Alabama Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'nicodemus Guestbook' started by nicodemus, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McTide

McTide New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Pine Level Alabama
    Re: Tryout results

I imagine that the Prattville soccer club is sick about losing them. I am a little ill because in a perfect world, they should be playing with the Streaks. I do not see why Prattville has a team, except for the rivalry between the 2 YMCAs. Maybe, Michael will get the club's act together soon.

We are still having tryouts (finish Tuesday). It seems that the hopeful U11 team has some talent; hopefully the kids will mesh together as a team.

2. MD20/20

MD20/20 New Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Hampton Inn, mostly

Actually, they are both former Streaks players who are 91 age but in the past have had to play up on the Streaks 90 team. Remember that 'law of big numbers' conversation we had earlier this year? This is where it starts to sink in. Things are tough all over - we had some consolidation in a couple of ages this year between our club, Vestavia, and Mountain Brook, and that was before the shenanigans.

3. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001

my 95 Angels team is finally together. I have the 2nd team. The 1st team looks to be really good(well, potential anyway).

4. McTide

McTide New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Pine Level Alabama

I found out what happened. There are not enough boys to put together a competetive '91 team because many of them are now playing football and the boys in question did not want to play on the '90 team. Can't say that I blame them about having to play up. It is definitely a numbers game.

5. MD20/20

MD20/20 New Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Hampton Inn, mostly

We are sure glad to have them. I haven't been this excited at the end of tryouts in a couple of years. Our DOC is taking the team, we have a group of new ODP players, and we are returning 9 starters from the team that won state and Region III Premier League. Maybe we can actually win a tournament in Atlanta this year :rolleyes:

6. McTide

McTide New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Pine Level Alabama

I am looking forward to seeing the ASC facility and watching the teams play. I am going to do what I can to get the program here on a comparable level.

7. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

Please start a new version of this thread.

8. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Will do chief. I had it slated to start at 1,500, but we can go ahead and do it. I'll get it on the 500 schedule from now on...

9. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Okay folks, new thread is here. Make sure you adjust the thread in your links to reflect the new version.