All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His shooting is the worst that I have seen from a forward in any decent side.
    Shooting, passing, decision making.
    Sterling and Salah give me hope tho. They both used to be pace merchants who miss chances.

Prit Javier repped this.
  2. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I don`t think he is chasing golazos. He genuinely has substantial issues with his shooting and passing technique which of course drastically impacts accuracy.

Prit Javier, Digital and Bear Crotch repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then you haven't seen many decent sides.

4. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Name me 5 forwards that are worse at shooting than him.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Up until last season Benzema was being called Benzemalo and had entire "fail compilation" videos on youtube. Apart from that, without looking up efficiency, Morata, Lukaku are levels above him in wasting top tier chances and they are both pure strikers and at their absolute peak as players.

Comparing him strictly to other wing players, his stats are not good not terrible. Good impact player so far with a lot of potential. Chelsea spent more on Pulisic than we did on Vinicius, and Pulisic is pretty much a young Lucas Vazquez.

Vini isn't going to put up big numbers with 600 season minutes in the League.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His lack of end product at the moment is really hurting him, but he is still young, not a lot of point getting past your man over and over again to then shoot into the crowd or pass the ball back to the opposition time and time again, has to improve, I’m betting he will

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  7. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's just say many of us were shocked when Pipita in 09 became a 20 goal per season player. Look up our home Sevilla game in Schusters first season, his shooting was so laughable, youd think he was a football field kicker.

Deep Pal, Anon., Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    He's still called "Benzemalo" on Spanish Forum whenever Real Madrid are losing, even if it he wasn't the reason. Anyone can make a "fail compilation" video on every forward to make them look bad on YouTube. Benzema was still scoring around 20 goals or more every season (except 09/10 & 17/18).

9. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    His shooting is awful. Why deny that? It's reality.
    His decision making is poor and frustrating because he will do an amazing run or a nice dribble and then immediately waste the chance.
    He is 19 and deserves all our patience. But this is his job and the fans are entitled to asking more from him.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was also playing like 60 games a season which makes it seem like not that great of a return.

He's way high on the clubs total goals list, which is what you expect after 10 years, but his goals per game is not nearly as competitive a stat.

11. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    At 19 ??

12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You have ridiculed this kid, said he would never amount to anything and even at one point wanted him gone.

How is that patience? How is that simply just "asking for more"?

13. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Have I? Maybe I was too hotheaded at the time. It happens, especially during games. I have feelings, ya know? :D

You have no idea how I look here at my room during our matches when Vini gets the ball. I keep thinking... "Go ahead kid, do something amazing and shut me up. Come on!" Aaaand then he pulls a classic Vini Jr. and you hear the SB silent murmurs (not sure if it's the right word, sorry).

I think we have been missing a dribbler for quite some time now on our team and I love speedy wingers. I want Vini to succeed. Hazard is cool and all but he won't have many years here.

But yeah, it's not like some magical thing will happen and he will be something he was not even during his Flamengo days. Unless he works really hard and keeps his head down which I hope it's what he's doing as I'm typing this.

I see no use in being drastic and telling he's either a new Neymar or a new Robinho. All I can say is that he's frustrating to watch and at the same time, I'm on the edge of my seat whenever he has the ball.

Have a good weekend YS.

dooda and Deep Pal repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I do the same thing lol.

Irony is how I hate how NFL fans treat and think of players but I'm probably even worse when it comes to our guys in Madrid.

Anyways to your other point, I just feel the light will come on and he will begin ro finish like crazy and with ease. He can't be this bad at finishing forever..... he has been horrible lol.

Digital, Deep Pal and hector_br repped this.
  15. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Good to see guys agreeing...has become very rare these days:)

I have high hopes from Vinicius, he will come good, he is just 19 !!!

16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    The kid had a great game the other day, even if you don’t take his goal into account he was MOTM contender. He looks to be regaining his confidence slowly but surely.

Ahmadi8, Anon., madridista_hr and 4 others repped this.
  17. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Such a shame for him that Hazard is coming back just as he is starting to show last seasons form. Hopefully Zidane has something in store for them because I'd hate to see Vinicius on the bench when he is playing like this. This team is crying out for a player like him and Hazard. They glide past players so effortlessly.

Anders2555 repped this.
  18. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

19. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Vinicius had a very good game today. I liked how confident he looked and the never say die attitude was there.

Prit Javier and Anders2555 repped this.
  20. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Vini played like a true leader in final minutes.

And Zidane could test Hazard in midfield (I doubt), him has enough talent to play as a 10, and Vinícius (Left), Benzema (CF) and Rodrygo (RW) would complete the front line, i would love to see it, Vinícius realy didn't deserve lost his starter condition now, but Hazard obviously has priority

Prit Javier repped this.
  21. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    We always play with 3 midfielders but I can see Zidane incorporate both Hazard and Vinicius by using the 4-3-1-2 formation, we used very well this season.
    It would look like this

Fede Casimero Kroos
    .............Hazard
    ......Benz.............Vini

RMrules, Whiteboard and Anders2555 repped this.
  22. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
  23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His best game by far. He can be so frustrating but no doubt that he's our best attacking talent. Rodrygo is better at decision making and shooting but he's so passive.

Assign this kid only shooting,passing,crossing and decision making drills. He can become one of the best in the world.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  24. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    His passing has improved a lot imo. His dribbling was always world class and the only thing he is still missing is a good shot. But his shot wasn’t this bad when he was playing for Flamengo so I believe he will improve that aspect of his game.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Maybe try Rodrygo and Vinicius up front together, its worth a try since they are the long term players