All Away Games Next Year

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by oman, Oct 29, 2003.

1. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I simply don't see what is so bad about just playing every single game next year away. From a revenue standpoint, I would think we could cut some deal with the opposing teams to give us a cut.

Frankly, it reminds me of when little Division II teams play the big boys in College Football. True, they get the revenue.

Is it that outlandish of an idea? Would the revenue loss be that profound?

2. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you think before you typed that?

Seriously - did you think that through at all, or is this a troll?

If the latter, you can go do that somewhere else.

If the former - yeah, let's just completely kill any contact we have with the Dallas community. Sure, that makes sense.

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    It was actually one of the considerations for Chicago during the Soldier Field renovation if the Naperville deal didn't happen.

4. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really?!?!?

Goodness gracious that is a terrible idea. I don't think there is a team in the league that could survive that - both on the field and in the stands.

Two years of non-existance?

5. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dragon Stadium is at least slightly better than nothing.

The boys at least deserve a place to call home, even if only temporarily and in name only.

A bad idea even John Wagner would not approve of. I would hope.

6. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Re: Did you think before you typed that?

(What contact with the "Dallas community"?)

Do you know who I am, you newby POS? I'm oman. I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders.

Now go get your *#*#*#*#in' shine box.

7. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Re: Really?!?!?

One year of all away games. League pays Dallas a few per game and other stadiums get two extra home games a piece.

Dallas doesn't lose another 50% of its crowd.

Those who enjoy soccer save their pennies for buying a full season ticket package instead of a half package when the new stadium starts up.

Do any of you seriously believe we are going to gain fans in Southlake next year? Or that playing there will actually help with season tickets at Frisco?

8. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Really?!?!?

No - I fully expect actual and reported attendance to go down again next season.

They wont have duped season tciket holders to pad those counts. many have been burnt once, they won't get burned again. Plus anyone paying attention will see their is absolutely no need to purchase any ticket in advance no matter what the marketing folks are shoveling. No one is going to believe them anyway.

But - a touring team with all away games. That sounds like the last gasp of some WUSA teams. Dragon makes MLS look bush league but a touring team would make MLS look even worse.

And personally, I will take Dragon over not even having the chance to see my team win in person.

9. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Re: Re: Re: Really?!?!?

"Won't Get Fooled Again!"

10. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    Call me crazy, but I will purchase season tickets for next year.

11. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I'm going to my another season ticket flexi-pass too - but I'm an idiot.

There are smarter people out there with less money that will realize that there is NO incentive to buy tickets in advance.

12. robviii

robviii Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Chicago
    I've already purchased season tickets in the past and so I should be on some list for the first season at "The Hole."

However, there's no way I'm going to purchase any type of season ticket for Sucklake next year because it's a horrible venue, it has no atmosphere, the parking is expensive, there's no beer, the food sucks, and the tickets cost more. I can watch the Burn on the Shootout Package and if I really need a fix I can always make a single game.

HOWEVER.

If I get a signed promise by Lamar that I'll be placed in line for season tickets at "The Hole," including an actual number, then maybe they can get to my wallet for next season.

Nothing less will do: we all know how the Burn organization will change its mind and shaft you on a promise if it suits them (parking) or promise you something they have no intent to do (football lines).

There's my line in the sand.

13. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Depending on my schedule, I'll end up doing what I did this year and only get the bare minimun(six game pass) for less than $100.

But I'm going to take my time to order them.