Alexi Lalas - on FFF Tuesday Night 9/3/07

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TequilaJoal, Sep 3, 2007.

1. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yo... If you are a true Galaxy fan you will watch and participate on tomorrow nights scheduled broadcast of Fox Football Fone in.

Steve Cohen & Nick Webster host the 2 hour show. 5:00pm to 7:00pm PST

Special Guest is - ALEXI LALAS

Directv Channel 613

Dish Network Channel 149

Time Warner Cable Channel 269 (differs in other areas)

Phone Number to call in - 1-866-FOX-FANS

Email a question to - fff@foxsoccer.com

This is our oppurtunity to voice any displeasure at this mans complete dismantling of the team, his moves, trades, utterly retarded comments. The more who participate I am sure will be recognized by the volume of calls and emails to the show.

If you care about the team.... this is probably your only chance to voice to the man himself.

Just dont sit here and BITCH.

GET OUT THERE AND GIVE IT TO HIM

2. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Date correction

Sorry everyone....

Date is Actually

9/4/07

3. charlesj27

charlesj27 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    CANOGA PARK, CA
    Re: FFF Tuesday Night 9/4/07

Hey TequilaJoal ,

Thought you might be interested to know... This is what I'm sending over to FFF E-Mail Comments Inbox. I'm curious to see if Mr. Lalas has anything to say about this... or, like all people up-top... will get discretely sept under the rug?

My e-mail comment to Steve & Nick on FFF for Tuesday night :
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello Steve… Hello Nick…

I’ll try not to make my e-mail ‘Sound-Off’ whiny or nagging. I’ll try !

As you may have guessed – I am a LA Galaxy fan… for good or for worse…
    I ‘ve decided to stand by this team. But, of late – I, and many, many others
    have felt that the LA Galaxy Team has not been taken care of with sincerity,
    dignity, passion, and respect! How can a team that once performed so
    galantly… so solidly… so boldly – now carry themselves in such disarray &
    “amnesia”. It’s like all of us are watching a third-rate team… it doesn’t even
    smell like the LA Galaxy that used to grace the HomeDepotCenter!

This current team has performed – with the exception of a handful of games –
    in a confused, tired, drugged, child-like manner. Every other US MLS team
    is learning, progressing, getting bold, getting tough… and, making smarter
    plays… why not this team?

All I can come up with is that the team has not been managed with total
    sincerity and integrity!!! I believe that this team had been “side-swiped” for
    the pursuit of something else – Greed & Dollar Signs !!! Soccer is a TEAM
    SPORT ! The TEAM puts its ALL out when it comes to play… this includes
    Players, Coaches, Assistants, Families, and MANAGEMENT !!!

There has to be FIRM, DIRECT, FORCEFUL decisions that need to be made
    now! There are reprimands & expectations that need to be handed out and
    made accountable to… It needs to start now! Do not delay !

For the sake of this sport… For the sake of LA Galaxy and its loyal fans …
    This team, its style… its plays… its focus… and, its deliverances… must
    be made FIRST & FOREMOST of importance – for the sake of Yr 2008 – 2009!

Turn this “festering, sick, doomed ship” around, Lalas… Turn it around !!!

Thanks for your consideration… Sincerely,

Charles .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

4. Brian71

Brian71 Member

Sep 2, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    someone should ask Lalas who gets shown the door first: him or yallop?

5. amavel

amavel New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is FFF simulcast on the radio/internet? Otherwise, will there be a torrent available this week? Dorm life without a tv (specifically FSC) is a pain in the ass.

6. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this is what I e-mailed I am going to be out of town on Tuesday

7. KingsQueen949

KingsQueen949 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I sent an e-mail asking La-Loss what he was going to do for Cobi - the heart and sole of this team for the last 10 years - in these last games. I noted that he has basically been ignored and what a disgrace that is! I said a little corner in the back of the HDC won't do it. Where are the Cobi jerseys to show love and support to a guy that has given his professional soccer career to the team? A-HOLES!!

