All about: Gerrado Torrado and Rafa Marquez

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by el mofles, Jul 20, 2002.

1. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Foreigner vs. Foreigner

If you were Del Bosque would you bench Ronaldo's offensive explosion to go with Marquez's solid backfield play? Damned if you...... if don't. Del Bosque isn't going to bench Roberto Carlos or any of his other foreign midfielders, Cambiasso or Solari depending who's playing just so Rafa can play. Mark my words. Marquez isn't going anywhere this season. He's going after this season when he becomes eligible to play as an EU player. That is when Monaco will make a killing off him in the transfer market because of the increased interest from other clubs especially in Italy maybe even England. They even may be able to raise their asking price for him.

2. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Marquez set for Italy move?

Italian clubs have been alerted to the availability of Monaco’s highly rated Rafael Marquez this January.

Club President Jean Luis Campora has told the French media that the Mexican wants to leave the Principality once the transfer window opens.
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct30d.html

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Marquez must truly be viewed as World Class with all those top notch clubs willing to sign him.

:) :)

4. Giffetinho

Giffetinho New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    the CobiJonesHater has been linked with a big move for almost 6 months now...maybe more.

5. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Newsflash! Everyone hates Cobi :p

6. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Deportivo in pole position for Marquez

Deportivo La Coruña would be in advantage over Lazio, Parma and Roma in the race for Rafael Marquez, central defender of Monaco.

Henry Biancheri would have admitted, responsible for marketing of the club of the Principality, according to which the Galician society would have introduced an offer of around 15 million euro, such to discourage expecting others.

Marquez, 23 years, begun his career in Atlas and passed to Monaco in the 1999/2000 season. In the last World Cup he stirred the interest of many European clubs with his performances for Mexico.
    http://www1.sportal.it/news/news345065.html

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Rafa MArquez to Chivas?

God I hope not.

I dont think Marquez would go...I think its a no brainer. Chivas or one of Europes best squads??? HMMMMM. but Vergara just needs shut his trap and not bid on him. It will raise the price tag and end up hurting MArquez's future in Europe.

http://www.reforma.com/futbol/articulo/243933/

8. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Rafa MArquez to Chivas?

Well it says that they would like to have Marquez on Loan. If Rafa doesnt get transfered by December then its a posibility. I see nothing wrong with wanting the best. I however like the idea of having more Mexicans abroad and hope he ends up in Serie A or La Liga.. Now what i really like is this...

"Y al más puro estilo de la Comisión de Selecciones Nacionales que hablaba y hablaba con técnicos para elegir al timonel del Tricolor, Vergara, tras charlar con Aguirre y Beenhakker, dialogará en los próximos días con el argentino Bianchi, para después tomar una decisión".

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Rafa MArquez to Chivas?

HE seems like he is too much bark and not enough bite.

One day he tells the press that there wanst any money in the reserve account. The very next day he gives another press conference and tells them that he just injected 4MP (400K USD) into the club.

Its like he wants to pat himself on the back for shyt he is suppose to do. Helloo?? You have to invest and put money into the club. I dont see Patiño or Teuffer or Lebrija giving press conferences for that type of crap.

Maybe this is just me, but it appears he is the type to over promise and under deliver. HE threw out those names "Bekenhakker and Bianchi". He better deliver or he will catch some of the shyt that the FMF caught when they mentioned Hiddink, Bianchi, Scolari, Cryuff, etc. Who did they end up with? Lavolpe.

He just seems shady to me. Its not that I am against him being an owner, but when there is a new owner in the MFL without much football knowledge, it scares me. And in his case, he has no football knowledge. And I really dont think he is implementing the art of war ideals about leading your enemies to believe you know nothing. Granted, there have been othes who have acquired clubs without much football knowledge.. Some have succeeded and other have not. I wonder what type of things he will be against or in favor come owners meetings? Will he sacrifice for the good of the MFL or for the good of Omnilife?

BTW. I thought he said he didnt want anything that was assocaited with America? I could have sworn Bekenhaker coached America.

