All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    What a bizarre thing to say.

“Owh yeah your points are totally valid. But selecting a hair style I personally don’t like invalidates your message. Good luck next time.”

MiamiNative0722 and Aensensen repped this.
  2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It could be. It should be. That was my point all along and my biggest issue with Vini's activism. Racism is possibly the deepest issue society faces currently. So be accordingly deep. Show that, make an example of yourself. Its not about what his hairstyle is. Its about the focus on hairstyles, as its evident here.

My position on the whole social justice thing is always maximize what you can do. Most of us can't do much because we lack the platform. Vini doesn't. Its up to him how he uses it.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The focus on his hairstyle is literally racially driven. What he does with his hair is of no consequence to anyone and it's only fixated upon because a specific dislike of the hair and the style.

Amazing you can't see the hypocrisy.

MiamiNative0722 and Digital repped this.
  4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His focus on his hairstyle is racially driven?

Imagine MLK or Malcolm X acting like Dennis Rodman out there. I highly doubt anyone would have supported them, and that they would have achieved what they did. A serious topic requires serious demeanour. You need to hold yourself at higher standards than your peers.

5. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Even I think that's not a big of a deal, unless he was claiming he was changing his hairstyle to fight racism or "send a message" like Pogba used to.

Vini did nothing wrong here, and he looked cool with the dreads.

Aensensen and Bear Crotch repped this.
  6. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Getting upset over a footballers hairdo lol

Aensensen and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vin Jr has it last summer too. It is not a big deal.

[​IMG]

Aensensen repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's not even an intelligent conversation to have and I won't even acknowledge that foolishness anymore.

The fact someone can deem hairstyles as offensive just because they don't use them or their hair doesn't grow in that manner is extremely prejudice if not strong racism.

All this guy did was want a different look and somehow that means he shouldn't stand for something, deserves to be racially abused and his platform somehow is rubbish.

It's incredible.

I have literally never seen anyone malign Kroos haircuts over the year no matter what style he has used but to continually see this discrimination just because it's a black players some people have to have a reason to pick on or dislike is disgusting.

Just get it out your system and say you hate us and don't be a ********ing coward about it for ********s sake

Serengeti_Boy and Digital repped this.
  9. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I think Vini can be criticized just like any other human being on this planet. His skin color doesn't make him better or worse than anyone else. I don't like the fact he's recording a Netflix doc about his fight against racism. It just makes the whole thing look a little fake to me. It's a completely valid opinion, and that doesn't make me a racist.

But if the dude wants to wear hair extensions for a week, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Like I said, if he claimed he did that to fight racism, that would be stupid. You don't fight racism by changing your hairstyle.

But he did it for fun, there's nothing wrong with people having fun. You can dislike the style, and that doesn't make you a racist. But criticizing such a futile and short-lived hair change in such a deep level is just insane, IMO.

10. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think people forget he is only 23 yrs old lol.

Let the kid have fun.

Aensensen repped this.
  11. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    When does one stop being a kid? At 30?

12. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jesus, it was just a funny comment about how "fast" his hair grows...
    I couldn't care less if he shows up with a blond wig, it's his own body/hair. He's a friggin kid

13. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you ask my wife, it's never ;)

14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly, you fight it by not changing it, because changing it on a whim sends the message that you are doing shit for the kicks and giggles, and then its easy for the enemy to say that you're also doing antiracism politics for kicks and giggles, and then racism is also a joke.

I don't understand how I'm not getting through with this. So I will try again one last time.

Everything you do matters if you're fighting for social change, especially as a celebrity. We live in an image and perception based politics. If you enter the realm of anti racism politics (to the point of making a documentary about it), then this should not be a hobby or a side gig of some sort. Everything you do now is measured upon that scale, because this is serious shit. Therefore you need your every action resonating your anti racism struggle even when you don't directly engage with the topic. Your identity needs to be rebuilt around the cause, otherwise you're easy to discredit by the enemy as a fake pretender, and you actually harm the cause, because they will say "what racism, you see he doesn't have a care the world". Its a logical fallacy galore nowadays, so you need to be extra careful.

