Alex Scott - Fox Soccer Blog

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, May 7, 2009.

1. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Life in the WPS and Boston

by: Alex Scott
    May 06, 2009

[​IMG]

Boston is now my new Home, and i must admit i do love this city it reminds me in some ways of london, so i dont feel to far away from home, Boston is always busy and there is always stuff going on and people to see, plus at night when the city is alight it looks beautiful. Added bonus, it is a great sports city!

So all in all life in the WPS and life in Boston is going great. My teammates are a wicked bunch (i think making fun of my english accent is never going to stop) my team make me do the cheer at the end of training just so i count to three so they can laugh at the way i say it.... one ... two ... three.. really not much difference is there - i dont get it???

Soccer = Football. PK = penalty. Candy = chocolate. Mall = shopping center. Restroom = toilet. Pinnies = Bibs. Sweater = Jumper. Outside back = right/left back
    Alex scott, the English Boston Breaker!!

:D

2. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    Interestingly enough, this is a growing trend in WPS. Kelly and Alex are doing it, and Karen Bardsley of Sky Blue FC is doing it for Goal.com, which is a very respectable site.

3. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  4. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Alex Scott

Alex Scott's Blog
    by: Alex Scott
    My 1st WPS Goal!!!

Tony told me at half time i was making good runs and to keep on doing it, so thats all i did, no major change to my game. In the 49th minute, the ball got played into latham, who like always holds the ball up well. I overlaped down the right and she found me with a sweet through ball................ (should i now go into movie mode and really glam this part up????????? im to down to earth for that!!!!) so a sweet through ball that i ran onto, i could here kelly smith screaming for it in the box i do not know why i chose to ignore her because if you have kelly screaming for the ball of all players you want to pass the ball to it would be her because you know she can create magic, but for once i thought WHY NOT and i smacked that small piece of leather that we call a soccer ball (football if you are reading this back home) and it flew into the back of the net... YEAH!!!!!

5. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The magic of the Riptide Scarf! :D

6. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wtbEibtZvY"]YouTube - ALEX SCOTT ARSENAL LADIES[/ame]

7. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JET LAG!!! by: Alex Scott

May 28, 2009 | 6:07PM

Flew back to boston sunday night landed at around 10pm, straight into a game monday, i can not remember the name of the team we had this scrimmage against........ please forgive me for this, but remember what i said at the start of this blog..... JET LAG SUCKS!!

After 60mins i had to ask coach Tony to sub me out because i really did think at one point i was sleep walking or sleep running (you know hat i mean) at times.This team is such a great team to come back to and i always miss them when i go home, the girls are a great bunch.

so this week consists of training hard (you train hard, you play hard.. not sure who said them words of wisdom?) and off to play sky Blue this weekend, which should be good because i think this is a rivalry game of the cities (should add some spice to it,ha)

8. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revs Fan, thanks for adding the paragraphs to the small bit you posted. Her blog is almost unreadable w/ only "........" btwn sections. oy.

9. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, I posted a comment on the blog itself asking her to make that adjustment...

we'll see!

10. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was you? Nice. :D I saw that comment and laughed.

11. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17906839#post17906839

A Sore Loser
    Jun 08, 2009

As the title to my blog says.... i am a bad loser!!!Anyone who knows me, knows I hate to lose! we lost our last game to sky blue, this hurts! You have to give credit to Sky blue though, that is the best they have played all season, for us..... it was by far our worst.

Some positives that we took from the game however are we tried to keep attacking into the 90 minutes +, but looking back on the game did i ever feel like we would get a late goal, probably not. It was just one of them days when nothing seemed to be going right. No matter how hard we would keep trying, nothing was going to change the outcome.... a 2-1 loss. (i can not believe i have to keep writing that!)

I have to apologise to everyone who has read my blogs before this one. I do read the comments i get, and I also know that the writing has been very small and at times maybe unreadable for some, but know this i really do try. I write this thing all out, nice paragraphs to make it readable, nice sizeable writing, then i press post it and it all changes???? so i go back i edit, it happens all over again, i really think i do this about 3/4 times until i give up.so fingers crossed, that i think i have worked this problem out, but if it goes wrong..... you have to know that i have tired,ha!hopefully this one is a easy read for you all, until next week...

IDK maybe it's the blogs but she is becoming my favorite player...

12. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get out Mike. She was my favorite first and she has my scarf. haha I would love to see a Wells Thompson blog.

13. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He'd have to pay my mortgage for me to like him...

I'm sure his blog would be full of hair care tips anyway.

14. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on the way he passes, he'd wind up posting to the wrong blog...

15. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alex Scott's Blog

The TV curse
    Jun 19, 2009

We have played two games so far, against St Louis and FC gold pride only gaining 1 point. This is shocking I know, but hey 1 point is a baby step in the right direction. The 2nd half of the FC gold pride game was the best we have played since i can last remember and maybe should have finished the game off, but WOW, the 1st half was embarassing. It was women against girls out there. It was like when your 1st team plays a reserve team and you tell the 1st team they have to play 2 touch, Yes folks thats how bad we played.

The postive is though, coach Tony wanted a reaction and in the 2nd half he got it. So now we build on that and we go again against Chicago, who let me remind you folks, because i am still feeling the hurt from that game, whooped our butts 4 - 0 last time, so this really is revenge match.

Im looking forward to seeing my national team mate Karen JULIA Carney, who is also my roommate when travel with the national team, but wont catch up with her until after the game, when we beat you karen,haha.

The title of my blog is the TV curse. I really do think something is going on here. Out of the four games we have had on Fox Soccer we have lost 3 and drew 1. We are still awaiting that all important win! Why Boston why do we have to have this curse?

If anyone is reading this and can lift this curse from us, please work your magic, I think our next TV game is when we play home to Sky blue, so i am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope someone has helped out by then and this will be the one where the Fox Soccer cameras will be there to see us celebrate,yah!!!

16. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Alex Scott

Alex Scott's Blog
    The half way point
    Jun 29, 2009

I cannot believe that we are at the half way point of the season and when i keep looking at our fixture list, i will be going home to England all too very soon to play in the European championships and my 1st season in the WPS will be over...

:(

17. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://community.foxsports.com/alex_scott/blog/2009/07/09/weekly_therapy

Weekly Therapy
    Thursday, July 9, 2009

Something that i really do not like doing is losing, yes Folks, after being on a good winning streak for a while (they say all things must come to an end) we lost against Sky Blue. Our ending came too soon and i was hurt and not ready for this! what is it with Sky Blue v the Boston Breakers??? the good thing is we play them again at home this weekend and i cannot wait.

Me either...anything less than three points is an unacceptable failure. C'mon ladies!!

There will be 7 national team players gone when we play against FC gold pride (4 USA, 2 English and1 Canadian) it just goes to show how much talent this team really does have.

I really hope you're right Alex...

I love the American national anthem. Its very passionate and i always want to sing along, but sorry folks i just cant, i got to be true to my beloved England and only sing for the queen,hehe

But how do you feel about the Sheraton Braintree??

18. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm obviously missing something here.

19. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=18324251

Women of the match to Villain of the match
    Thursday, July 30, 2009, 09:15 PM EST

our next game was V Washington, a win in this game would secure us a playoff spot, so this game was all to play for (if washington win they now skip us into 3rd place). with the warm up done, i was ready, i felt so good, i like Washington's stadium and field - the field makes for some good soccer to be played.

i have space to drive forward, i take a touch forward the ball slips away from me a bit, i slid to try and retrieve it then BANG.................. i hear a whistle Bompaster is still on the floor rolling around, the ref is running over, i see him go to his pocket........ so i think to myself great, a yellow card this early on, thats going make my game hard now....... BUT NO!!! he pulls out a RED!!!! i had to double take, i thought it was wrong, a red card in the 1st 5 minutes, come on! i was so shell shocked i could not say a word. my 1st red card in my career and i have been playing since i was 8! a red card for a tackle that was supposed to be that bad that Bompaster managed to get straight back onto the field within a minute of play and play 90 minutes with out so much as a limp.
    THE FIRST 5 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that has to be some kind of record. One that i will be ashamed to have my name on the end of, but that just does not happen!

I believe all things happen for a reason, and they are there to make you stronger.... i will be chopping at the bit to get back into the side and play my last home game of the season against LA.

22. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to hear that from her about LA!

23. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Alex Scott. She is a excellent player and her challenges are typically clean and controlled. But when you go in off you feet, cleats up, miss the ball completely and clip another player in the ankle, you deserve a red card. I don't care if ithe foul occurs in the 5th minute or the 65th minute, it is still a red card. Bompastor is lucky not to have sustained a serious injury.

24. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think what Alex and Tony were upset with was Bompastor's "sophistication" in acting like she was never going to walk again. Had she gotten up off the ground ike Alex, Kelly or Lil would have I'd be willing to bet the referee would have issued a yellow...

I knew the Italians and Mexicans were "sophisticated" but I guess the French are as well...

25. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was not aware that sustaining a serious injury was a requirement for a red card.