All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It really all depends.

Sprewell did not get another NBA contract after the 2004-05 season, and eventually retired.

A lot of times it's not just that it looks bad, it is bad. We don't have to be understanding with everybody. Some people really are just absolute morons.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Not the smartest comment but you don't know how big his family is, what his bills are or what the cost of whatever he was trying to build was at that time.

People love speaking like experts about other people's personal and financial lives; especially professional athletes.

3. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I don’t care how big his family is, it doesn’t take 7 million a year to feed them.

It’s fine to say I have expenses and I believe your offer is below my market worth. But don’t bring your family’s food into it when you are being offered millions a year. Your basics are covered, this is a commercial negotiation so don’t bring your personal life into this.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This is simplistic because you don't know the demand on him (neither do you care) but you've come to a conclusion based on your own life and experience (which isn't anywhere close to his).

What you're doing is picking on the wording which is just the semantics of it all.

When in reality that was his point; he has expenses and the offer is below his market. Just because he didn't articulate it as savvy as you have doesn't make his point any different than the one you just stated.

In the end for me the comment is silly because the reality is people hate when other people make more, do more and have more.

Talk much an athlete which people think do not work hard, play a game and just happen to make a lot

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I liked Latrell. He was a character lol

and that 2003 Wolves team was pretty fun to watch

6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vinicious is at no 3 in leaked BdO list for this year behind Benzema and Mane.

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Should be number 2 and Tibu number 3.

S1na, Aensensen and zizou555 repped this.
  8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    #4383 arcane, Oct 1, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    For the supposed "best league in the world", the EPL sure has had a limited number of Balon'dor candidates annualy.

Aensensen repped this.
  9. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Unless a member of the family is in deep gangster type debt, there is absolutely no reason an NBA star's salary isn't enough to provide a very comfortable lifestyle for one's immediate family members.

Unless a comfortable lifetstlyle means luxury Hermes bags, Rolex, diamond jewelry, private jets and Ferraris, in which case one needs a reality check.

zizou555 repped this.
  10. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's only the most/best marketed league in Europe. LaLiga aren't able to market the Mallorca v Getafe clashes like EPL can with the likes of Aston Villa v Crystal Palace etc. When it comes to quality then there isn't much difference between the leagues. If we start talking about the best teams then LaLiga is number one every single day of the week. EPL will never be able to dominate European competitions as well as LaLiga has done in the past decade.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sprewell had punched his coach in the face and threatened to kill him on his way out of the Knicks. The fact that he even had a contract offer was an absurd stroke of luck.

This is what I mean with excuses. Sprewell was an incredible talent but he was mental institution ready. He could've had everything but he was willing to lose it all over some dumb shit.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Thanks for making my point.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

And very few CL titles

14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Yeah but then at that point that’s a you problem, not that you are not paid enough.

Regardless, when he said feed my family is where the comment is indefensible regardless of the context. There is no amounts of food expensive or family big enough where 7 mill a year is not enough to feed.

but yes, you are right outside of that. Especially here in America, everyone spends up to their income. I got employees single moms making 35k a year struggling to make it, and I have a guy making 50k a month stressing just as bad or more than those girls about money. He NEEDS to make 60k so when he makes anything less, he starts hassling me about changing processes to benefit his performance.

but when he comes complaining, I tell him, seems like the problem is you. You could make 100k a month and still struggle

xmaje repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Which is the point..

16. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Which in this case, virtually NO AMOUNT of money is enough.

1st world problems, yep.

17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    "Used to tell they friends I was ugly and wouldn't touch me/Then I showed up in that dubbed out buggy"

I see you Vini. Keep shining.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Are you talking to @Hendrix22

21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    S1na, sneakking, Excape Goat and 4 others repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

S1na, natenate101, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

S1na, natenate101, Bear Crotch and 2 others repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    These kids planning and scheming

I don't see how Bellingham can see them scheming and not have his head fully turned. Same for Halaand. I wouldn't be surprised if his father really believes they can come here in three years when all of our youngsters are maturing and coming of age. I'm sure Mbappe thought the same as well.

The looks on their faces when they see there is no way out for them.:D

25. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid