Alert : MSNBC Poll

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Daksims, Aug 2, 2002.

1. martinmfg

martinmfg New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Miami University, Ohio
    I think just over 50% would be good (i.e. 52). This will give soccer a realistic lead, and should make an impression on those that may think soccer doesn't have a pressence in the US. We'll just have to be sure to maintain that level once stuffing has been completed. That is, any drop, and we throw a couple hundred more votes at the ballot.

2. nowhere

nowhere New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Oh god, you're a loser. Of course I did the same thing.

3. CSheard

CSheard New Member

And of course, you don't have to delete all your cookies if you don't want to (if you don't want to lose all your "save my username" info for other sites) - just the "Cookie:[your e-mail name]@msnbc.com" and "Cookie:[your e-mail name]@msn.com" in your temporary internet files.

4. martinmfg

martinmfg New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Miami University, Ohio
    Ahh yes.. There is a subtle science behind ballot stuffing. I'm all about efficiency. Does that make me a loser??? Well... I guess so :(

5. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Up to 44%! Great job stuffing the ballots! Of course, all this proves is that we're more computer literate than NASCAR fans. No surprise there. :D

6. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    It does record all your votes this way, but the msnbc poll only re-tallies things every minute. It added in all my votes when I was pretty sure I was voting alone for a bit.

Of course, it sounds like you already found your own efficient method of ballot stuffing.

7. Guys since we are ahead of this one. There is another poll that needs help. It's about this past weekends sporting events and it includes the mls all star game. It's in last place so lets go to work. Voting ends at 6.

http://www.nj.com/sports/

8. JRstriker12

JRstriker12 New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Falls Church, VA
    Soccer is at 44%. Keep it up! We have to beat out Nascar.

9. These results will be printed in the star ledger tomorrow so everyone will see the results in the sports section. By the way, the Star ledger covers the metros. Lets show them theres alot of interest in the mls.

10. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    what the ************ is a mumblety peg? i don't recall ever playing or having heard of a game called mumbledy peg. methinks frank deford has been abusing too many mind-altering substances again.

11. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    This is awesome. We're winning in both polls. Soccer is at 44% and NASCAR at 34% at the MSNBC. In the Star Ledger poll, we're winning with 60%.

12. CSheard

CSheard New Member

Mumblety Peg involves throwing a jack-knife around. Not exactly a game played very often by today's children.

13. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Now it's 69% - in first by a long shot!

14. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't want to stuff the ballot TOO much or otherwise it's obvious.

15. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    The link didn't take me to a polling site! What gives?
    (MSNBC) I voted at the other site: MLS 69% when I left.

16. CrazyF.C.

CrazyF.C. New Member

Jun 15, 2001
    Washington D.C.
    sweet irony that the reference came from a baseball fan.

17. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    I just voted on this and soccer is at 69%.

18. italchacao

italchacao New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin TX
    71%

you guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

19. skyforge

skyforge New Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Tucson, Arizona
    Hardly.

I'm an atheist and a NASCAR fan. So what if they want to pray before the race? I just ignore it, remain respectful of other people's beliefs and then enjoy the race.

And if a few misguided non-christians are offended, NASCAR isn't going to miss them.

20. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Why should we be? We've taken enough bashing already. Now it's time for some fun. This ballot-stuffing is fun.

21. togneter

togneter Member

Mar 30, 2000
    Your using logic and being rational...I say you last one more week on these boards.

22. togneter

togneter Member

Mar 30, 2000
    Oh yeah, you showed him!

Well, you showed him that 12 fanatics can stuff a poll with votes and then use their fabricated results as "proof" that he's an idiot. That's something...right?

23. photar74

photar74 New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    West Philly
    Umm...

isn't identifying your entire league with a single religion a prime example of NOT being respectful of other people's beliefs?

And your comment, "who needs people who are botherd by this," (paraphrased) would fit nicely into the view you would find most reprehensible--those who feel people of only a certain religion are welcome watching their sport.

24. photar74

photar74 New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    West Philly
    He doesn't know how the poll was stuffed.

It would probably be a more effective method to keep him from writing badly about soccer than 100 angry emails ever would.

Poll stuffing is indeed effective--it gets people on all-star teams, allows certain games to be featured on sportscenter, etc. Also, its fun! Sort of like giving the finger to all the people who voted for NASCAR in a poll conducted and skewed by NBC to demonstrate the rising stock of their new sports signee.

25. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    7500 votes counted
    45% soccer to NECKCAR's 33 behold the power.