All Eras - Group 1

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by msioux75, May 31, 2020.

1. Diez

Diez Member

Universitario
    Peru
    Oct 26, 2019

I would like to point out a few things about my team:

- Adriano cannot be stopped by a single defense. You need staggered marks otherwise any defense would fail in its attempt. And Scirea doesn't have a free partner to do it.

- In my 3/4 field line I have 3 super creative and dribbling players (Neymar, Zico and Best), who have a great facility to generate a lot of goal chances and feed Adriano and Sárosi. Because of that ability they can generate a lot of fouls in 3/4 of the field, for which I have great free-throw finishers such as Zico, Adriano and Neymar.

Zico is probably the greatest free-throw shooter in history.

Adriano free kicks

- In defence:
    Leandro goes over Cruyff
    Sammer on Hidegkuti
    Zebec on Kopa and
    Lúcio with Nasazzi go with Friedenreich.

2. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Cruyff and Kopa like this post (since they plan to roam well infield at times), and Van Dijk accepts the challenge, as does Preud'homme (since I accept the point about Zico's free-kicks, although do instruct my players to play cleanly and Neeskens in particular to attempt proper tackles rather than fouls!).

I do have 3 very inventive and skilful players too behind the striker, plus the extra player in midfield which we'll try to take advantage of.

(Quick response/clarification since it is or last game in the tournament and we can relax about the game!)

3. Diez

Diez Member

Universitario
    Peru
    Oct 26, 2019
    Make it a great match. :thumbsup:

PDG1978 repped this.
  4. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Round 3 - poetgooner vs Sammer's Hammer

poetgooner
    [​IMG]

Sammer's Hammer.
    [​IMG]

5. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My tactic is simple:
    We're playing a counter-attacking system, where we play a deep defensive line, leaving the front two high up the field for counter-attacking. The central midfielders and wingbacks use their stamina to run up and support the attack, while the DM and CBs remain behind for defensive coverage.

- Three at the back plus Kante means I always have a spare man helping the wingback to 2v1 their wingers, who I view as Sammer's biggest weapons.
    - Even with one of the CBs or Kante going wide to support the wingbacks, I always have 3v2 against Eusebio and Hagi.
    - Trust Moreno and Charlton to win the midfield battle against Redondo and Keane.
    - Hope Law and Pele can nick a goal or two.

6. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    I sent my votes.

7. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Round 3 - Results
    Reports:

Match 5: (votes 2-5-5)
    The leading teams opened the matchday for a fixture thing. In the the first half, Eusebio quickly scores a brace, with a great display, reminded an old duel at WC'66. In the 2nd half, Pelé, well seconded by Moreno, tried to change the course of the events, but SH's defense put tones of efforts to prevent the equaliser, being Keane close to get a yellow.

Match 6: (votes 4-2-6)
    Diez needs the win in order to qualify, but his team looked divided into two parts, something that Cruyff exploits and put PDG ahead in the scorecard. In the 2nd half, displays were more direct, through wings, provoking many fouls, being three fullbacks close to get warnings. Finally a great match, plenty of scoring chances for both sides.

[​IMG]

Qualifies to KO stage:
    1st - @Sammer's Hammer
    2nd - @poetgooner

PDG1978, Perú FC and Sammer's Hammer repped this.
  8. Sammer's Hammer

Feb 21, 2013
    PDG1978 repped this.