Alarming news (Toon version)

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by CrewToon, Sep 30, 2003.

1. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    I wanted to start this in the Newcastle forum.

I don't want to believe any of this concerning the alleged rape of a 17-year-old at a West London hotel, but the club has yet to issue any denials, so I am concerned.

What really concerns me is that there are rumors that SBR has quit. Regardless of what happened, I hope he hasn't.

But to the above incident, if any of the players from the club are involved and some of this is found to be true, they should be released immediately.

2. Fat Dutchman

Fat Dutchman Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Red Lion, Aberdeen
    Couldn't agree with you more Crewtoon...I would be devstated if Uncle Bobby left the club at this point. There is plenty of football left and I think were are just about to turn the corner.

Unless of course our players are involved in this rape case. If they are, obviously they should get the sack straight away. And where would it leave the club? I'm not sure. But, I've heard it was Jenas, Dyer, Bellers, and Bramble among those involved. If they have done it, they are just sick f#$ks who need help.

3. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Why does it not surprise me that motormouth might be involved.

4. Fat Dutchman

Fat Dutchman Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Red Lion, Aberdeen
    This isn't on topic, but I just wanted to say to you Crewtoon, that I was at Columbus a couple of years back for the NUFC-Columbus Crew match. What an excellent stadium(although a roof would be perfect, considering the weather) and what a great pre-match get together at the stadium where the Broonale was flowing like wine. Got me picture taken with Niall and Biffa. Two really nice lads. I didn't get to have any post match fun, as my dad and I had to catch the Greyhound back home.

5. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where did you hear the SBR has quit? I'm searching the net and I know my friend Geordie John from Newcastle would have emailed me with any info already. This is a very scary thing!

6. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccernet has just released a statement by Newcastle squashing the rumors. Apparently Newcastles stock dropped 10% after the rumor was out so Newcastle released a statement immediately. So good news for the Toon...SBR is still ours......Continued on the Rape story, they say that one of the names is household. I really hope its none of our boys!

7. Fat Dutchman

Fat Dutchman Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Red Lion, Aberdeen
    Re: Re: Alarming news (Toon version)

nufc.com, Planetfootball, football365 and soccernet have all run stories saying how Newcastle has put out a statement that SBR has not quit the team, after stock fell after it was heard that he was quitting.

8. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    That's the funny thing. Had the stock not dropped, Fat Freddy wouldn't have said a thing.

And as I mentioned before, the club denying that any Newcastle players are involved in the alleged incident is not a good thing.

9. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    As poorly timed as it is for football discussion, that is the purpose of this site. If the names that have been mentioned are correct and the allegations are correct Newcastle will be completley rocked. The poor start to the season wasn't a good thing, but was tolerable, because Newcastle still possessed what most view as the best collection of young talent in the Premiership. I get the feeling Newcastle's stock dropping might not have only had to do with BR's departure, these rumors might have had a part. We are talking about some of the bright young stars of England in these allegations...

10. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Sir Bobby Robson's four-year tenure as manager of Newcastle is under threat because the board are worried that he has lost control of the younger members of his dressing room (Daily Express).

- just read this on the BBC website. Under football - rumours.

Sounds feasible and hearing bits from back home in England.

11. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    It's all BULL SHITE.

12. kpwright

kpwright New Member

Sep 30, 2003
    Newcastle
    Some one mentioned it elsewhere on this website, but does anybody else think it is quite strange that no club has denied any involvement amongst those Premiership clubs in London that weekend? Obviuosly I don't want it to be our players but it is strange that Liverpool (for example) have not distanced themselves by stating that none of their players were invloved. You would have thought that clubs which are not invloved would want to focus any unwanted media attention away from themselves and surely they must have some idea if their players are involved or not.

13. osme

osme New Member

Jul 31, 2003

Generally speaking, clubs and players don't comment on media speculation so why should liverpool, newcastle, villa, chelsea ...etc comment on this?
    The fact of the matter is that most people in the media will know precisely which club and players are involved so are hardly likely to drag other teams in and face the threat of legal action.
    I agree it would be very easy for liverpool to release a statement saying that the club and players were not staying in london on the night in question, but that in itself increases the pressure on other clubs and in turn possibly prejudices any ongoing investigations.

14. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Omlas

Omlas New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Trouble

From the daily mirror reports of a team meeting it looks like this is definitely Newcastle.

It identifys the team leader (alan Shearer) as being a father of two girls (hannah & Chloe) and verbally having a go at them.

I reckon this could in a reverse way actually bond the rest of the squad. Although the sinful seven will probably be Ostrasised.

It will be interesting to see the team sheet on saturday.

17. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Re: Trouble

Actually the story referred to three players.

I do agree that the clues in this story point to the Toon, and gives credence to the rumor Monday of SBR resigning, and the club having to deny it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk

18. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Wor Alan has a son aswell so it's not him.

19. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Oops, I forgot he has a son.

20. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Oops, I forgot he has a son. However, I think the top player was trying to correlate the incident on how he would be affected, and having a son would be irrelevant.

In addition, the source quoted the player saying that he had two daughters.

21. Omlas

Omlas New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    exactly, I have a boy and a girl. But if I was having a go at someone about this I would have said something like "i have a daughter myself like"

22. Omlas

Omlas New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    This whole thing just makes me both very angry and very sad.

I just hope that if they are guilty they hold their hands up and admit it so the club can move on.

It would appear that at least something happened in that hotel room and even if it appeared to be consensual they should have known better. They are paid alot of money and are in the spot light of media attention.

Given the histories of these players you think they would learn to have a quiet night in.

23. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Whether any NUFC players are involved, Omlas has a good point.

why risk your career having consensual sex with a 17-year-old?

24. Omlas

Omlas New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Although Sex is legal at 16 in UK unlike USA where I beleive this would be considered statutory rape.

Whether they are guilty of rape or not, they are definitely guilty of stupidity.

As far as I understand it 3 are being considered for Rape charges, 2 for indecent assault and the other two with aiding and abetting.

Even the last charge carries a two year scentance and if anyone his found guilty I cant see them playing football professionally again.

Although not wishing to make light of this, it would make a good remake of the mean machine. What a prison team that would be.

25. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas