Alcorcón vs. Real Madrid | Copa del Rey | 10-27-09 [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by EstebanGranero23, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Re: Alcoron vs. Real Madrid | Copa del Rey | 10-27-09 [R]

And when we do we will spell the opponent's name correctly. :p

3. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed by Pellegrini and his whole approach. After the embarassaring defeat to the weakest AC Milan team in the last 10 years, he claimed that this team was "still getting to know each other" but is just me or is constant and a bit unnecessary rotation not helping this team gell any faster.

I understand that we have a large squad and that everyone needs some playing time but there has to be some consistancy. Every week we go out with a brand new XI and each week we struggle against the weakest of teams because the players on the pitch are not familiar with each other. We've sailed clear in the few early league matches but that was mainly due to Ronaldo but once he was out, we got taken apart by Sevilla and AC Milan.

It's early in the league and things COULD change by judging by how things are going, we are heading for another early knock-out in the Champions League. We cannot take on worthy European teams. Anyone trying to claim other-wise is delusional.

Edit: One last thing. Granero and Xabi Alonso should NOT take corners or set pieces. They are both terrible at it. I can not count the number of corners we have wasted.

/Rant

4. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I think this is a game where we could actually win.

5. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Though I understand everyone's frustration in this team, I am starting to worry about the dangerous trend that we have been developing in regards to the team & managers.

It would seem that most of us are willing to give the manager time but start to complain after a rough patch early on. It's like we say something but mean the other at the same time. Almost like lying amongst ourselves.

Some of us of course want to see improvements to the Madrid game on a game by game basis. It's like the team HAS to do a 1-10 improvement on a game to game basis. 1st game-1, 2nd game-2, 3rd game-3, 4th game 4 & so on. Which in reality is an impossibility irregardless of the quality of opponents.

By the time the team gets to for ex. a game 7 but we're still performing on a level 4, the manager then gets the blame for not motivating the players wrong tactics, etc.

Afterwards the manager comes under heavy pressure & makes stupid mistakes leading to his sacking.

Next manager, rinse, repeat.

I would love for us to have a manager for at least 2 or 3 years as long as the manager doesn't seriously scr#w the team up (finishing outside CL spots, failing to get out of group stages in CL, etc.)

Yeah I know, It doesn't work that way in Madrid. ;)

/rant

6. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Excellent post. Reppalicious.Must spread...

7. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is a very positive interview, I thought he's been very positive this season,I hope him and Drenthe start. I would like to see Raul rest, but I'm not too sure any of our forwards are fit yet ( Other than Acuna of course).

8. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, I would like to see VdV and Drenthe start this one. Rekindle the withering Dutch flame at Real!

9. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    FC, your thoughts also brought a couple of things to my mind.

About rotations: I do feel they are essential for overall team health and understand that often-changing lineups this season could be in part due to a rotation/rest policy and injuries. Also, you have to consider is this a case of Pellegrini trying something in practice, but finding out during a game that it doesn't work. As in "Kaka won't play wide in a game, he naturally drifts to the center" and therefore needing a different player who will fill that hole out wide? It's early in the season. I'd be damned pissed if we tried to make that change in January, after we've gone half a season with a concrete lineup. Now is the time to make strategic changes and find out which player will help accomplish those goals. Yes, there are pros and cons to the way he's used different players this year. I do think he's smart enough to figure it out, though.

About expectations: Pros and cons there, too. When we spend a jaw-dropping amount on player transfers, I do expect results this season. If we hadn't spent that amount, I wouldn't have expectations of a CL final appearance or winning the league. If the team had started slowly, it would be more normal for a newly constructed team. But we had those wins and now it's expected that we will continue to win. That's a lot of pressure on a new team, no matter what they cost.

10. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i would love to see marcos alonso play/subbed in at LB, he looks interesting and this could be a good game to test the waters.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

It will be tough, but we have to work well and stay focused. Then we might make it.

12. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Something wrong with this thread. 4X4's comment isn't showing.

Edit: Only showed after I posted :p

13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Subscribed...Should be a strange starting eleven, hopefully with more than a few youth teamers. We really need to stay as healthy as we can right now. Hopefully Garay, Metz, Gago, and Arbeloa are ready to play.

14. GiorgioMalteser

GiorgioMalteser New Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We really need to win the next few games to boost the morale up for El Classico. The Ronaldo injury serves as a lesson. We actually played with one attacker last Saturday so it was of no surprise the match ended in a draw. Not that we played against a good team mind you. There must always be a replacement available at all times. Hell, we just started the season and have all these injured players already. WTF ???

Lets all hope things start clicking at Madrid so we can give our hearts out to our Heroes :D

15. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Welcome to the board. :)

16. GiorgioMalteser

GiorgioMalteser New Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank you 9Qui. Lets all hope it will be a great and fruitfull season for us Madridistas :)

17. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. toslat

toslat New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would rather we dont risk the big players. Have them on the bench just in case.

19. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree for the most part but I'd like to see Kaka start so he can get going scoring goals.

20. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    we knew what we was getting when we signed him. Last year alone when pelli was at villareal, he played a different starting 11 an amazing 34 times. Thats nearly a different team a game through the season.

i know what your saying, we do need to pick a starting 11 which will remain, and then build from that.

i dont know if he is still getting to know what his main 11 will be, up until january. After that, start to pickup consistancy

21. stratocaster

stratocaster Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Edinburgh
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    After what happened with Real Union (if someone forgot last year :mad:) I think we should go out all guns blazing (well that isn't much lately) and resolve the game in the first half. A setback would further add to a bad team dynamic. I'd say It's crucial for now to get a little tranquility back, and overconfidence in this match could cost us greatly.

22. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  23. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
  24. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Dudek
    Arbs Metz Garay Drenthe
    Guti Gago Diarra Vaart
    Ruud Benz​

Seems pretty straight forward? Is Ruud fully fit to start though?

25. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like that Arbeloa will finally be getting minutes.

Dudek
    Arbeloa--Metzelder--Garay--Marcelo
    Gago --Diarra

Guti--VDV/Drenthe

Raul(Ruud to sub with Raul for the 2nd half)--Benzema