Alert : MSNBC Poll

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Daksims, Aug 2, 2002.

1. photar74

photar74 New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    West Philly
    Do you think we've gone far enough?

I do.

We should save ourselves for future poll stuffing.

Maybe we should have a poll stuffing board.

2. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    I think we've gone far enough. We certainly need a break before anyone goes blind. If we somehow fall behind, then we'll return to stuffing this ballot. But for now, kudos to everyone who voted, whether it was only once or several hundred times. We shold definitely save up for future stuffing. But I'm not sure about a poll-stuffing board. That would make it easier for people to get suspicious. Plus, I think it's better off passing these polls to other forums. This poll was in a total of four different forums.

3. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What seems likely is that the author stuffed the poll for nascar at the very beginning. How else can it be explained that nascar started out with 60% or so and has not added any votes since the start? What this proves is that we can stuff the ballot better than the author.

4. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    I'm not sure that's necessarily true. The article came out one week ago, and the links to the article on msnbc are, as far as I can see, not there anymore. The last several thousand votes have pretty much all come from soccer supporters. So, maybe NASCAR supporters stuffed the ballots in the beginning and don't care anymore. More likely, I think the links to the artcicle disappeared a few days ago, and we are left with only the bigsoccer crowd. Not that that's a bad thing...

5. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually there is still a link to McCullough's column on MSN.

It's about 1/3 of the way down on MSN's Baseball Front Page, under the section "Baseball's Labor Situation"

Right now Soccer's at 47% to NASCAR's 32%.

6. martinmfg

martinmfg New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Miami University, Ohio
    I concur. My eyes are fried, and I've gotten no where on my research for school. I'll happily start stuffing again for the next poll, but until this one starts to slip, I think I'll take a little vacation!

7. skyforge

skyforge New Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Tucson, Arizona
    We're talking about a prayer before the race! Most of the people associated with NASCAR are Christians and sometimes Christians want to pray together. I am a tolerant non-christian who doesn't find this disrespectful.

It's not like they're blocking the gates to the infidels, making sure they devote their lives to Jesus before letting them into the grandstands.

It's just a harmless invocation.

Anyone, no matter what his beliefs, is welcome to buy a ticket to a NASCAR race or watch on on television. I don't see any evidence to the contrary, nor do I understand how the invocation can make some people feel unwelcome. (I'll admit, though, that I don't really understand religious feelings, so perhaps I'm just more tolerant than others.:) )

Here's what I find reprehensible: First, that an extremely small number of thin-skinned, easily offended people sometimes stick their noses in other people's business; second, the objects of their protests sometimes cave in to their demands.

I'd hate to live in a world where nobody ever does or says anything that might possibly upset someone else--nobody would ever do or say anything.

Since this post has gone way off topic, I'll just leave it at that.

8. peteo

peteo Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Daly Citay, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    correction,

soccer 48%

NASCAR 31%

:D

9. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A do-it-yourself signature. Cool!

Now all you need to do is figure out how to come up with a do-it-yourself avatar! :)

10. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Nearly 8,200 votes -- and soccer is at 49%!

Unbelievable.

These pollsters now know that we are stuffing ballots and for future polls they will not have soccer as a category.

11. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Who's to say the NASCAR fans didn't stuff this ballot?

12. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Time for us to start adding a few votes for the NBA and extreme sports! ;)

13. kwikstah

kwikstah New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    The people at MSNBC know that these polls aren't scientific and shouldn't be taken seriously. They're probably glad that you're visiting the site.

14. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer reaches 50%!

Take that "Mumblypeg" Deford!

15. italchacao

italchacao New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin TX

it was a tongue-in-cheek advice

16. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Did msnbc change things? When I vote 10 times in a row, I only get credit for one vote. Anybody else notice this?

17. togneter

togneter Member

Mar 30, 2000
    Crazy. One vote? In a poll?

UNAMERICAN!

Lousy commies.

:rolleyes:

18. norfcath

norfcath New Member

Aug 17, 2000
    Philadelphia
    You read my mind!

19. martinmfg

martinmfg New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Miami University, Ohio
    Did anyone see the star ledger today?? Last time I checked the NJ website, the Allstar game was around 71%

20. Checked it this morning. Great job everyone. It printed 73.9% for MLS all star game. I was laughing my ass off. I wonder what they thought at the star ledger?

21. jotadia

jotadia New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Miami
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I cleared all cookies thru "TOOLS", "OPTIONS" in Internet Explorer.

I will try again.

JJ

22. jotadia

jotadia New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Miami
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally figured this thing out, thanks