Another thing... i have heard him numerous times say something to the effect that his idea is to have Mexicans players only? I always wondered whay he meant by that? Does he have another plan or why should that even be an issue? Does he want to reassure that Mexican only tradition? If he cant get to the promise land, will he go to plan B and hire International players?

10. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Re: Re: Rafa MArquez to Chivas?

HE seems like he is too much bark and not enough bite.

You have completely changed the topic. From Marquez to Chivas (Loan) to Vergaras true intentions. No matter ill take the bait.

One day he tells the press that there wanst any money in the reserve account. The very next day he gives another press conference and tells them that he just injected 4MP (400K USD) into the club.

Cardenas still doesnt want to let go of the Club, so anything that is beign declared is to deiscredit the ex Chivas president's credebility.

Its like he wants to pat himself on the back for shyt he is suppose to do. Helloo?? You have to invest and put money into the club. I dont see Patiño or Teuffer or Lebrija giving press conferences for that type of crap.

I dont want to waste my time with this issue so i'll just leave this alone.

Maybe this is just me, but it appears he is the type to over promise and under deliver. HE threw out those names "Bekenhakker and Bianchi". He better deliver or he will catch some of the shyt that the FMF caught when they mentioned Hiddink, Bianchi, Scolari, Cryuff, etc. Who did they end up with? Lavolpe.

Vergara has yet to take over. Because of legal issues he is still not running the show. I dont think we can begin to critisize Vergara before he even starts to do his work.

He just seems shady to me. Its not that I am against him being an owner, but when there is a new owner in the MFL without much football knowledge, it scares me. And in his case, he has no football knowledge. And I really dont think he is implementing the art of war ideals about leading your enemies to believe you know nothing. Granted, there have been othes who have acquired clubs without much football knowledge.. Some have succeeded and other have not. I wonder what type of things he will be against or in favor come owners meetings? Will he sacrifice for the good of the MFL or for the good of Omnilife?

Vergara will employ people to run the Club. He will get a Director deportivo to Run the Club. A Director Tecnico to coach the team ect, Vergaras job will be financing the team not deciding what players he wants.

BTW. I thought he said he didnt want anything that was assocaited with America? I could have sworn Bekenhaker coached America.

I have not read anything about this. I know he said he didnt want players with Blancos attitude. BTW after Beenhakker was kicked out of Coapa he coached Chivas and got a 3-2 Victory over America at Azteca after Chivas was down 2-0 :D

Another thing... i have heard him numerous times say something to the effect that his idea is to have Mexicans players only? I always wondered whay he meant by that? Does he have another plan or why should that even be an issue? Does he want to reassure that Mexican only tradition?

Yes he wants to asure the Mexicans Only tradition. There has been many bad press trying to discredit Vergaras intentions before he even starts doing his work so it is obvious that when he gives interviews that he verifys his stance on the Clubs tradition.

If he cant get to the promise land, will he go to plan B and hire International players?

For an Americanista you seem awfully worried about Vergaras Intentions with Chivas.

11. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Rafa MArquez to Chivas?

If Vergara wants Marquez he "should be dragged into the streets and shot (garfield)". He is Mexico's best player and biggest name. He should be facing the Rivaldo's and Kluivert's rather than Alejandro Glaria's week in and week out.

12. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Rafa, how have you been?

Haven't seen you around lately.

Are you still posting on SAG? I checked the Mexico thread and it looked as if had no new posts for quite some time.

Anyways it is good to now your still around.

I agree that Marquez should stay in Europe.

13. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Rafa MArquez to Chivas?

SAG is virtually dead and nobody cared about the Futbol de Mexico thread there. You posted at times and Gringo but nobody else went there. In the end I grew tired of the fact that nobody posted there about the MFL and everything was about MLS which I don't follow. Plus it has really died down in every other stuff which is a shame since I had posted there since 97.

14. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I imagine that the fans in Guadalajara don't all share your opinion. I would much rather have a top flight player like Marquez playing for the team I follow in the league I follow than have him "facing the Rivaldo's and Kluiverts."

But I'm a homer. If it's not a team that I can see in person in my own league, I just can't get interested.

Best of luck to Marquez however it turns out. It seems like this transfer talk has been going on forever.

15. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Rafa MArquez to Chivas?

Yeah and screw the Mexican national team. If you think that Marquez will improve more in Chivas than in Europe you're crazy. I could care less if Guadalajara fans get bored if in the end it ends up screwing Mexico. Besides they probably will root for Brazil eitherway.

PS: Maybe they should get Vidrio now that he's another failure in Mexican soccer.

16. EvilRick

EvilRick New Member

Jun 4, 2000
    Guadalajara
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  17. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Van Gaal quiere a Rafa Márquez

EL Barcelona, que se encuentra hundido en la mitad de la tabla de la liga, ya piensa en refuerzos para la segunda parte del campeonato español, en su afán de revertir su mediocre .Temporada..

Louis Van Gaal, el técnico holandés, le ha entregado a los directivos catalanes, con urgencia, una lista de refuerzos para rearmar el equipo y lograr, por lo menos, un lugar en la próxima Liga de Campeones.

El holandés ha pedido un delantero, un defensa lateral y un central, este último como una prioridad.

Y da el nombre del mexicano Rafael Márquez, jugador del Mónaco francés, como el primero en la lista.

http://www.esto.com.mx/esto/021226/fut_inter/5fut_inter.asp

18. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    El Real Madrid ha decidido fichar a un central

[​IMG]

El hecho es que el Real Madrid sigue muy de cerca a varios centrales que actúan en distintas Ligas de todo el mundo. Ya lo hizo la pasada temporada, pero ahora están convencidos de que tienen que acometer el fichaje de uno de ellos.

En la agenda de la secretaría técnica están los nombres del rumano Chivu, el argentino Samuel, el alemán Metzelder, los brasileños Edmilson y Lucio, el méxicano Márquez... Son sólo algunos de los centrales.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,221951,00.html

19. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    sweet deals

20. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Márquez, con un pie en Barcelona

[​IMG]

SEGÚN el diario francés "Le Figaro", existe ya un acuerdo entre el Mónaco y el Barcelona, para que Rafael Márquez pase a formar parte del equipo español.

El club catalán desembolsará 14 millones de euros por el defensa mexicano, y podrá contar con él a partir de la próxima semana. El libro de pases en Europa se abre hoy, por lo que la transferencia se oficializaría en los próximos días.

http://www.esto.com.mx/esto/030102/fut_inter/4fut_inter.asp

21. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Re: Márquez, con un pie en Barcelona

This is good to hear..but I WON'T be buying a Barca jersey.........

22. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At first I thought oh boy here goes esto crying wolf again, but this time it's for real
    http://www.lefigaro.fr/sports/20021230.FIG0112.html
    Second to last paragragh almost last sentence

ALthough this supposed Barca done deal has been discussed on L'Equipe's for Almost two years along with Marcelo Gallardo's move to Juventus

23. KiQuE

KiQuE New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    Re: Re: Márquez, con un pie en Barcelona

I will :p

24. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
  25. Merengue

Merengue New Member

Nov 4, 1999
    San Diego
    Re: Marquez da entrevista a Marca.es

Del articulo en marca.com, Marquez dijo,

" Soy limpio, me gusta salir jugando. No soy el típico central de fortaleza, pero soy duro cuando hay que serlo. Y compenso todo con mi técnica."

Limpio? Cuenta esto a Cobi Jones quien era agredido brutalmente por Marquez en el ultimo Mundial o los hondurenos y trinitarios (Marquez fue explusado en las eliminatorias contra ambas selecciones).

Marquez es un jugador bien dotada tecnicamente y sabe jugar pero todavia tiene que madurarse y ahora no es un jugador limpio. Despues de su primer año con Monaco no ha mostrado tanto en Europa y es por esta razon que ningun otro club lo ha contratado.