Alarming breaking news!

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by kaberon10, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From what I've seen of American reporting you also name them as a suspect even if there they aren't.

2. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Refuse to believe it

One of Chelsea's players was mentioned.
    Only the youngsters in NUFC who don't have previous records were mentioned.
    And it's all gossip. I very much doubt that Newcastle players would act like this. Brawling in a bar yes, for even Nicky Butt was charged not too long ago for an alleged assault.

I certainly hope this ordeal never happened, I have idols in every club and would be really sad to see anyone going to jail. There are too many things in the reports that convince me of a fabrication: The number of people in the room with the victim is inconsistent, anywhere from one person to fifty. The number eight appeared at first, in the SUn, and immediately I thought this was a mental game to get the eight "criminals" from Sunday's game (ManU Arse) indicted by the FA. The coincidence of the SUn breaking this news of this girl during the time when the FA is investigating the incidents of the match cannot be overlooked.

3. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Have to agree with you there. If a person goes to the press first, it seems to say quite a great deal. Case dismissed. Even if it is true. Very sad.

4. Charlie84

Charlie84 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    This is very serious and though I have no idea if its true or not the story has a ring of plausability.

I said this when Newcastle first signed Woodgate and then Bowyer. Signing all these players with bad reputations and questionable self control for one team was bound to lead to trouble whether legal or illegal. (Nothing like this occured to me, I thought more pubs or hotels getting trashed.)

Look at the players in the squad though some or all of them may not be involved.

Kieron Dyer - sent home from two (or more) club trips for bad behaviour

Craig Bellemy - Arrested and charged over an incident at Jongleurs in Cardiff. Later cleared but his behaviour was not perfect

Lee Bowyer - We all know about him

Jonathon Woodgate - Again we all know abut him. Furthermore his troublesome mates all live in Middlesborough, Newcastle is too close for comfort

Andy Griffen - Several incidences of trouble within the club

Lauren Robert - Not always in bed by 9.30!!!

Jermaine Jenas - Reportedly has an extraordinarily low IQ and is very easily lead astray.

All of the above are talented players and should be in the premiership but putting them all in the same squad together is asking for trouble.

From talking to a friend in the Chelsea youth team the things that strike me are

1) As a footballer they have a lot of time with nothing to do espically hanging around in hotels in far flung cities (Newcastle to London)

2) Successful young footballers find themselves surrounded by yes men and are the centre of attention, women are a lot easier to pull.

3) They have a ot more money than others their age or than they ever imagined what to do with. Yet the can drink for free in most major clubs

4) Few were ever successful at school. Of an England under 16 squad of 22 my friend was the only one to pass 5 or more GCSE's at grade C or above, a standard more than 50% of the population reaches.

They are not the most intelligent of people but are treated like Gods and so get away with minor things which leads onto these bigger problems.

No wonder Robson felt he had to resign over losing control of younger players. It is just surprising that he felt he could control all of them in the first place.

5. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Interesting

Some comments:

I would believe it more if the "gang" was made up of Chelsea and the singled out player from Newcastle. But just because it's the other way around, I have doubts.

6. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Yes he was, Lee Bowyer racially abused an asian worker at a McDonalds in central London early in the morning. Asking to be served by a white man. He then proceeded to trash the place when no-one else was on hand to serve him of carcasian persuasion.

This was during his days at Charlton where he was then subsquently sacked by the club for failing a dope test.

7. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Does anyone know the legality behind all this? They want to put a gag on the internet when discussing potential court cases. However, when those servers are outside the UK/EU/Commonwealth, where the UK legal system will have no real weight, what can they do? They can't enforce all to shut down their services over this. The internet is a minefield to all. Any ideas? They can't stop this can they?

8. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    You are joking aren't you? Although Chelsea's fans may often be more than troublesome, their squad is mostly full of top European professionals, who would never do something that would seriously jeopardise their careers. Newcastle on the other hand have actively sought some of most poorly behaved footballers in the country. Each with a very troubled past.

From Kieron Dyer with his lurid holiday video's to the terrible two-some in Woodgate and Bowyer.

Even before the news was confirmed to me by a journalist mate of mine, i was 99% sure of the club the 7 came from, and i had a rough idea of the players likely to be involved. Carlton Cole (19 y/o) however was a bit of a shock but there is unconfirmed speculation that the girl may have been his girlfriend and she agreed to have a 3-some with one other player, but the rest didn't want to be left out.

9. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Little to discuss

Hey Franfurt, couldn't reply to your posting in "Discuss 606' because it would be deleted.

Yesterday, in Arse's MB, the typical fans and I began reporting the gossip as if we were commenting the game. It was very funny actually, even a ManC came on board and replied like this:

--I see Arsenal fans are on a siege mentality, I'm beginning to like them.

It was quite an accomplishment, after most postings were deleted. But then it got to be impossible to comment on real football because as soon as you pressed the reply button it would send you to loony land.

After a while of being frustrating to everyone, the Mods decided to take harsher steps to stop the nonsense, and believe me it was nonsensical, with comments like: "My aunt saw so-and-so raping someone."

What I couldn't relate to was postings today pointing out that Mods are stupid, I saw at least four in the ManU MB. Simply nothing to discuss.

We got the lesson yesterday. But a lot of fans are not even letting us go back to discussing football. Perhaps if the Mods didn't see so much whining, then they would return to normal. And of course we're guilty because we found a way around their moderation for a little while.

10. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Re: Little to discuss

But what did you think of what I have said on the matter? Typical knee-jerk reaction and treat everyone like kids. Plus what do you think of what I posted above? Hurrah for th Internet, or?

PS I am from Manchester, living in Frankfurt am Main. I am Frankfurt Blue and Frank's blue in Frankfurt - 606.

11. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Quite serious

YOU WANT THE TRUTH??

Actually, it was Rude Van Rat'sface of the Offside Diver.

[ I find it irresistible to libelously slander his name all over this page! If this is ever gets to a court of law, I become Keown's idol.]

12. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Hey Blue,

I don't know if this site is in danger of a libel, a reporter said perhaps. British attorney general ordered the shut down of one site yesterday, to protect the victim, since the case is under investigation. If the rats are real criminals, they should go to jail. But if found innocent, they could launch a civil lawsuit, especially against BBC.

They can't enforce all of them to moderate or shut down til this is all over. But it's terrible that we could sit here and deduct who the culprits are without proof.

13. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Lots to discuss

You miss manci? I have a friend from Manch living in South Africa, if this makes you feel better.

It was stupid van Horseface who was at the hotel. I have no idea if he was involved in the case. All I know is that he was there: BECAUSE HE'S EVERYWHERE! Trust me, I have eleven witnesses.

14. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    Re: Lots to discuss

How old are you?

15. SaintLuke

SaintLuke New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    I whole heartedly agree. When did rape become funny? The media are disgusting shown by the first edition of the Sun last week on the sad story of Frank Bruno. People need to collectively show some responsibility not to read this crap! If newspapers print articles that sell stories then long will they continue to do so. Do not buy these awful newspapers.

16. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Agree it isn't funny. However, there are several serious issues, which no one seems to be able to answer. Some of this trouble is caused by the press. Plus some people run to the press before going to the authorities. Makes a mockery of the legal system.

More serious is the power of the internet. The British Attorney General ordered a site to be closed and several messageboards were closed, due to the threat of legal implications. However, here we are on a site outside of British law and quite a few of us not even in the UK. What can be done? Plus we all have email, which can also be used to spread rumours and the like.

This is a very powerful tool we have before us my friends. Think about it. It's wonderful, but also scary.

17. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    To take a piece of gossip published in the Sun so seriously implies that you have already condemned the accused without proof. Just the fact that you're reading a posting about a gossip doesn't pose a moral dilemma for you?
    This is one of the reasons messageboards in England have chosen not to allow this topic.

Perhaps I'm wrong and a moderator could give their opinion. But last time I checked, this was a soccer messageboard, not a place to pass judgments on people you don't know.

18. SaintLuke

SaintLuke New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    If you were in England you would realise that is currently dominating all media from the Guardian and BBC to the tabloid/gutter press.

The fact that it is so widespread is not to aportion guilt to those allegedly accused. The point is to do with media and in the light of internet leaks the power of this relatively new media. If not regulated what is to stop a newspaper spreading gossip via the internet, creating a story which does not exist merely to sell papers?

I was not aware I was making judgements apart from the fact that I expressed an opinion that rape was not funny.

Perhaps jmpike would clarify to which persons I was making a judgement against?

19. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    What is it with you? Don't you know or understand what is going on? This involves several serious issues. If you are not interested, don't bother.

20. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This is not dominating anything. Get real. Just because the odd tabloid jizz rag is running with it and Sky have released the "shocking" information that Scotland Yard are "investigating" does not mean it is "dominating"! Well, maybe in Southampton it is ... dreary place, Southampton.

Can we change the title of this thread? This is neither alarming nor news.

It's guff.

21. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Okay, let's back up a little. I wasn't angry at you, I know rape isn't funny. I made a joke about some guy who has nothing to do with this gossip. Then someone other than you, in this messageboard, asked how old I am. I just imagined that he was taking this so seriously because my joke was not funny.

Someone in page 2 or 3 of this thread made a joke on Michael Owen, and no one cared, they didn't get angry.

But be aware that in this thread, people already have passed judgments on players from Newcastle United, their ages, what they did in the past, whether or not they are capable of committing rape. That, my friend, is immoral. I thought you were guilty of any crime until after you were proven guilty. It's much worse than me making a silly joke on a player.

22. SaintLuke

SaintLuke New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    JMPike, ok we are possibly arguing the same point.
    May have missed what you were saying, apologies.

Whoever slated me (Matt someone) for supporting or being in Southampton, well done. Any more and I will get my dad onto you. I am not sure if my argument is quite as pathetic and childish as yours though.

23. Thriller

Thriller New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Following one step b
    What we got here?

OK, I have seen about those football sex-parties, all women footballers have and the rest of twisted and dirty gossips and stories around footballers (As I said in "When football turns to sex") etc . but really things are going far beyond limits in those tabloids.

So, what we got: 8 EPL players rape a girl, an ugly crime, but they don´t say who are these RAPERS, only that they are ENGLISH and INTERNATIONAL players from famous clubs. Hum, so they are creating a big gossip around FAMOUS PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALLERS WHO ARE RAPERS.
    So, what we got here: they can be Thierry Henry, Van Histelrooyd, Verón, Makelele, Kieron Dyer, Alan Shearer, Owen, Keane, Lampard Why not Crespo? Or Seaman? Or whoever else...

What an ugly gossip if this is not true at all. Dirty, dirty tabloids.

24. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nor is my sense of humour as constipated as yours mate.

Here - have one of these if it makes you feel better --> :)

25. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    sounds like you're passing judgement on me. you never answered what was a simple question......