albright back

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by jtmunchie, Jul 1, 2005.

1. jtmunchie

jtmunchie New Member

Sep 5, 2004
  2. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent timing. With Marshall and Umana gone and Beniditson injured, we really need him.

That being said, I hope we don't rush him onto the field until he's fully fit. I'd rather give him a couple more weeks of rehab now and have him available for the late season road-trip from hell and the playoffs instead of rushing him back and seeing him get injured again.

3. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    With all the misdirection and letdowns we've had on the boards lately (Naldo Traded! aka We Should Trade Naldo; Tyrone Traded! aka We Should Trade Tyrone), let me be the first to say that I'm so ********in glad the title of this thread is a statement and not just a hopeful lead-in.

Welcome back, Chrissy. Can you move back to forward?

4. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, how bad does Naldo have to be when Taco can ask that question and not be making a joke?

5. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Good news. Anyone know what Pete's status is?

6. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he going to be ready to play or ready to come back train and come in as a sub?

7. FakeHuman

FakeHuman New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Southern California
    I hope starting!

8. FakeHuman

FakeHuman New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Southern California

He could handle the job, it would be nice to see.

9. annoying04

annoying04 New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    california
    I went to the practice today and asked Chris when he was coming back.He said "in about two weeks." Then I asked Vagenas, he said that he hopes he will be able to play Monday, but he didnt practice with the team, so i think he wont be able to play Monday. Marshall and Pando are still with the team. From the starters vs. reserves i saw the starting 11 as:

------------------Gato-------------------
    Ugo-----Marshall-----Chinchilla----Dunivant
    Cobi----Nagamura----Grabavoy-----Pando
    -----Gordon/Enfield---Kirovski------------
    (btw: the reserves scored an own goal in the scrimage :eek: )

10. FakeHuman

FakeHuman New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Southern California
    thanks for the info, im disapointed but im sure its for the best.

11. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Pando and Marshall stay thru Monday, I like that lineup a lot.
    Especially because there is no Naldo in it.

12. FakeHuman

FakeHuman New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Southern California
    holy crap you are right!!

13. annoying04

annoying04 New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    california
    I think Naldo might be injured(or something) he didnt even play for the reserves. Maybe its a sign :eek:

14. 256_Galaxy_fan

256_Galaxy_fan New Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Huntsville, AL
    Or the first real sign that he could have been cut....

Did the first team look good? Out there... score some good goals?

15. annoying04

annoying04 New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    california
    The first team had alot of shots, but still only scored one goal. But SS kept stoping them every few minutes so they couldnt do as much as they wanted to. I remember Kiro had to take the same corner about 3 or 4 times because he(Sampson) didnt like it (He kept saying "not good enough") And SS stopped the game for a couple minutes to make the guys go put their shin guards on. (there weren't enough shinguards for everyone so a few players put pennys(sp?) instead of shin guards, then he made them pay $5 before tomorrows practice for forgetting :rolleyes: ) Then one of the reserve defenders scored an own goal. :rolleyes:

16. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Thanks for going out and doing the dirty work, annoying. First hand info, though not as fun as wild speculation, is always appreciated.

And whomever said Steve treats the players like kids during practice wasn't lying. My god. He sounds like a high school JV coach.

17. FakeHuman

FakeHuman New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Southern California
    He sounds like me coaching my daughters GU12 Select team - lol

18. annoying04

annoying04 New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    california
    I wouldnt call it dirty work, it was fun. I took pictures with almost all of them after the practice(except Naldo(who didnt understand my english)and Kirovski(who left before i could get a picture with)). They all signed a jersey of mine as well. I was impressed how easy the guys were to talk to. Especially Gato when he said(after i took a picture with him)"I love all my fans" It was nice to know that we are appreciated.
    The only dirtywork was having to drive an hour and a half just to watch them practice, but that wasnt that bad.(though traffic was horrible)

I think he treats them like kindergardeners. He stopped plays so often to correct the reserve team's performance. I think he only stopped play to correct the starters a few times (besides the corner-kick-retaking). It was only about a 30-45 minute scrimmage but Sampson was definnately getting annoying (no pun intended)

the score was 2-0 if you count the own goal. I didnt recognize the reserve defender that scored the own goal.Nagamura scored the other goal.

19. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy