All hail the genius that is Sachin's post. [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    I think the ENTIRE team, with the exception of Reyes, Nelsen, Rimando and Olsen, need to go. Okay, so how do you field a team with 4 guys???
    You don't that's why we're in 10th place in a 10 team league!

I agree we need to get some depth on the back line. How many games will Pope miss next year because of a hang nail?

Etcheverry is worthless, his idea of defending is sticking his leg out and how many assists does he have this year? Convey is not creative at all! Lazo stinks, Alegria is still an amateur, Lassiter can't do anything. Moreno needs a voodo preistess or something to get the hex off and Williams, Mckinley???? I can't stand it anymore.

I feel like I'm in a relationship with the girlfriend who you know is no good, but you just can't dump her becuase you've been together so long.

I'm ready to get a new girlfriend, is Richmond in the Playoffs?

Rich

2. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to disagree with your last statement. Olsen is returning to form. Now that he has no ankle problems he is almost as dangerous as before the injury, on the flanks that is.

3. Benedict XVI

Benedict XVI Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Ciudad del Encanto
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sachin is full of crap.

All we need is Juergen Klinsmann, and we'll be fine.

4. Luis Chavez

Luis Chavez Red Card

Jul 11, 2001
    burke, va
    hey how come hudson didnt make jaime play, i mean if jaime requested not to he should be cut, anyway, what the hell is there problem, we cant just wait for next year every ************ing year, HUDSON MUST GO

5. El Golazo

El Golazo New Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Washington DC
    Actually, Ritchie Williams has been one of our better players this year.

6. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with Sachin... to a point. I agree that the majority of our offense needs to go, or accept reduced roles. The lack of effort and enthusiasm is there in every game, sometimes it's just hidden well. However, if a revamp requires Ray to dump a bunch of our young guys and bring in a bunch of grizzled English veteran players who will stick around for a year or so, screw it.

On the other hand, Ray's rebuilding worked in Miami. Let's hope he can do the same thing here. God knows this team needs it.

7. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Ray's Miami job worked only to a point. He assembled a bunch of vets who knew their business and didn't need to hear about tactics in the regular season. Come the playoffs though- when the Fusion had to play a series against a good team- they couldn't adjust tactically and Ray looked like a fool compared to Yallop.

Ray had no answer in the playoffs and thus using the word "successful" in describing his one year in Miami when we United fans are used to using that word when the team has an MLS Cup in hand like Arena delivered is a bit of a stretch. By that standard Rongen was more "successful" than Hudson has ever been.

8. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with Sachin in that it is time for Etch and probably Moreno to go. Look these guys have been with DCU for 7 seasons now, and MAE was already and established star when he joined the league. You can't really expect more than 10 good years out of a player, can you?

Can you keep a player who slows your offense, clogs the middle (how can you make a diagonal run when MAE is standing there holding the ball?), and is a defensive liability, just for the prospect of 3 or 4 brilliant passes during the course of a game? Maybe if they led to goals, but that model is obviously not working this year, or last, or the year before.

Jaime? I don't know if he's lost it or not, and if this were the MFL we could pay him and keep him around and see if he comes back from 2 down years, but with a small roster and limited payroll, Moreno is too big a commitment to gamble on for another year. But the guy is magic, how tempting can it be?

As for Lassiter and Curtis, of course they're gone, but they're the best we'll do now with available money and the domestic talent pool.

oh, and for those who point to how good MAE looked in San Jose, remember how small that field is and how that compressed game fits perfectly his strengths.