8. Joe_Cannon

Joe_Cannon New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
  9. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you guys will have better luck calling in than emailing. Its is called Fox Football Fone-in after all. Too bad I moved last week and I don't have FSC anymore :(

10. KingsQueen949

KingsQueen949 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I have no doubt this board will be represented both by e-mail and phone calls! It will be interesting to see how many of us get through either way!

11. amavel

amavel New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Lalas on yet?

12. Joe_Cannon

Joe_Cannon New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Yeah he's on. Hasn't really said anything new or stuff we haven't heard 100 times already.

13. lokiunt

lokiunt New Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Los Angeles
    if someone gets on, don't forget to ask about the Klein trade

14. SimonAllen

SimonAllen New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    L.A.
    Spin guru is on a roll... we are looking at a ghost folks...as a hard core soccer promoter/fan in US I am at a loss of the gull of the guy! Good luck getting throught the screeners as well.

beckham should have never been played regardless of what he says... by the way what is up with Xavier??? A great signing of a turtle paceddefender huh?

15. Joe_Cannon

Joe_Cannon New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    The only real new thing he said was that ESPN put pressure on them to play Beckham. Which I think most of us knew already though.

16. KingsQueen949

KingsQueen949 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Quit using the "uncharted" territory crap excuse! What's the difference between putting a winning team on the pitch with Beckham and putting a winning team on the pitch WITHOUT Beckham!

17. KCase

KCase New Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Alexi says he is amongst the most talented Galaxy teams he has ever witnessed. He if actually stopped trading players for a moment, he would realize that they are F'ing crap and have been for a while. Back office and Lasas need to be replaced.

18. y-o-y

y-o-y New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    LBC
    In the last segment, he basically blamed the players for not producing in the "new environment" that has been created by his management of the team. What an prick.

19. Joe_Cannon

Joe_Cannon New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Well a caller finally got in and said to fire everybody except Donovan, Becks, and Xavier (including Lalas and Yallop). Singling out Martino and Vagenas. Sadly, Lalas pretty much ignored the question :mad:

20. BaltimoreYankFan

BaltimoreYankFan New Member

Nov 11, 2001
    Towson, MD
    Christ, you've got some good players out on your side. You should try blaming some of the players... They've underperformed. Lalas is a stand-up guy, although might not be the best GM.

21. Elisa

Elisa New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Wow, these callers really aren't holding back. (as they shouldn't)

I wonder how it feels to hear someone tell you that you are horrible and need to be fired...

22. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    frank and alexi were both football players in europe. i'm sure they're well used to abuse far worse than what the american FCC will allow on the airwaves.

23. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    Well, he made some decent points. I don't agree with everything, but to me, even if he was talking out of his butt with a lot of that motivational stuff about wanting guys to win and he takes blame and everything, he certainly sounded passionate and frustrated.

The MLS Cup question was quite shocking though. I am a little scarred that there was no hesitation to say that Becks would miss MLS Cup for a Euro Qualifier. Where else would that ever happen? Then again, it's time for MLS to reeeeaallllly start taking notice to those FIFA blackout days.

24. SimonAllen

SimonAllen New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    L.A.
    Way to go and taking responsiblity by spining the matter to an unmatter! He should be an attorney or public relation person not a GM of a soccer club!

Way to go by following the Chelsea plan of action by spending the big buck$ and not performing...

Way to go by not comitting to allowing BECKHAM play for England or NOT! He flip flopped back and forth and talked from both side of his mouth...

Way to go to Alexi - job well done...

Tune in to itunes and search World Soccer Wrap (c) for more coverage and banter on our favorite GM and his top notch Manager on a weekly basis...

25. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I felt like he was blaming everything on the environment he was thrown into. Gimme a break buddy you had half a season and longer to prepare! Props to whoever brought up his 31% win record at all 3 clubs.

All callers did well accept for Bruce from NYC who we all know was really Bruce Arena.