Alex & Gomes (PSV) in a Holland quiz

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Sharles, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Why in hells name he never get selected for your NT?

Some stats:

PSV MotM contest:

1 Heurelho da Silva Gomes 98,0
    2 Danko Lazovic 46,0
    3 Ibrahim Afellay 43,0
    4 Kenneth Perez 38,0
    5 Timmy Simons 37,0

Dutch Eredivisie player of the year ranking (12 feb 08)

1. Heurelho Gomes (PSV) 6,83 (24)
    2. Ibrahim Afellay (PSV) 6,75 (16)
    3. Danijel Pranjic (SC Heerenveen) 6,70 (23)
    4. Michael Bradley (SC Heerenveen) 6,65 (23)
    5. Piet Velthuizen (Vitesse) 6,63 (24)
    6. Orlando Engelaar (FC Twente) 6,59 (22)
    7. Gerald Sibon (SC Heerenveen) 6,58 (24)
    8. Timmy Simons (PSV) 6,52 (23)
    9. Gio van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord) 6,48 (22)
    10. Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax) 6,43 (23)

He's praised by almost every dutch football player, dutch football coach, duch football commentator and dutch football legends as the best goalkeeper in the world. Fans from other teams even say that PSV is FC Gomes.

Some quotes from players or coaches about Gomes after a match

"We didn't lose to PSV. We lost to Gomes" (Aad de Mos, Vitesse)

"Gomes is a worldclass keeper! He will save every ball. You can only score when you aim balls at the top corner with a speed of 130 km/h" (Ronald Koeman, PSV)

"If PSV had a normal goalkeeper we would have won with 4 or 5 -1" (Bradley, sc Heerenveen)

"You know they have Gomes, so we can't win" (Sibon, sc Heerenveen)

"You can shoot but you will never score" (Polak, Sparta)

And there are many, many more.. Believe me.

Coen Dillen and Willy van der Kuylen are the only players who have their own statue in front of the PSV Stadion, Gomes is getting véry véry close to get the third one. He's a living legend, but unfortunately not respected in Brazil...

Why is Gomes never selected for your NT team, why??

2. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Let Mengao 86 explain (a Julio Cesar lover)! Well, Gomes HAS played for us - both under Dunga and under Ricardo Gomes.

3. Oporto

Oporto New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Personally i think Julio Cesar is a really good goalkeeper as well but i have to say Gomes should be selected anyhow. You cant tell me Brazil has more goalkeepers that are better than Gomes at the moment (and i already doubt Julio Cesar is better). I understand you guys dont watch Dutch football that often but Gomes is probably the most respected player in the whole league.

4. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    1.) Dunga is a F*** idiot
    2.) Gomes should be selected but should be 2nd choice to JC.
    3.) Julio Cesar is imo a top 3 goalie in the world and if it wasn't for his saves brazil would be in dead last in WCQ.

5. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I like gomes but until he most to a top tier league; he should be behind JC. He is definitely better than doni.

6. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Again saved us today...

7. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    [​IMG]
    Save against Helsingborg..

8. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    PSV.NETWERK.TO

REACTIONS:

- What a great match of Gomes! I think Gomes is after Casillas (who's currently genious at Real Madrid) the best goalkeeper in Europe

- What an hero, without him we would have lost with big numbers. We must be happy with such goalkeeper, and a fantastic club-people who doesn't to everything for money

- Nothing less then a living legend. With Gomes PSV will always battle for the title and PSV need to do EVERYTHING to keep him as long as possible. 15m euro's is nice, but the value Gomes had for PSV isn't discribable in money.

If I was an Ajax fan Gomes would have been my wet dream.

- Big Hero!
    A goalkeeper from an unbelievable level! He's underrated, but we're so lucky he is. This is by far the best goalkeeper in the Eredivisie and almost the best in the world. Buffon and Casillas are together with Gomes the best in the world. But Gomes has a PSV-hart and will stay here some more years!

- If this guy stays his entire carreer at PSV, PSV should to think seriously about a statue, WHAT AN HERO!

- I thought the same, because their is still place left between Coen Dillen and Willy van der Kuylen. but if he's stay a few years longer I think it's enough to get one!

- Was as strong as a house, it's a pleasure to see this guy!

_ I've seen a few impossible saves yesterday. Great to say that deadly face from Sibon to Gomes after he saved again a impossible shot as it was a simple back-pass. Also the shot from Beerens, how he managed to save that from one meter distance, unbelievable :eek:
    I just don't understand why he's still at PSV. But I don't care, let the big teams continue with their very deep sleep

- If you don't see that Gomes is one of the best goalkeepers in the last ten years you don't sleep, but you're in a very deep coma!

- I've said it 10 times before, as long Gomes plays at PSV we will be the league champion

- Give him a contract with no end, it's not normal how good this guy is!

- Pff, I already know it will be a tears party if ever say goodbye, what a fantastic guy and a unbelievable goalkeeper. I don't care how much we need to pay for him, but please do care very very good for him so he never gets a reason to leave!

- (Someone who "works" for PSV) They will ask me somethimes: Who's is the best Brazilain goalkeeper, Helton, Julio Cesar, Dida or Gomes" Me: "For sure Julio Cesar". "What is the reason PSV becomes Champion ever year?". Me: "Because of a very important Belgium player on the midfield". "Who is the best goalkeeper in Holland?". Me: "For sure that tall Dutch gay from that club in Amsterdam, and then there's this young guy from Vitesse, you should take a look"

Don't make sleeping dogs awake....

