Alex Boucicaut Hurricane Relief Fund

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Bethany, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Just saw this and I don't believe it has been mentioned. So if you all have any old equipment....

http://chicago.fire.mlsnet.com/MLS/...ent_id=17705&vkey=news_chf&fext=.jsp&team=chf

Help Alexandre Boucicaut assist fellow Haitians through Hurricane Relief Fund
    Chicago Fire and Haitian national team midfielder Alexandre Boucicaut is spearheading a relief effort for victims of the hurricanes that have destroyed much of Haiti over the past two months. In conjunction with Illinois Youth Soccer, the Boucicaut Hurricane Relief Fund will be collecting soccer equipment and monetary donations to rebuild the Caribbean nation's youth soccer programs and provide relief to the island's beleaguered residents. After donating one of his MLS paychecks to help out his friends and family back home, Boucicaut is hoping to raise greater awareness of the difficult conditions in the country after the natural disasters caused heavy damage and killed more than 1,600 people. Boucicaut will be traveling back to his native Haiti in December and will personally distribute the collected goods to youth soccer programs and the national youth soccer academy, while monetary donations will go to general relief efforts through non-profit organizations. The distribution event will provide a treat for Haitian children, as the 22-year-old soccer star enjoys the popularity of a national hero in the small Caribbean country. Addresses to send both soccer equipment and monetary donations can be found below. The deadline for the receipt of all donations has been set for Dec. 1.

New and gently used equipment can be shipped to:
    Boucicaut Hurricane Relief Fund
    c/o Illinois Youth Soccer
    939 Industrial Drive
    Bensenville, IL 60106

Monetary donations can be sent to:
    Boucicaut Hurricane Relief Fund
    c/o Illinois Youth Soccer
    1655 S. Arlington Heights Rd.
    Arlington Heights, IL 60005
    (Checks can be made to Illinois Youth Soccer with "Boucicaut Hurricane Relief Fund" in the memo line.)

2. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    [Bump]

How is this going so far?

Is "Bucky" still at this, or has the drive ended?

3. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    As Kenn would say "Reading is Fundamental."

From the first post:

"The deadline for the receipt of all donations has been set for Dec. 1."

4. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Very well played, sir. I noticed that after I posted. [stupid beer]

I don't mind bumping this thread up, anyway...

5. Izzy

Izzy New Member

May 4, 2004
    it's nothing but positive things for the Fire, He is making name for the Fire throughout the Haitian Community. i can tell you every single Haitian love the Chicago Fire.

everybody i meet tell me, they are rooting for the Chicago Fire because Bucky plays for them.

6. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003

I have equipment that I want to donate for the longest. Is that program still looking for equipment?