Alfredo Morelos - Rangers F.C

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Jun 19, 2017.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So Rada isn’t colombian?

2. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You have to be alive first to be Colombian. Falcao is RIP.

3. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Gol de Morelos, que llega a 10 en liga y 12 en total. Como siempre, metiendo las más difíciles y fallando las fáciles. Impresionante lo de este man.

kromekote and Bomb8 repped this.
  4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    crzdcolombian repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They put him for sale for 10 million. 10x their investment in 6 month potentially not bad

This kid went to Finland and man it’s like wow kid is lost forever. Biggest surprise in a long time

6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    he's not for sale just yet. Sounds like they have to change his contract terms (including a contract/salary extension) in order to make sure they can get the right bidders for Summer. The way I see it, he'll end up for either a Championship team or bottom table EPL team come next summer. I've been following him this season since he's joined Rangers and watched several matches. He's well liked by the fans and despite a managerial change mid-season he's still been able to do a heck of a job for a very limited squad that has yet to click on all cylinders. @21 years old he's got a lot to learn but making every minute count. SPL is not a top league but they are a very physical league and he's been one that has been able to fight thru some tough marking/defending (tackles/defending there is freaking crazy---easy red cards in many leagues!)

Doogs repped this.
  7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im proud of him, genuinely thought he was crap when he was in Colombia. Proved me wrong

crzdcolombian repped this.
  8. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    It's really tough to leave homeland and make a name for yourself, specially in 2nd tier leagues where the pitches aren't well maintained or the level of competition (even professionalism) isn't as consistent from club to club (Mexican Pena who started with Morelos in Fall has been sent back to Mexico and Herrera the other Mexican (striker) isn't a habitual starter and likely will be sent back as well). Money is tight, so they're not always able to bring top supporting talent for a striker. That being said, Rangers as a club have a rich history which also mean that they get more attention from other clubs outside of SPL. If he continues his form, would love to see him and Cucho fight for a spot for Copa America 2019.

pepinointer, Doogs and crzdcolombian repped this.
  9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rangers have just come back into prominence too. After their whole debacle going bankrupt and having to dissolve the club etc. As you say Morelos will probably end up playing for like Stoke City or Hull or something. That's where most of Rangers players end up, small english clubs.

pepinointer repped this.
  10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am not as fond of this player as I am of Cucho.
    But he is a hard worker and wants to be the best. A player with an edge and chip on his shoulder who can really develop into a solid option if he continues to show good work ethic.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    HomietheClown repped this.
  13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    HomietheClown repped this.
  14. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Metió 2 .... pero se comió uno.....de sus tiempo en la Sub20 (Min 1:30)

Bomb8 and Baal88 repped this.
  15. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I watched a replay of this match, the first first time I've seen Morelos since his youth days.

This guy redefines the word torpe. He's a pretty good target man, but he reminds me of Nazarith...

16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nazarith has a huge imposing frame in the box. To be fair, Morelos is very raw but is a poor man's Tevez. He plays and hustles for every ball and while he has poached goals he has also scored some nice goals as well. He wants to win and you can see that every game. Not easy to transition to a country where you're the definite minority in every way and still succeed. He's not just scoring a goal here and there...he's the SPL top scorer in his 1st year for a club that while is traditionally a very prestigious club in Scotland with lots of history and supporters (think Millos), continues to be outshined, outplayed and all else by hated rivals Celtic (think All Nac), who has won the last 7 championships.

All in all, I think we will hear more of Morelos.

17. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Woah. In mentality, sure. But I don't see that playing style in him one bit. Granted, you've definitely seen more of him than I have.

The thing with Tevez is he automatically turns and runs toward goal whenever he gets the ball. That lack of confidence to take the ball forward was probably the main criticism I had of Morelos in the last match.

Definitely want to see more games of him, however.

18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    He's gone thru a manager change in his 1st season. Murty was basically the asst coach, given the interim coach spot and then full time spot. The club doesnt have the deepest pockets and seems to be very reactive as opposed to proactive. Murty's tactics are typical of SPL which is long ball, run and cross in from wide flank. Rarely is the attack from the main field or build up based on possession. It doesnt help when you have very few MFs that can create space. At 21, he still has a lot to learn.

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope we see him in the EPL soon and not the MLS haha

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is this league stronger then the MLS? I know we discussed it he should be on the NT radar.

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dont think so...but some mexicans of the NT that arrived with morelos failed there and already leave.

Doogs repped this.
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think Morelos is good enough to be called up. He misses way too many easy chances.

24. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Gol de Morelos contra Hamilton y 2 asistencias. Con esto son 16 goles en lo que va de la temporada. Si fuera efectivo debería llevar 25 por lo menos. Esperemos que mejore su puntería y técnica en los próximos años.

965237325335851014 is not a valid tweet id

25. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    hay muy buena posibilidad que lo compren un club Chino. Libro de pases cierra al fin de mes y ya han puesto un buen dinero sobre la mesa. No creo que se quede por que seria mucho dinero para Rangers que es un club que atraviesa con problemas financieros. Veremos.