All gone quiet over here? - Pre-game thread!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Danners9, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    No replies to any threads in a few days. What's going on lads?

Everton tomorrow. Home game. New regime.

Last 2 games, scored 3 conceded 0.

Everton banged 4 past a hapless Leeds though, so they are on form.

Confidence, except in Mabzi's case, is running high. Gardner has spoken out about how he feels happier and the clean sheets - despite the worrying performances at times - has been cheering everyone up.

Perhaps the view is that if we can concede 0 and play with nerves-a-plenty then we can be full of the joys of .. er.. autumn? and smile and still not concede. Dunno.

Keane and Kanoute on form. Davies back? Not sure. King's out though, until October 19th at the latest (Leicester game).

Richards needs to sort himself out and concentrate more. He's good, he needs to know he's good and believe it more.

Carr has been revelling in the captain's role, and needs to get his crossing boots back on.

Ricketts has been an inspiration really, coming from nowhere and making people sit up and take notice.

Keller kept us in it at Man City, and Wanchope got a standing ovation from the Spurs fans when he went off :D. KK's ability hasn't been in question, but the weight on his shoulders from a faltering defence has been. They seem to have turned a corner now.

Poyet and Anderton, and Bunji.. NO. Too slow.
    Ricketts, Davies (possibly) and Keane.. YES.

Drop Keane off, and play Kanoute and Postiga upfront. PLEASE! Give it a go. It was the plan. It would, of course, mean a dropping midfield to cover but that's ok. Someone can do that, even Bunji if necessary.

Konchesky's loan deal expires after this, but there is talk of it being extended. He's been impressive, passionate, and will want to continue.

Wonder how he'd feel if Curbs came in as manager? Hm? Maybe bringing Parker with him :) Curbs has been a bit coy over the job, not distancing himself, not committing himself to Charlton. Lots of "if" and "when" and "hmm?" kind of comments from him.

I think Spurs can beat Everton, they aren't all that hot really. Rooney will be a threat, but i wonder if there has been pressure on Moyesy to protect him with the Turkey game coming up. Doubt it, but it might be in Rooney's mind - if he has one.

I am going for a 2-1 or 3-1 win :)

I thank you.

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Keano destroyed Everton at the Lane last season. Awesome display, took them all on by himself and they could do nothing about it. Super stuff.

Saying that, let's face it, this season has been a big disappointment so far. The January transfer window and a new manager can't come quickly enough.

3. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Yep, i saw that game in a pub in Chester full of Evertonians :D

Here's the squad. The word "threadbare" comes to mind...

Team (from): Keller, Carr, Richards, Gardner, Taricco, Blondel, Ricketts, Anderton, Keane Postiga, Zamora, Kanoute, Dalmat, Konchesky, Bunjevcevic, Poyet, Mabizela, Burch.

4. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
  5. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    There's also an open letter to the fans from the chairman on the official site. Pretty much the same as that article.

Anyway, i am off to Uni tomorrow. I will try and pop in once a week or so until i get the internet in my flat. Won't take too long i don't think.

Come on Spurs!