I would have LOVED IT if Vini changed his haircut to something that relates to the struggle, something meaningful that reflects this mission. People shave their heads in solidarity with cancer patients. You can always be creative about everything.

And yes I am well aware that this is a lot to ask from a 23-year old. But hes also in a position of privilege, and he chose this as his struggle. So if you're in, be all in. Thats all I'm saying. Kroos is not in, so who gives a shit what his haircut routine is. If he was in, I definitely would have.

15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh my God this is still going ?

16. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's not enough to just say that racism needs to stop, he needs to get a hairdo that somehow conveys this message too

Aensensen and natenate101 repped this.
  17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nothing is enough until racism is eradicated. So starting from that premise, the question is am I doing the maximum from what I can do to eradicate racism.

But then again, maybe you really are that thick. Most people are, and thats why we have racism in the first place.

18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I read it again slowly as advised, i still don't know, but i know what the answer to that will be.

Lol, it's serious but this is funny, i completely get why some people think this is valid, long programmed this way, the hair, or changing it, doesn't "fit" with being serious about or dedicated to an issue.
    Straight, nothing else to say, i read some interesting takes here at times, another window to the world i suppose, now back to Italy Albania

19. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What "they" say holds no weight nor value, what matters is that we at least should be behind our player who's given us so many moments of joy already.

When Vini was dancing people were calling him a monkey and said it was unprofessional and provocative.

When Vini started becoming an elite player that decided games people started taunting him with racist chants, and downplaying the seriousness of it.

When Vini started recording his netflix documentary about the constant racism that he suffers at certain stadiums, some people were saying he should just focus on his football.

When Vini started adding some hair extensions to change up his hairstyle during the summers, people were saying he's unprofessional and not serious enough for someone fighting racism.

Now I'm no Einstein, but it seems to me like some people just have a problem with Vini. Which is fine, but I just don't get it. He wears his heart on his sleeve. Let him have fun ffs. Life is absolutely fking brutal, hard, unfair and short. When someone is having some innocent fun, the last thing we should do is push our own misery onto them.

And if someone hates Vini they should be open about it, instead of saying nonsense like he's not serious about fighting racism when he's already done more for it than anyone in the history of LaLiga. First historical sentence and ban of racist fans happened due to him and his fight. I just wish people would be honest about why they hate him, instead of coming at him from all these weird angles that make absolutely no logical sense.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You make it sound like everybody hates him, but he's one of the most popular players around the world (including Spain).

People need to pay less attention to whoever is louder and more to whoever is smarter.

So much attention being paid to a minority of people when the majority disagrees. Reminds me of the "everybody hates us!" rhetoric around Real Madrid when this is literally considered the most popular sports franchise worldwide.

21. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You might've gotten that impression but I wasn't saying that.

22. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure if it meets the professional standards but it conveys the message :thumbsup:

file-OVUN8iSJCsjQ5ImSe4jfOOPH.jpg

Aensensen, natenate101, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Unfortunately, I believe if Brazil underperform, this will be one of the things media pundits and dumb fans will look at.

These guys dying their hair and getter by new hairstyles for the seleccao! They don’t take their job seriously.

which Brazil by the way does do, lots of hair dye and shit, but that’s not what they look so limited.

24. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One of these is not like the others. But sure, I hate Vini and thats because I'm a racist, as evident by calling him to not be a part time anti racism champion but a full time one, and expecting that his general behaviour is worthy of being such champion so that he can make maximum impact.

You're right though, since he's done more than anyone in the history of La Liga has done (that particular bar being zero), he did his job, and now its obviously time for the cars, clothes, models and haircuts.

25. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Never said you're racist, I was just naming random stuff he's been criticised for. No other player is criticised so much. Imagine if he actually played bad.
    Why does he owe it to you to fulfil your weird antiracist fighter fantasy you've got going on? Not every hairstyle is a statement and not every action of a person who fights racism should be about fighting racism. And if you start to obsess over it, soon you will be saying he's not holding his spoon like a full time anti racism champion. Less focus on unimportant BS, and less pushing of our own nonsense expectations on a kid who's doing more than any of us did at his age. Or perhaps even after.