Alan Gordon

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by PZ, Dec 1, 2004.

1. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which raises the issue - Is he...

1. The big Ching-like target forward?

2. An insurance policy

3. Trade bait

4. Practice-squad fodder

5. The next Mckinley Tennyson

3. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    I like this kid. Didn't see much but in that time he pressed hard, showed heart and most importantly..kept his trap shut.

good signing, let's just hope he stays for a while.

4. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I too see potential in him. Kinda like Brian Ching-ish potential. Hopefully, he'll get some game-time exposure to develop, but that's going to be difficult with Kiro, Ruiz, and Gwen on the field.

5. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gordon does have potential, but how many other players before him had potential & busted for us? I hope Stevie knows how to develop upon that.

6. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he is the ideal kind of "project" for the MLS Reserve Squads tournament idea that is floating around. That would give him game time under the eye of LAG coaching staff.

7. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ape

Yeah... and he looks like a less-prehistoric Zague of 80's & 90's Mexico NT days.

8. MissingMathis

MissingMathis New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Long Beach CA
    This guy hasn't had enough time to shine, but by the amount of goals he's scored in the A-league, I'm not ready to write him off yet. I kinda feel like the Dodgers and Pedro Martinez regarding Brian Ching, not only did we have him, we gave him up for nothing, and now he's a national team regular, and a pain in our ass. Lets give this kid a year, maybe 2, and if he sucks, lets send him somewhere far far away, just so we dont have to worry about him coming back as Sir Scores-a-lot.

9. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Yeah, I could see Gordon playing 90 minutes for the reserves every game they play and occasionally breaking into the first team for some action (while Fish is at qualifying). I'm more optimistic about Gordon. He's got a knack for scoring, that's for sure.

10. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He fits the Sampson mold for lone striker in the "system" almost like a glove. In Steve's mind this guy is definately a #1 on your list there and I expect for Steve to look for all kinds of ways to get this guy into the lineup as often as possible next season.

I am a little bit reserved about him. I am glad he will be around next season because he is young and all kinds of good things have been said about him, but he looked rather pedestrian in the few times he suited up at the end of the year. Hopefully he develops into something worthwhile, but I am not holding my breath.

11. Evo3racer

Evo3racer New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Long Beach

GREAT MINDS do think alike :eek: :D