Aliadiere on loan to Celtic

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by surfcam, Jun 28, 2005.

1. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    hopefully he will do really really really well........... but i dont see him coming back

3. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    All the best for him.

4. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely a talented kid-will be interesting to see how he does in the Scotland. Hopefully he will have a good year and stay injury free!

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Jeramie,
    Remember wear a cup....those SPL footballers don't mess around.

6. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    now that is just IMPOSSIBLE~

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Great, that gives me yet another reason to abuse that mob and their support. :cool:

Anyway, I'll keep you updated on how he does in the ESS PEE HELL.

8. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Bummer... He doesn't need any training in how to blow your championship in the last minute of the season.

9. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It will be good for him to spend a year at Celtic. There's no guarentee there will be room for him next year, but he'll be getting some time in.

He scored a few goals 2 years ago at the reserve match I went to, looks good, but needs more PT.

10. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can somebody with more knowledge of Celtic's forward situation tell me how likely it is that JA will get plenty of playing time with them? I'm asking because they seem to be linked with a bunch of strikers, not to mention those already on their books, and I'm worried that Aliadiere is going to end up pretty far down there depth chart by the time the first game rolls along.

11. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    They currently have Hartson, Sutton and Beattie competing for the striking positions. Maloney might be added to that list, but it looks like he could be loaned out. Celtic have been linked with several strikers, but the most concrete one is Zurawski, who is deciding on whether to move or not. If he is brought in and Aliadiere also joins, then I would imagine the latter would be 3rd choice at the very best. However, it all depends on how Strachen wants Celtic to play.

12. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Maybe they're planning on sending him to Liverpool. :D

13. leepyswetr

leepyswetr Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Chicago
    Rick, is he dead to you?

14. Arsenal_pwns_all

Arsenal_pwns_all New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    That kid had promise, maybe if he hadn't broken his legs so often he would have been the satr of our youngsters. Too bad he broke his legs too often, and I doubt he would ever return to play for us. Does anyone know when his contract end? His contract ends next season if I am not wrong.................

15. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
  16. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is what I was worried about. It says here that the Zurawski signing is all but finished. This move is looking less good every day.

17. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Strachen and Wenger are both decent managers, they would not have done this deal just to have him sitting in the reserves all season, he'll get games...

18. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just an update since I was away when it happened and it doesn't look like anybody brought it up.

Celtic were successful in getting Zurawski. That certainly pushes Aliadiere down the depth chart a spot. Anybody with better knowledge of Celtic care to update us on the likelihood that Aliadiere will get into games and whether they'll use him up top or in midfield?

19. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I have no idea. I don't know how Strachen intends to play at the moment. :eek: