All basketball courts must be retrofitted as dual use futsal courts

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by Olo2317, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Otherwise there are limited playing spaces in urban areas,those dual hoops/small goals can easily and cheaply installed. Urge your parks and recreation departments to do this.

2. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Why?

kenntomasch and Olo2317 repped this.
  3. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because he's so passionate about it that he'll make a 2 sentence forum post about it.. I'm a little disappointed that he didn't include a video of him walking around an empty basketball court like he did the post saying bball diamonds should be removed in favor of soccer fields.

kinznk and Olo2317 repped this.
  4. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Can't help it, I'm a proud soccer nazi, video coming soon!

5. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  6. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The reason is that I still enjoy playing and I would appreciate a free nearby place to play. And I definitely would have appreciated it as a kid growing up in jersey City new jersey. The United States would have better players if these facilities would be available in mass numbers. Soccer is the sport for the great unwashed masses, it shouldn't just be for the middle class white kid in the suburbs that is chauffered to a pristine grass or turf soccer field by mommy or daddy. Understand now?

Sactown Soccer repped this.
  7. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And why would cities be interested in paying for this? Especially when, in quite a few of the parks I've visited, all the basketball courts are continuously occupied by basketball players from sunrise until late at night?

mschofield repped this.
  8. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Because I pay my taxes, and my soccer needs are not being met, therefore it is unfair and unethical, my human rights are being violated.ussoccerfoundation.org should get involved and help pay for retrofits.

9. Roger Allaway

Roger Allaway Member+

Apr 22, 2009
    Warminster, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jersey City is not all that far from Harrison. Maybe you should have gone to The Courts there. If you were the right age, you could have played against Tab Ramos and John Harkes.

Olo2317 repped this.
  10. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Human rights ? Er ok.

Olo2317 repped this.
  11. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I did play against them,my school played against kearney high school

12. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You can go to any hand ball court early in the morning by yourself and bring a ball also bring your imagination and you will get more skillful. I did that when I was not dribbling on a dirt field in Italian Harlem, and try to hit something I saw on the field. If there was garbage can on or near the field I tried to hit that or try to chip into the can.

Later when I went with more players we would play soccer tennis it more fun then regular tennis.

Also we go on a vacated basket ball court and player against each other until we could lift a ball into the basket.

Use what you have and stop complaining.

Roger Allaway repped this.
  13. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yeah,did all that,used to play 5v5 on basketball courts,hitting the backboard pole would count as a goal. However you need to demand more of the city,they have plenty of money,make them spend it. Think of the children.

14. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Crap, I missed the section of the Constitution that deals with soccer fields per capita. I must have been sick that day.
    So, when listing basic human rights: access to clean water, shelter, food, education, not to be enslaved or tortured and is are futsal pods next, or are they top three or four in the list?

Martininho, bigredfutbol and Elninho repped this.
  15. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I spend a lot of time in Germany ever play ground besides the usual stuff has a small mini fully enclosed soccer field. When I first saw that I thought I died and went to heaven.

There are different classes living there the Turks they are poor compared to everyone else. They heat their apartments with coal like we did in the real Great Depression. They work in outside markets those with money have their own Turkish restraunts. You never see their kids playing they are helping their parents work. So they don't go to school much either.

Then you have the non rich Germans. They heat their apartments like most of us do. They play at the playgrounds when their not going to school.

Then you have the rich Germans they have pent house apartments and heat their places with renew ables like solar. They don't even drink German beer they drink chech beer. When their kids are not in school they play but they also think their crap don't stink and they are rude to others.

I personally like the Turks better. The only thing I don't like about them is they speak better English then I do.

16. miketd1

miketd1 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    I'm still waiting on the OP's video.
    (insert Michael Jackson popcorn meme)

17. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am actually for Futsal to be a part of the country's physical education curriculum.

20. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Right on,brother!

21. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, we don't have a national physical education curriculum. Never have had one, probably never will.

The One X and mschofield repped this.
  22. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, too bad because there's plenty of fat kids out there. Baseball could be renamed blubber-ball

23. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can only assume you've never seen a game of streetball... You can't get much higher energy than that...

24. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good excuse as any to post these videos.

Olo2317 repped this.
  25. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is silly. Plenty of baseball players are very athletic and fit.

Obesity--which is a serious issue (and not just in the USA)--has nothing to do with the lack of a uniform, national physical education curriculum.

nicklaino repped this.