News: All Hail Bin Ham

Discussion in 'China' started by Only_ONE_United, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    [​IMG]

Looks like our "gracious" Qatari overlord in the AFC has decided that he and the horde are not content with ruling just Asian Football, but have their eyes set on "spreading their influence" in FIFA for a larger prize; challenging Blatter's much-criticized reign as FIFA president. :cool:

Implications for the AFC? the CFA? Any potential replacement candidates for AFC president? (Chances are, since it feels like its been a very "successful" year for Qatar, I have a feeling Hamhead will probably win this in a landslide victory...)

I'd like to hear the rest of your thoughts on this. :)

http://www.goal.com/en/live-update/297/mohamed-bin-hammam-press-conference-live

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    is there other candidate to take on blatter instead of this guy?
    not saying i have no faith in this guy, but he seems to be blatter under another disguise.

"transparency committee", i lol-ed at that.
    and i think it would be interesting to see whether he would bring goal-line technology during his possible helm.

3. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Does the head actually affect NT performance? I thought it was just overall rule changes that affect every team, awarding of tournaments, and distributing money for grassroots development. If you're not poor or have no ambitions to host anything then the head just ruins or improves the beautiful game for everyone.

4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would argue yes.
    One example is technology changes to the game. The misjudge of the overline goal during the England v. Germany game killed the NT confidence and performance.

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  7. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hahaha don't know what those ME folks are thinking. I'm curious as to how the "diehard" fans will react. They should understandably be pissed at a name change (a horrible one at that), but who knows? Maybe the prospect of a ManCity-esque stupendous spending can facilitate a change of heart.

However, if Kroenke takes over Arsenal and renames it to "Team America (******** yeah)", then hell even I'd become a honorary "fan" hahaha

8. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Qatar have absolutely no business being anywhere near a world cup. I suspect their success was down to bribery. So, anyone connected with the Qatari FA, I would be rather sceptical of.

10. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Two FIFA executives have been accused of accepting bribes of $1.5 million to vote for Qatar as hosts of the 2022 World Cup finals.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/917865/fifa-members-%27paid-$1.5m%27-for-world-cup-2022-votes-by-qatar?cc=5901

no worry
    we are talking about qatar
    even if there are evidences of bribe, the world cup will still host in qatar, because it is a nice little mellow yellow country where the middle east never host before.

on the other hand, if it is china, i would see number of fcukers pulling down their pants off yelling saying typical china-scam, we cheated for world cup, blahblahblahblah :cool:

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC