Alarming breaking news!

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by kaberon10, Sep 28, 2003.

1. skyboy

skyboy New Member

Jul 16, 2003
    New York City
    Re: Re: Charged?

is reading comprehension a big problem for you?

quote:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Both were questioned in connection with the allegation of rape and sexual assault at the Grosvenor House Hotel on 27 September, made by a 17-year-old girl.

The men are both professional footballers playing in the Premiership, the BBC has learnt.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

2. Retail Hell

Retail Hell New Member

Oct 8, 2003
    Dublin
    THE 22 YEAR OLD HAS BEEN RELEASED ON POLICE BAIL, & THE 19 YO IS STILL IN POLICE CUSTODY.

3. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be suprised if it was Ameobi that was arrested.... I'm watching him play for England right now in the U21 match against Turkey....

4. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Yet another reason why all you idiots need to stop dropping names for no other reason than their age.

5. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I disagree, it's helped us narrow it down to Cole and Bramble. :D

6. skyboy

skyboy New Member

Jul 16, 2003
    New York City
    off the subject, captain splarg....
    although i am a manu fan and among few who likes v. nistelrooy, i do like your logo...it does makes me laugh

good one, mate!

7. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Originally posted by ZonaGunner
    Just curious, as it seems they've been very careful to not name football players, but this other guy's name seems to be freely mentioned.

It turns out you are right. Of course, the pimp guy named himself selling the story to the tabloid. But the other guy did not. And yet, here is his name: Pal Jason Edwards. But yet the footballers names remain a mistery.

9. keeprighton

keeprighton New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Solihull
    No mystery.

Bramble & C Cole

10. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Ameobi & Ambrose are with the Under 21's in Turkey, so it can only be Bramble. Will the above to be arrested when they return home? Only four arrests so far. We have atleast three if not four to go.

11. keeprighton

keeprighton New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Solihull
    If Ameobi and Ambrose were involved, there is no way they would have even been allowed to go to Turkey, or even leave the country. Rule them out.

12. chelseabelle

chelseabelle New Member

Oct 10, 2003
    see above
    Hey Skyboy,
    If you go to www.football365.com and go to the t-shirts section, you'll find the van nistelrooy design on a shirt. There are lots of cool shirts, i bought a collina one for myself.

13. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  14. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    The part about Dyer not having a clue to more than one room being booked under his name his hard to swallow, especially because the hotel is supposed to be top-flight.

15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't know any more than you but I took what Dyer said to mean that he had booked a room in his name and informed the hotel that another 6 or 7 players would also need rooms. The hotel, quite naturally, placed his name next to those bookings.

I've done something similar myself, booking rooms for other people, and found that my name was used instead of the names I had given them.

I don't think this means anything and I certainly don't think we can start extrapolating from something as simple as this to make any assumptions about Dyer.

16. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spot on Andy.You can hold a number of rooms on one credit card,then when the group comes in,they register and make payment.

17. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Bump.

This was the biggest thing since sliced bread just over 2 weeks ago. Now...nothing on bbc or soccer websites. What the hell happened (or, is not happening)?

18. DrPoke

DrPoke New Member

Oct 8, 2003
    Press have probably been told to lay off reporting it incase it prejudices any forthcoming trial, either that, or they milked it so much initially there's nothing more to add to it!

19. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Still weird that no one at all is talking about it on here. This is still a huge story, no?

Matter of fact, I don't remember seeing anything at all about this case in the German or Austrian news outlets. It's like the whole thing was just a brief figment of our imagination that is now forgotten.

20. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    no arrests?

Well, where are we with this story?
    Jody Morris, on loan from Chelsea to Leeds was arrested for an alleged assault in a highway, a week after the London incident - and then in passing BBC stated that he's a suspect in the London incident. Carlton Cole was mentioned here, but the loaned player looks more like Jody Morris. We know nothing of the matter!

BTW, I think Kieron Dyer had nothing to do.

21. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    No it wasn't.