. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    anyone else intrigued by Hamza Catakovic? He seems to play well in the Slovak league and I'm hoping he gets a shot in a better league once his contract is up. We are in desperate need of wingers and I think he'd fit the bill.

9. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I thought he was more a target man type player? I haven't been following him, there was a lot of hype when he joined Trencin, of cour,se called the "next edin dzeko"

10. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    O you're right, for some reason I thought he was a winger, must have been some highlights of him showing even a little bit of wiggle haha. I still would like to see him called up.

One of my biggest gripes about the national team is not using it to showcase some of our younger players. I know that is a totally different subject but still.

11. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Certainly, with friendlies, I have no qualms about including younger and lesser know players to see what they can provide. For qualifiers, I just want the very best.

I don't want to get in the habit of players and agents using the national team matches to try and secure transfers to better clubs. That would lead to just bribery scandals.

12. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    @Zvornik, you familiar with Zvornik native Nemanja Nikolic, 19 yo right-back currently attached to Olympiacos in the greek super league?

13. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013

Zvornik and Young Zmaj repped this.
  14. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ahmedhodžić has told Swedish media he has chosen Bosna!

Now we have gotten Hadžikadunić and Ahmedhodžić, the last target is Omeragić.

Zvornik repped this.
  15. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Emir Feratovic, centre-back, from Slovenia, so low chance of switching over

16. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I wonder why we barely ever got any Slovenians of Bosnian descent to switch to us. Kinda sucks how so many Bosnian Croats/Serbs always switch to Croatia and Serbia, meanwhile we struggle to get Bosnians across ex-Yugo countries.

17. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    No not really, he went pretty young over to Sarajevo and then obviously rose up the ranks. I am surprised Serbia have not made a run at him and judging by what Zvornik is like I would expect him to switch if that occurs.

18. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    demirovic scored two goals in his first friendly with Freiburg

19. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    hasic selected as player of the match in a 3-0 friendly win

20. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Highlights from the match ^^^^^^^

Young Zmaj repped this.
  21. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    It might be just me, but the way he runs with the ball and some of the dribbles reminds me of Messi. He even has the tiny stature like him too, not saying he will be as good as Messi but just reminds me of him the way he plays. Hasic is definitely something different in terms of talents for us, I don't know if we have ever had anyone like him before, maybe the closest one was Catic from PSV...

22. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    plenty of besiktas fans have anointed him their messi :D

Would be nice to have a couple of small quick players with fancy footwork on the team

23. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    To me he feels like a Dybala-lite. Good dribbler, he’s quick, can hit bangers from outside the box. His positions are RW/CAM and is probably best when behind a striker.

24. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    In Roma’s squad today in their friendly vs Cagliari. Maybe Džeko can work him while he is still at Roma?

25. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    Speaking of centre-backs called Emir, does anyone know what has happened to Dilaver's nationality-switching application?