Alejandro Bedoya signs with swedish Örebro SK

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by david_c, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DontJustStareAtIt

Jul 2, 2011
  2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
  3. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    C'mon, you think Bedoya would have made that big of a difference?
    He probably wouldn't have played anyway.

They are negotiating here. 30 days left. This is hard money we are talking about, so they want to get it right.

4. DontJustStareAtIt

Jul 2, 2011
    It's not only Bedoya. They're nickel-and-diming stalling every transfer and should've been done with it weeks ago and not during this economically vital CL-qualification rounds. Too many overrated scots too, but that's another subject.

5. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rangers has like...no money. Not so much that they're trying to nickel and dime anyone as it is they can hardly afford players. Hence their propensity to try and get players on the extremely low.

6. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    Bedoya interview:

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks beamish. Bedoya also says in that interview that he does not think Bradley lost the locker room.

/USMNT threadjack.

8. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    I guess I should have quoted a Rangers/Örebro relevant bit instead, but the Bradley part seemed more interesting. Here's something on the possibility of a summer transfer:

Someone else can quote a relevant passage on one of the USMNT boards, if they feel like it.

9. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LRc532Sffg"]‪Gefle - Örebro 0-1 Goal‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Bedoya played the full game today in the 1-0 win against Gefle. He was involved in the goal as he stole the ball by the cornerflag and took a shot which caused the rebound that his teammates could score from. Overall Örebro wasn't very impressive so they are probably happy with the three points which brings them alot closer to midtable and further away from the relegation zone.

10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Can't understand why Rangers are throwing such lowball numbers at him. Just get him already.

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Ally will keep his eye on the post box for the arrival of your cheque.

The supporters thank you.

12. DontJustStareAtIt

Jul 2, 2011
    No Klinsmann call up = no UK working permit?

13. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    During the pregame program for todays game Stuart Baxter (who currently works for swedish TV) said that he had received a phone call from the guy handling Bedoyas work permit case. Baxter recommended that Bedoya should be approved and apparantly they had a very in depth discussion about how Bedoya plays in different formations etc. So this at least shows that the process is very thorough.

14. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know he's played and coached all over the place, but Baxter's made quite a name for himself in the Nordic countries, hasn't he?

15. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bedoya went 90 today as Orebro won 4-0 against Hacken.

I don't know if he assisted on any of the goals.

16. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    I'm not sure about the other countries but he is very popular here in Sweden. Probably well deserved too as he's done well as a manager over here, with taking AIK to the Champions League ten years ago as probably the biggest highlight.

He didn't. I only watched parts of the game so I'm not sure but I think he was playing more defensively. The commentators also talked about how Örebros tactics today prevented him from making forward runs. Seems those tactics worked though because from what I saw Häcken couldn't get their usually very dangerous attacks going at all.

17. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did he literally say that, or did he say 'Fan ta dig'? Or did he say "your momma smells like lutfisk"?

18. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bedoya tweeted something about liking playing defensive midfield today.

19. Pennybridge

Pennybridge New Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Orebro SK
    The team usually plays with one defensive and two offensive midfielders but changed that at yesterday since Häcken is the team that has scored most this year. Bedoya had one of the more defensive roles, but he still continued to be part in the offense as well. I think he had a "hockey assist" to the third goal.

20. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    I just read that the work permit has been approved and that Rangers will make a new bid.

21. Balls of Fire

Balls of Fire Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Like the USA needs more of those.

22. brianasher

brianasher Member

Sep 22, 2005
    KY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
  24. INKRO

INKRO Member+

Jul 28, 2011
    By now I'm pretty sure every single US player can play CM, we ought to try Howard as a CM sometime. :D

25. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Örebro newspaper NA reveal this evening that Rangers has put in a new even lower bid of about $230k which Örebro rejected again.

The guy handling player sales for Örebro comments:
    "We're positive to releasing Bedoya, but instead of increasing their offer they have decreased it. I'm confused. I'm not sure what Rangers are doing. We have rejected two previous bids and now they make another one that's even lower. Rangers say to the media that that they want Bedoya and want to have him able to play in Europa League next week, but they are not showing it. They are sending some strange signals, especially to Bedoya himself. We have no reason to give players away. A higher finish in the Allsvenskan table gives us more money in bonuses then what Rangers are offering to pay."