Alecko Article

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by michael greene, Sep 30, 2003.

1. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    interesting little piece. Having nothing to do with Alecko, I find this paragraph amusing, especially since it is in a NY newspaper...

2. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    The Times' coverage of soccer is a puzzle to me. I like this kind of mid-week article, but on Sunday I couldn't find a single word about the United - Metros game. They had a couple of stories about the WWC, and must have thought that was the soccer budget for the day. But there was an important match at home -- and not a word. They did have stories about the NBA, whose season hasn't started yet, and fishing.

3. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one ever said the New York Times isn't biased.

4. michael greene

Oct 31, 2002
    Reading the Times for its sports coverage is like watching UPN for its high quality TV shows. :)

5. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    It was wire copy in the edition I saw up here. I'm not sure where their other writers were but Jere Longman (and possibly George Vescey too) was in Columbus for USA-North Korea.

If the NYT sports editors were as good as the writers I might actually buy the paper. But four or five pages in the back of the business section during the week is really awful.