Alex Muyl trial @ SC Freiburg

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by smithfan, Aug 6, 2011.

1. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've been to Freiburg's youth training last week and saw a player I didn't know, so I asked around who he was and his name is Alex Muyl (sp?). Well, he's apparently American and is having a trial at Freiburg's U17 team, playing up front. From what I heard, Freiburg are going to have a few more trialists and apparently some of them will be American too. Don't know the names yet.

2. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of the SuperElite Tour guys from Orange County Blue Star were staying behind for trials. They played SC Freiburg(not sure which team) and lost 3-2. Here are the highlights; scroll down for the roster.
    http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/superelite-soccer

3. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    but he was playing for Freiburg last week. Those games were in July. Maybe he impressed them.

4. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure his trial is separate from the SuperElite tour(he's too young for that team). It seems like at least a few players have gone abroad for trials after leaving Bradenton Residency. I was just trying to give you an idea of what players may be coming in on trial with that roster.

6. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ah okay. How old are the players from that SuperElite tour? I heard that one of the players is apparently a US U17 international and will arrive next week but as I said, don't know the names yet. Should know them by next week.

7. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    '92s and '93s.

8. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just filing this information here, but Alex Muyl is now playing for the Red Bulls and said on a recent Seeing Red! podcast that he has a European passport through his father, who is French.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.