Alavanja [R?]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morenolsen, Aug 25, 2002.

1. morenolsen

morenolsen New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    I'm now convinced that he's the worst player in the league.

2. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He was awful, but then, so were about five or six other players today.

RS

3. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    He is TERRIBLE but he was one of our most dangerous players today. How pitiful is that!!

4. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    Just PATHETIC, the whole damn lot.

5. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also can someone tell me what game Lagerway was watching Wensday. His comments about Lazo having a good game were puzzling to me. I was there an Lazo played just a poorly as he did today.

6. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    He needs to be sent down to the lowest youth league in America and start over.

7. Etcheverry's Mullet

Etcheverry's Mullet New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    agreed...just awful

8. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The field was in atrocious condition today after the Jets vs. Giants game last night and many players had problems adjusting to the poor field conditions. None more so that Lazo. He never put enough pace on any of his passes and every one seemed to result in a turnover or a hospital ball.

9. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I was puzzled by the Lagerway comments too, but didn't he play in Miami? So maybe they are friends from there and he's trying to stick up for his buddy.

The way he kept giving the ball away with every touch was pathetic. If RH keeps him around after this season he deserves to be fired on the spot.

10. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    The key to stopping Lazo is to simply step in front of him b/c the man only runs in a straight line. Four times I counted him take off through a wide open midfield and run straight into a Metros defender. Guy didn't have to move to steal the ball - Lazo ran dead into him. He is like an under-8 kid who looks down while dribbling and just runs into people.

Pathetic!

11. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Well, it is sad that Lazo is the only player that we have (except occasionally Reyes) who will attack players on the dribble. It is sad because Lazo never gets by them when he attacks on the dribble. But, at least he tries.

He was also the only one willing to try a shot from the top of the box. He missed. But, he tried.

When our dangerman is not dangerous, it is a problem.

12. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Lazo was our leader in shots yesterday with 2.

2 shots led the team?!?!?!

He may be crap, but he was at least willing to try to make an impact on this game.

13. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    We are last in MLS in goals and shots. You don't need a geometry theorem to tell where things have gone wrong.

14. Etcheverry's Mullet

Etcheverry's Mullet New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    'c' squared equals 'a' squared plus....oh, we need to score more!

15. Hudson Hawk

Hudson Hawk New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Delaware
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lazo is the WORST player to ever get any playing time in a D.C. United uniform.

My question is: why does Hudson keep playing him? Lazo trots around the field all the time, has no pace, no drive, no desire. It's incredible to me that he's still on the team. Namoff is better than him. Namoff should have been here taking Lazo's minutes.

16. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    To that, I say: Juan Berthy "Chico" Suarez.