Albright Who?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by andygus, Jul 12, 2004.

1. andygus

andygus Member

Dec 13, 2001
    No. Va.
    Have not seen this mentioned yet, but thought it was hysterical when Rongen was telling some story about playing golf and had to ask, --What is the name of the guy, plays right back for LA? An All-Star?-- Dave Johnson had to tell him, "Chris Albright."

Are you kidding me? He only coached him for 2 1/2 years! Did he really forget his name, have a temporary brain freeze, or just not want to mention his name?

2. owendylan

owendylan Member

May 30, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    I guess your sarcasm detector was on a low setting. . .

3. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia

I noticed that too. I guess we the fans aren't the only ones who'd like to forget about him. :D

4. somebody

somebody New Member

Feb 18, 2004
    I would be reluctant to call what Rongen did "coaching"

5. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but he does have something that all but 2 current MLS coaches don't have on their resume, regardless if he was 'responsible' for it or not.

6. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Not to nitpick, but unfortunately it's three...Bradley, Gansler, and (ugh) Sigi.

That said, who's Chris Albright?

7. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    It's four if you count Sigi as two people.

8. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Sigi has to be human to be counted as "people" so then number is back down again.

9. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    you "ugh" for Sigi and NOT for Bradley?

10. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    That was before he sunk to his present state. Should he win again I think he'll get a lot more than an "ugh".

As far as Sigi, if we are going to count him as "human" then I believe he takes up the space of 3 or 4 people. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah ... fvck Notbright just to keep it on topic :D

-dave

11. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Although Bradley's team beat us, they were a good team, played well, and were better on that day. Sometimes that's just how soccer goes, I can deal with it and respect that (although his antics with the Metros make me wonder...).

Sigi, on the other hand, has spawned the hideous aberration that barely passes for soccer. It's marginally effective, but it's ugly (even uglier than KC, if any of you Wizards fans' lives are so empty that you all are still hanging around here), and Sigi deserves no credit for hoping like hell that his team can figure out a way to keep themselves sufficiently organized until Ruiz scores.