- I think he's the most populair PSV player in our history!, he even defeats Luc Nilis!
    What a fantastic guy, loved by friend and enemy with a big "red and white" hart!

- Tomorrow our big hero turns 27!

- I've said it often but I want to say it again. I thinf Gomes is getting a status in Eindhoven that's impossible to describe. When you get older you normally never turns into a fan of a certain player, but for Gomes I'm very happy to make an exception. It's a long time ago I really was a "fan" from a certain player. It's not only thanks to his unbelievable qualities as goalkeepr, but his commitment with the club and supporters. I hope we can enjoy him for a long time!. And I think he will get the same status in the Netherlands as he has in Eindhoven. I don't know a single fan from another team who doesn't like Gomes.

- I think Gomes is a Hero! This is a man with PSV in his hart! If I read this I almost need to cry. Gomes deserves a statue!

- We need to enjoy this period very much!. He's sooo important for PSV. Not only in the field but only off the field. If he seriously stays till 2013 he deserved his statue between Coen and Willy!

- (Message that he wants to stay til 2013)

- What a person, what a goalkeeper, what a hero! _0_

- I'm curious to see what Gomes does if Gomes or Barcelona shows their interest. But if he really stays for the next 5 seasons he has the same status as van der Kuijlen en Coen Dillen!

- Gomes is already a hero, if he indeed stays the next 5 seasons he deserved two statue's. Fantastic Guy, Unbelievable goalkeeper!

- The biggest PSVer all time is Hiddink, Gomes can be number second!

- He already rejected some big Italian teams, even Milan. This guy has a fantastic personality and is one of the few players in the world who really loves his club.

- That statue really needs to come next season. That really must be. How fantastic would that be. Gomes deserves that!

What a hero!

- What an hero he is! It would be really fantastic if he stays till 2013, but I'm curious what PSV will do if their comes a fantastic offer? Will PSV bully him out of the same (as with Kone) or will they try to keep him.

- Seriously, if PSV does that I'm prepared to stop my season-card for PSV
    Hopefully that will not happen, he has everything: Quality, love for the club, ... , ...
    Before we will get a "new" player who will be as populair as Gomes is we will be 25 years futher...

- We will know what he's meant for PSV when he leaves, I don't want to think about that!

- Normally I will say these reactions are quite exaggerated. Because you can always find a replacement. See the fantastic players we've got and replaced them with new talents who turned into fantastic players

- But Gomes is a goalkeeper, you don't see a goalkeeper with his qualities often. His number of players who's capable to replace Afellay for example is much bigger then the number of players who are capable to replace Gomes. IF someone is capable to Gomes, I even doubt that..

That's why I hope his words are true if Gomes or Barcelona will come and make a fantastic offer...

- goose bumps, evertime Gomes jumps before the match and the fans makes some noice at that moment. Singing after that moment... This should never dissappear...

- PSV with or without Gomes is the difference of a title/CL or suptop/Uefa Cup. I still get nightmare if I see some old matches with Waterreus in the goal....

- If PSV manages to let Gomes leave, the whole direction and management should *** off. Thanks to Gomes we where able to play in the CL every year.

- (Interview with Gomes)

- What a guy, I'm breathless. Super, super, super, super guy!

- Fantastic interview!. How proud we can be with a guy as Gomes
    btw - Gomes. CONGRATULATE WITH YOUR BIRTHDAY!

- Congrats Gomes, hope to see you in our goal for many more years
    PSV - GOMES - PSV

- (More congrats...)

- Dunga is blind!, unbelievable....

- Sounds harsh for Gomes, but maybe it's good for us that Dunga has no eyes.. Or else I think he would play for another team in no-time

AJAX.NETWERK.TO

REACTIONS

- Gomes does again his job, but why 4! times...

- Score fast 1-0, get out-played, Gomes saved everything as usual and score the 2-0 from a counter. PSV's usual scenario

- Gomes again fantastic unfortunately...

- Gomes is a goalkeeper to get crazy from as opponnent...

- My god, Gomes deserves a statue man... But it's 1-1 currently..

- You can say that PSV = Gomes. It isnt't strange to say that PSV without Gomes will not win the title. Unfortunately the big teams are still sleaping, Stekelenburg can go to the Spurs and Gomes??

- The stupid thing is that Gomes signed till 2013 and doesn't want to leave....

- I'm still hoping the scouts of the big teams get out of their coma, why is Gomes still at PSV...

- Good to see that Afellay is praising Gomes. that guy is winning titles for them and deserves a statue if he leaves...

- It's time for Gomes to leave, curious to see how good PSV is then...

- Unbelievable , Unbelievable how good Gomes is. If their is one player who deserved to win the player of the year it's him...

- The draw can be given to one player -> Gomes.. Without him PSV is a relegation candidate....

- It's unbelievable that guy is still at PSV, everbody was a little football knowledge should see that he's one of the best goalkeepers in the world. I don't understand why not a single team made a "offer that you can't refuge. That guy earned more then mountains of gold for PSV...

- Undeserved draw, with a "normal" goalkeeper you would have lost with 1-5...

9. Oporto

Oporto New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    We get the point paganitzu!
    Please stop praising that guy, before you know you're waking up big teams in big leagues ;) I'm just hoping he stays at PSV for another 3 or years, he's a true hero. Both on and off the pitch!

10. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I haven't post in this thread for 10 days :rolleyes: