Alan Quinn to Sunderland

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Zacatecas, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Zacatecas

Zacatecas New Member

Dec 31, 2002
    Nice to see him move up a division. Apparently he will go straight into the team for tomorrow's game.
    At this rate Sunderland will need to apend a "Shamrocks" to their offical title.

Sunderland now have 9 RoI capped players (at various levels) and 4 NI players.

Free Sate.....

Babb
    Breen
    Rossiter
    McAteer
    Thornton
    Butler
    Healy
    Ryan
    Quinn

Norn Iron......

Whittley
    McCartney
    Teggart
    Ingham

This has to be the most "Irish" club in England, or Scotland for that matter. Does anyone know of a club that had more?

They also have a young fella by the name of Patrick Collins, born in Newcastle, with a name like that he probably has an Irish granny. But he has been capped for England at U-17 though.

2. has personal problem

Sep 19, 2003
    while i will be sad to see him go, he was a faithfull and hard working player for us, it was innevitable that he would move up divisions. we have gotten an irishman in return though

3. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    While it's good to see another Irishman move up a devision and quite possibley two by next season it'll likely be at the expence of Thomas Butler, one of our brighter prospects, so I'm not sure I'm happy about it.

4. Pat Mustard

Pat Mustard New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ireland
    In what was I think was the first or maybe second year of the Premiership Middlesbrough played six players against Derby away who were or would later be full free state internationals - Morris, Kernaghan, Fleming, Kavanagh, Moore and Slavin.

5. Desigol

Desigol New Member

Jan 17, 2003
    County Tyrone, NI
    Does anybody believe he has a chance of making the Senior squad?

6. shay

shay New Member

May 13, 2003
    london
    who is this teggert guy who plays for sunderland ?