All Inclusive Sporting Stadium Discussion

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by RobbHeineman, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: "Close on Both": Wizards Stadium Discussion

Basically, that's about it. Looks like they'll just be releasing that funding sooner.

2. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Your move, Missouri.

3. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Having the money up front is better. The value of the money is less if you take into account the cost of capital of that money in the future. If they have the money now, they could put it in a fiduciary and earn interest on that.

4. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Exactly what I was thinking. I know we all want a stadium but if the deal keeps getting better and better for the people paying the bills I can understand waiting a bit .........

5. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Who would have ever thought that it would be KC that would manage two municipalities and other groups to be fighting over who gets to build a soccer stadium. You guys are in a GREAT position.

6. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Let's just hope one comes through quickly, I have a sense that the fans' patience is wearing thin.

7. ILiveonHillcrestRoad

Jun 29, 2008
    Shawnee, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

I can be patient. This process obviously isn't easy (as DC and RBNY have discovered). I appreciate as always OnGoal's commitment to getting a stadium and keeping the team in town.

That said, of course I hope the ceremonial shovel breaks through the snow by December 31!

8. sconnie101

sconnie101 New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Madison / Omaha
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree completely. Now, as for the die hards and the fans in the immediate area, maybe not. But with that said, the casual fan, and even the big soccer fans like myself (I live in Omaha roughly 3 hours away)...the only thing stopping me from making the trip is the lack of a real stadium. If and when they get one built, ill be makin the trip down on more than one occasion.

9. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When you are talking about hundreds of millions of dollars, you have no choice to be patient. No one should rush things when you are working with that much money. Not to mention, you are talking about a lot of jobs for either KCMO or KCK. While I want to see a groundbreakings, I also want this to work out in the best possible way for everyone involved. If that means waiting a little longer then so be it.

10. sconnie101

sconnie101 New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Madison / Omaha
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I actually dont know how I feel about this. The first isntinct is to let the deals keep getting better and better as the competition to bring the stadium in gets stronger. Yet, now that I think about it, from a money standpoint it might almost be better to just take the already good deal you have now and run with it, especially if that means getting the stadium done maybe a season sooner. From what I understand, your attendance is stuck at capacity, meaning you sell out almost every game. Get the stadium done onee year sooner, you add 8000 to 10000 seats, at an average of lets just say $20 a seat, times say 18 home games...$2,880,000 to $3,600,000 increase right there. Not to mention any revenue caused by merch/concession/parking/sponsor/advertising increases with all those extra people. Plus revenue for holding concerts ect. Not to mention saving some of those burnt out fans from leaving because they are sick of waiting, as was said before. Also, because of the economy, building prices are at near all time lows, or they were at the hight of the recession. To me it just seems like you would have to expect the deal to get A LOT sweeter if you are really gonna drag this out much longer. I say just take what you got and go with it

11. sconnie101

sconnie101 New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Madison / Omaha
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

and i forgot the addition of boxes. im not sure where the stadium plans are and if they include them or not. i remember seeing something about san jose creating a no frills fan friendly stadium...but corporate boxes ass BIG money to the revenue stream. ive never been to CAB, but im assuming there arent any boxes there, or at least not the kind the guys with loads of money are wanting.

12. sconnie101

sconnie101 New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Madison / Omaha
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

good point with all the jobs and the fact that they are in two different states could weight heavily...i just feel like this has been going on long enough. im starting to wonder how much the deals can really get better. it looks like KCK went all in with the last hand. I feel like KCMO is gonna fold, or bluff with no real hand. personally, im calling time on KCMO. their cards arent gonna change in the next few weeks or months. Time to throw down the cards and let the best hand take the pot.

13. KC Wizzle

KC Wizzle Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This sounds encouraging...

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's VERY interesting.

More so this bolded part:

People that do this sort of thing for a living will have to clarify, is this a big step? It seems to me you don't start taking bids until you have something finalized. Am I correct in that thinking or is it me?

15. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Well the firms will bid, that doesn't mean the project is going to be awarded to any one of those bids if I'm correct.

However in order to publish a RFP, especially for concrete for Foundations, you should have at least most of the stadium designs finalized.

As I see it now, the deal is heavily inclined to the KCK stadium

16. wadejackson1

wadejackson1 Member

Mar 11, 2001

Did anyone actually follow the bid documents link to view the blueprints?

17. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I tried to but you have to create an account to do so ... at which point, as this is just for foundations I decided I wasn't that interested :D

18. flamepruf

flamepruf New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Jackson, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bids are due the 18th. I take that as a good sign that they want to review and select a company for that phase of the job fairly quickly.

19. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is correct. The Owner usually reserves the right to award or not to award a contract based on the bids received.

Not at all. In a fast track project, as this will probably be, the foundations are dependent on the loads imposed by the structure and the bearing capacity of the soil on which they rest. Final design is not necessary.

If bids come in on or under budget on the 18th. We very well could be having a 2009 ground breaking.

20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That picture came out when the deal out at the Legends was first announced, it's not new.

21. sconnie101

sconnie101 New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Madison / Omaha
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

alright well thanks then. im not from the area. just take a big interest in stadiums expecially. havent seen anything since the trails renderings, which i loved by the way. but anyways, thanks for the info.

i have to assume that the renderings should come out soon though, with bidding up and running right?

22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There will probably be more renderings eventually, but here are a few ones from around the same time the deal was announced originally.

http://www.backpost.net/2009/09/new-stadium-layout-photos.html

23. sconnie101

sconnie101 New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Madison / Omaha
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

very interesting. are those before or after the one i posted?

24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Around the same time, a little later, but they are very VERY rough renderings. The team at the time was just wanting renderings to put out for fans to see.