Alaska has another ballot issue just as important as Prez election...

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Mel Brennan, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    I'm still a Galaxy fan for the rest of this season, and I'd like to be able to spark up a joint to ease the pain of Bunker Bob's Circus Freaks beating us this Friday.

But you're right, we don't need more pot smokers.

What happened when Prohibition ended? Did we suddenly have more beer drinkers?

No, the same people drank beer, they just gave their money to Budweiser & Miller; not to organized crime.

What would happen if you had to buy your Wacky Tabacky in the State Ganja Store; located at inconvenient places, open inconvenient hours. And closed on Election Day.

2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    See, I actually want more people smoking pot.

I could give two poopoos about recreational marijuana, but support legalization for the reasons you mention, but I prefer medical marijuana over addictive and potentially dangerous prescription painkillers like Vicodin and Oxy.

Guess which industry opposes legalization and research?

3. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca

Jesus Inc.

4. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Nah, Jesus is cool with ganja. Or am I thinking of Bob Marley? I get the two confused all the time.

Well, the two of the driving forces behind the War on Drugs are private security firms that run prisons (more prisoners = more money, duh) and pharmaceuitcals who couldn't profit from patents if people drop painkillers for medical marijuana.

5. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca

i would also include the booze industry. they want people getting retarded on thier products, not something that could easily be grown in the backyard.