All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So never, seems easy.

ahnaf, Saint Iker, ImadEdd and 4 others repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I have a brand new Ferrari I'll sell you; don't worry the engine is done, but if it did have a working engine, it would be the best car in the country.

Serengeti_Boy, ahnaf, Saint Iker and 5 others repped this.
  3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Classic lay out a scenario which will never happen as the only condition you will accept for making a comparison thus protecting Hazard from the embarrassment and humiliation.

I mean can't we just use dribble stats since Hazard never scored in two years, how about just a good old fashioned 100 meter sprint - surely Hazard can do something as simple as that. We could even put a snack at the finish line to see if he's retained any kind of motivation in life.

yoanaidarov and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Very good analogy. Unfortunately, it applies just as well to VJ too. The "engine being done" is his awful finishing quality. Without proper decision making in the final third or a decent finishing, he's far from being called the best winger in this squad.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    More like Vini is a Camry, may not get you all the chicks at the Burger King parking lot, but it gets you from point a to b reliably. I don't know about you, I'd prefer a car that I can drive around regardless of how it looks a lot better than a fancy car that just sits in my garage.

ahnaf, Digital, PigBenis and 2 others repped this.
  6. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    To be honest Vinicius might even be bringing in more marketing wise. He's the face of FIFA 22 for the club.

PigBenis and yoanaidarov repped this.
  7. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    I beg to differ.
    These are Vinicius' stats
    vinicius.png
    these are Hazard's.
    hazard.png
    It is clear that right now Vinicius brings much more danger with the ball and has a much better workrate as well.

Shay Z, temesgen, ahnaf and 5 others repped this.
  8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even without the stats I would imagine most serious posters could see that with the naked eye if they actually follow the team

Halycon, Shay Z, temesgen and 6 others repped this.
  9. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Not if you are Stanning.

10. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can’t believe it’s been like 2 years and you guys still spend parts of your time on this earth debating Hazard with Lyra. Y’all getting trolled non stop.

Shay Z, 4x4s, Bear Crotch and 3 others repped this.
  11. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Well she probably gets off with those Hazard montages. People are wierd.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At this point Hazard is like Thin Lizzy or Whitesnake if we drew a comparison of music to his current influence on the sport.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vinicius brings much more the defense of the opponent with the ball at his feet. Every time he is in a promising situation, he fcuks it up either by running the ball straight to the keeper, shooting it to the 10th row or crossing it horrendously to the opposite wing.

I mean there is a reason, at one point, Eden Hazard had only played 491 minutes in La Liga, however, Vinicius having played 1794 minutes had the same amount of goals (3) That's the textbook definition of inefficiency.

Per 90 passes attempted
    Hazard 56.7
    VJ 33.8
    Per 90 goals
    Hazard 0.6
    VJ 0.2

14. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    The irony is Hazard has never been much of a goal scorer so if we're talking about dribbling and taking on players Jr is way ahead of whatever it is Hazard is doing right now.

Neither is anywhere close to 15 goals a season right now.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    Per 90 passes are not that important for wingers, as a winger who doesn't take enough risks with the ball is almost always going to attempt more of them than someone who does.
    Per 90 goals also mean nothing if your winger is just going to statpad against the Huescas and the Eibars and go missing the rest of the season.

16. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Statpadding against minnows is still better than shooting the ball to the 10th row against Cadiz though. And funny how you bring into this discussion the point of those stats that you deem "not that important" while using a bunch of even more laughable stats simultaneously for comparing the two players in your own post above.

17. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    You're right, stats about goal creation actions and pressing are laughable, the only thing that matters is how many times Hazard attempted to pass the ball backwards.

18. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd see it as he retained the possession seeing the lack of options to pass it forward. So in those cases, keeping the ball would be better than losing it and giving the opponent chance to counter

19. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope a backwards pass is nearly equivalent to a turnover, what if all he's doing is putting the defender in a worse situation by passing to them when they have an opposing player close enough to close them down and force a turnover in a more dangerous area of the pitch.

If Hazard ain't moving the ball forward toward a goal scoring position, then he's not doing his job. It's as simple as that.

NotPython repped this.
  20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some of the best midfielders in the world have faced this criticism of side ways passing or back passing several times in the past. Doesn't make them any less good. At least not in comparison to a guy who literally passes the ball forward only for it to land at the opponent GK's feet directly while attacking lmao!

21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It should be mentioned that this doesn't apply to midfielders because their primary role is not creating goals, it is maintaining possesion.

For example if Kroos has a hundred sideways passes it doesn't become an issue until a lazy Hazard decides he wants to do the same because ya' know running at the defense sounds like alot of hard work and someone could get injured.

22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Sell him now.

Serengeti_Boy and yoanaidarov repped this.
  24. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I forgive Vini’s lack of shooting skills but his support of Jake Paul is something I can’t ever forgive. Send him to Castilla. :D

MaxY, Fuera del Juego, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vinicius really showing his age there in a negative way.

YOUNGSTARS87 and J-Mezzy repped this.