Alfredo Morelos - Rangers F.C

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Jun 19, 2017.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why the ad hominen argument? No need to talk about me to defend your point.

Im talking of just how bad i think morelos comparison with a terrorist only because his nationality. I never have heard....like kross the most smart german since hitler....that ia the double standard that i judge. Because would be offensive for morelos and kross. But is ok morelos reveived these commenta because of his passport. Morelos isnt a narco amd terrorist so dont understand comparison

1. Who i am insult? Please quote a post. Just not repeat because i frecuently argue with a lot of posters points of football...bitch queiroz is not insult.

2. Please quote a post of me discriminating someone or making judgements of nationalities that is the point here. I can be rude and defend positions in some topics. But not i dont defend prejudices of any kind and less when are based in the place where you born...so dont confuse things

That i can argue with other "posters" in not a "friendly " way doenst mean i dont have credibility ot i have double standards in discrimination issues. Please respect me as i respect you.

Lenguage is powerful and this kind of jokes then become arguments of policy makets and criteria of admission to jobs and countries. For that reason i aware of him....so please respect me and dont tell me that im not crediblr and dont make ad hominen arguments.

In all case i aprreciate you as a poster. So i wont make a big deal but please isnt need to attack me personally.

Regards,

2. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    When someone accuses Colombians by calling them violent criminals, it's not very wise to lose one's temper. That just proves them right. I'm not accusing anyone of this, just saying saying that there are more effective ways ton convince people that Colombians are people like the rest.

We don't have to argue about this anymore.

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Im not losing my temper. Yes i agree are more ways to get respect.

But and at the same time for me is disgusting than a "colombian " say that love the tweets of british comparing a sportsman with a terrorist because his nationality...no care if it was a joke. Like furnaccio did

4. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree it's not very tasteful. And it's also a bad joke and shows lack of imagination. But I've gotten so used to it, even many of my friends have joked about it. So the ones that make the joke are not always insulting.

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah the brit didnt know....but if you applause him and cerlebrate with love his comments isntead of correct his joke......will become an argumen to a migration policy, a prejudice to hired people and an argumetn to dont allow the entrance of people because borned i a cetrtain country.

For that i said that is weird that a "colombian" love than kind of tweets

6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Just because you asked:
    That's three separate times in this conversation alone that you've purposefully put the word Colombia in quotes.

If language has power--I agree--acknowledge that you're specifically putting into question Furnaccio's background by using the quotes.

Everybody on this board is of Colombian descent and you know that. (Pibe10 is an honorary colombian ;))

Whatever you think about people's rights to joke about Pablo Escobar--I entirely disagree, but I'll rest my case on that one--most of the points you're making about correcting people who make such insults don't really make sense when the only intentional insult in the thread was your initial response to Furnaccio's point.

Also, if, as Colombians, we're supposed to correct what's a tasteless joke because it furthers poor policy--I totally disagree, on both parts--does this not imply that we should also correct people who make make jokes about someone's identity as it also furthers poor social policies?

ryu79, Furnaccio and Bomb8 repped this.
  7. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    if there is a doubt about my "Colombian" roots, I can provide a permission slip from my mom along with her passport photo that proves i am Colombian....i'll even get it notarized =)

As for Morelos, outside of an injury to Duvan - do you think there is room on the roster for both Borre/Morelos? with our 4-3-3 looking to be our formation and current group of forwards that are pretty much regulars by now, i have a tough time seeing both these guys as part of the core team for now....

Club-wise - both are racking up goals, but at the NT level - neither has yet to establish a lock in the roster in such a way that players like Muriel, Roger, Diaz, etc. have in becoming a "non-surprise" whenever there is a call-up. i guess the question comes down to is who can be more versatile and play wing role the way Roger/Muriel have been doing. Do you guys prefer Borre or Morelos, or is there even someone else that could be on the rise (Mr. Sinister?)?

8. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You are only allowed to support the "Colombian" NT.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #459 pepinointer, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Man was an horrible joke, that i dont understand how someone that have simpathy for colombians CELEBRATE AND LOVE THEM. If for you is ok do it, fornme its weird ..but please dont attack me or ridiculized me. When i say to a ppster that wasnt colombian because that?
    Like the sings to yerry about cocaine when he arrived to everton....also was disgusting

My apologize to @Azucarero @Bomb8 because i dislike that a sportman is comprared with a terrorist, killer, drug lord l if it is the case.

Dont know in which moment i say to another poster to support or no support a national team. Please dont tergirverse things that i havent mentioned...neither i havent said that you are more or less colombian than me. @pibe10 knows that he is my friend and im happy that he is colombian fan , so please dont mentioned here ...i never have seen him comparing morelos with escobar or apllausing people that do that.

10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Awww shucks....
    :(

11. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The most ironic moment I have witnessed about this was last World Cup before a match of Colombia, they showed a short documentary about football and racism, and a minute later they presented the Colombian NT playing the theme song of Narcos. This was on national televison.

While I don't think that is racism (we should be careful with the words we use, the word ’racism’ is used too lightly nowadays) it was still an awkward moment.

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Imagine this "smart word games" with nazis in the germany match...i imagine even the queen apoligixze.

James and falcao are footballera no need to related with a criminal industry.

There is a very slim line with jokes and prejudices. Prejudices are the first step of racism.....so instead of bithcing me because i didnt like that jokes , reflex about how prejudice and discrimation arguments are made up

Screenshot_20191031-115900_Chrome.jpg

13. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's totally moronic when the media does that, I know, but when a Rangers fan gets excited about Morelos scoring a goal it's a bit different don't you think? I say stupid stuff all the time when I get excited. In such moments I compare everyone with Hitler.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The problem is that there is social sanction, then that guy become president loke trump or beocme a copy of the sun.

And MUCH WEIRD when a colombian or a person that sympatyse colombia ....says that love that comments.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's been 30 years. We should not accelt the glorification of Narco stereotypes. As Colombians we need to demand that we move from such stereotypes rather than celebrate them otherwise that is what we will continue to be associated with.

villus and pepinointer repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yesterday i thought that this was a "gracias farid" opinion.......but seeing how people here celebrate and love that a colombian sportman that was abussed racialy recently, wass compare with a criminal druglord.

18. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Morelos needs to work on his midfield drop. He doesn't posses the speed like Muriel, and doesn't have the strength like Zapata. This guy needs to be a false 9.

19. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Zapata is a big guy, but Morelos is strong for his size. It's not easy to steal the ball from him.

kromekote and pepinointer repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree if somethinh have morelos is force and strength. absolutely he is a 9.

Each time he plays better with the national team, contributing more with the team

Bomb8 repped this.
  21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Morelos on fire today!

2 goals so far through 64 minutes!
    Love the recent form! Hope to see it translate to NT on 11/15 and 11/19!

HomietheClown and Bomb8 repped this.
  22. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    One assist and two goals so far, 3-0. Didnt see the goals as my stream keeps stopping... the assist was nice.

Furnaccio and pepinointer repped this.
  23. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    2:15 - Morelos assist
    3:30 - Morelos goal
    6:10 - Morelos goal

In the words of Ice Cube....”Today was a good day...”

24. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Brilliant. The guy is a pure scorer. I remember how he was supposed to be the star of the U-20, I saw his disappointed tournament and than disappointed time in Medellin, I never thought he would turn into this. Wonderful. I just hope that he won't be like Jackson and actually will get his chances in the NT when he is in form. Deserves it. Man, I must arrange a trip to Scotland to catch one of his matches.

25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia