Albright on the 2006 WC Roster!

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by warmkjos, Apr 18, 2006.

1. warmkjos

warmkjos Member

Mar 29, 2002
    United States
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Albright should definetly be on the 23 man World Cup roster. He is the most in form US defender right now, he is the best header in MLS right now, and he can cover for any defensive position.

I think he might sneak into the roster as Ralston is in bad form and might be injured. I think it would be more beneficial to the team to bring another defender versus a third string right midfielder (Ralston would be behind Donovan and Dempsey for RM).

Albright has also been better than Hejduk this year, both in attack and defense.

Just my opinion, I hope he makes it instead of Ralston, but then I don't think we should take O'Brien (though most people think he is a lock).

2. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Yes!

Yippie!

Wooooooooohooooooo!

:)

3. delarge101

delarge101 Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you!

Albright has Hejduk's engine, McBride's strength, and Landon's tenacity.

He can't dribble worth a damn, but he's a big body back there. I'd even take him over Cherrydolo.

4. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    No wonder it says: "Club: Galaxy"

5. amesfirequakes

Sep 22, 2001
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, can you hook me up with whatever you're smoking? :cool:

6. WarriorSoccer

WarriorSoccer Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Wait just one second!

When does Albright play defense?

7. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    So, you think we should not take JOB, and we should take Albright.....:confused:

8. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's also one of the most in-form strikers we have right now, too

9. Soccerprep

Soccerprep Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Lafayette, LA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    instead of albright and job maybe bruce should just take kenny arena. lol. albright better than dolo, what are you smoking?

10. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    July 2006.. Chris Albright seals the FIFA Golden Boot with 3 headers in the WC Final!! :p

[​IMG]

11. blue32828

blue32828 New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    orlando
    Can I buy some pot from you?

12. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Are we talking Madeline Albright?

13. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Not a bad idea.. She might just give the Italians a scare:

[​IMG]

14. socrne1

socrne1 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 12, 2003
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that goal he almost scored on Saturday night was incredible it was a rocket...right at his own freakin keeper! Get real! Oh yeah I will take some of that stuff your smoking also, better yet I will bring you back some from Amsterdam after Germany.

15. PasadenaBlitz

PasadenaBlitz New Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Funniest BS post ever... rep.

Actually I would take him over Hejduk simply for his versatility. Striker turned defender, who can also put in an effort as right winger. Don't know if I would have taken him over Spector, and definitely wouldn't have taken him over Dolo or JOB, but with Spector's shoulder I take him.

16. 10101010101

10101010101 New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Los Angeles
    And the plane crashes on the way to Germany!!

17. I have said it many times here... Albright is good about 95% of the time, but the other 5% he is AWFUL!!! He makes the most bone-headed plays of any USMNT player I have ever seen, except maybe for Agoos. This season was going well in terms of his mental stability until the strike on his own net on Saturday. What the heck was he thinking? He is a total gamble to play in a competition like the WC. His chances of scoring are about the same as him causing a goal by making a ridiculously inept defensive play. That said, he is playing his way onto the roster although he won't get much PT behind 'Dolo or (yikes!) Heydude, who Arena still loves. I actually could see him as an alternate behind Pope Boca Gibbs Gooch Dolo Heydude and Lewis, but I think we will lose someone before Germany.

18. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    The first three comments on this thread or some of the most ridiculous ever posted on BS.

However, this post may be the funniest I have ever read. The idea that Albright is in the same league as Dolo or JOB is laughable.

19. DCUSA

DCUSA Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, what the heck was that? It was one of the strangest things I've ever seen. He really cranked it, too. Just too weird.

20. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Albright sucks and doesn't belong on the USMNT. There is no versatility there, it's only a guy who was a forward who was relegated to a midfielders positions who was relegated to a defenders position where he will soon be relegated to an A league team.............however, he's good enough for the Galaxy he can stay back there.

21. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK
    Let's get something straight here. I'm a Galaxy fan, but I'm not crazy enough to think Albright is better than Dolo. He can't even carry his jockstrap. I'm thinking we can squeeze him on the plane to Germany, just as long as he cuts that afro (a.k.a. Justin Timberlake).