Albirex Niigata in Singapore

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by ASkenji, Sep 13, 2003.

1. ASkenji

ASkenji New Member

Apr 10, 2002
    Sao Paulo
  2. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    That's cool. There needs to be more cross-league interaction. Especially from the bigger 3 leagues in the East (K/J League, Jia A) and the smaller leagues to the South.

3. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    how good is the chinese side sinchi?

4. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    well i suppose it's time south east asian countries realise that they don't have to look outside asia to import foreign players.

some of the australian and african players getting paid big salaries in the m-league and ordinary at best.

they should look at japanese (especially midfield playmakers) and korean players for a change who should be available for lower salaries.

5. giantrobot

giantrobot New Member

Nov 28, 2001
    Berkeley, CA
    I wouldn't say that the M-League targets only Australian and African players. Rather, it's whether an individual could accept the best salaries that the M-League could offer - punitive by East Asian standards - the hot & humid climate year round, and other certain 'sacrifices'. The M-League has been unable to convince any Korean or Japanese footballers to come play for their league. I would say Singapore would have more success due to their better wages and the promise of modern living ;) . The ones who come to Malaysia do so because of the adventure of playing in an exotic climate, where most commodities are cheap and the girls are beautiful.

I'd agree that some of the foreign contingent are a complete waste of ringgit, but there are a notable few who have contributed to their teams, particularly Robbie Gaspar (Australia), Keith Gumbs (St. Kitts-Nevis), Frank Seator (Liberia), et cetara.
    These guys are not world-class, but they are certainly better-than-average.

To answer Hama's question, Sinchi is sitting 7th in a table of 12 teams. Except for a notable lack of aggression, their team-play is not too bad.