All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MerlinRM and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  2. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Big big game for Vini tonight. I'm one of his biggest fans but I'm not opposed to him sitting for Endrick for the NT if he doesn't deliver.

Costa Rica should be an easy opponent for him to get his scoring going tonight. No excuses.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Why would it be either-or here?

It was Vini who assisted Endrick. If anyone should sit it's Raphina

saadomar and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  4. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ehh hate to defend him but for Brazil Raphina is pretty decent. Better than Vini. Same with Rodrygo.

The assist was nice esp since both came off the bench but the US-Brazil game was just sad from Vinicius.

5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vini should have a good copa. I think the time has come though I do feel our style of play fits him better

6. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Vini needs to go balls deep into the copa as he needs to seal it and secure the Ballon d'Or.

Unlike Messi for a long time, one can't really secure Ballon D'Ors without winning something big with their nation in a summer of international tournaments.

Anon. repped this.
  7. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Until 2021 Argentina hadn't won a CA since 93.

Vini is unlucky he's part of a very weak generation of Brazilian players. Last game they had Paqueta playing AM. That guy doesn't know the meaning of creativity.

Saeta Rubia and J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. laundromat

laundromat Member

Jul 20, 2014
    It looked like he was playing with cinder blocks for boots. Hopefully he got his bad game out of the way.

MerlinRM repped this.
  9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    June 2024 and people still talk about sitting Vinicius with a straight face. :D Unreal. Arguably the best player in the sport currently

yoanaidarov and J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope Vini and Endrick gets Al their goals out of their system vs Costa Rica and Paraguay

then blank for Colombia lol

11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The miss at the end was pretty terrible :(

12. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brazil has won Copa Americas with Vagner Love and Robinho leading the line. We win even during low spells of player talent.

Love Vini but he absolutely needs to step up. Blaming Paqueta for his crazy misses (see the US game) doesn't make sense lol.

13. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Isn't Paqueta suspected of gambling in games?

Not smart calling him up.

Serengeti_Boy and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doubt anyone cares about misses in a friendly. Remember Vini's misses against Barca in the friendly last season? Come real games he buries them.

But thats not the point I want to make. It's the overall picture of how Brazil play not who misses what. Look at today's game. Paqueta with 0 chances created but with 6 shots, none on target. Paqueta is just one of the problems. Vini is a problem too but he's the only proven consistent game changer in that team. Why they don't cater to him I will never understand. Every player will do his thing but there won't be any teamwork. When Neymar was playing all player were getting close to him to give him 1-2s. At Brazil Vini is all on his own with Rodrygo the only one that'll come close to give him a passing option.

Not absolving Vini of any blame. Look at him getting super pumped and pumping up the crowd at RM but walks around like a ghost at Brazil. It's abit of both.

15. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No he actually doesn't.

Hurts my core to type this but I'm ready to see Vini on the bench for Brazil. Bring on Endrick.

16. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #7141 .halamadrid2., Jun 25, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2024
    He has the best conversion rate in that entire squad that's for sure.

Wanting Vini benched instead of trying to find a way to let him prosper reminds me of the Swedish fans and media that couldn't wait to see the back of Zlatan. Fast forward Sweden are so bad they are getting bitchslapped by the likes of Azerbadjan. If you want to win big trophies you make sure your biggest star is playing well. It would be another thing if Brazil were great without Vini but poor with him. They are poor with and without him and that's not on him (entirely).

I would understand wanting him benched if he was poor in the run up to but Vini was the RM player who was in the best form at the end of the season.

I didn't watch the CR game but from the highlights that I saw, I saw the team ignoring their CF to try and score from acute angles or from outside the box. Well you won't win the CA playing like that

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fact that Brazil are playing Vini as No.9 and Endrick is seen as his replacement shows what a clown show Brazil coaching staff is.

Vini didn't play as No 9 even for RM after Benz left. It was a much more fluid system with Vini, Bellingham and Rodrygo having the freedom to make their moves with the ball.

russian hattie and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Drop Paqueta, bring in Endrick as #9, play Rodrygo as #10. Simple choices can make big difference.

It's already a shame that Brazil are playing Paqueta who's willing to spot fix for money not to mention he's infact a WHU level player at best. There's a reason he was a Milan flop.

19. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I didn’t watch the game but it’s mind boggling to play one if the best players in the world not only out of position but a position he has never played.

Surely you start with your best players in their best positions and build around that.

Vinicius will still get blamed because the Vini = bad for Brazil narrative.

HZinho, Saeta Rubia and J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    what a dumb question to ask a player. Nothing good from a stupid ass question like this

Anon. and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This game he played mostly on left and created 2 good chances. But he was played more central in friendlies and Merlin wants Endrick to replace Vini when one is a striker and another a winger. Rodrygo played as #9 in this match.

russian hattie repped this.
  23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tricky wingers have a tough time vs parked the bus teams. They get 2 or 3 guys on them

Luis Diaz has the same problem with Colombia where he struggles in most matches except games vs top teams where there is open space

celito and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    They could ask that same question to half the previous recent Brazil Selecao and their answer would be his Neymar sister.

Literally half of them have "played" with her, none want to keep her and no matter how many surgeries she gets she is what she is

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Probably because Vini excels at being an isolation player and taking on his defenders .